Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
marared

Tricksy Bath Oil

TRICKSY BATH OIL
Patchouli, aquilaria aguillocha, and Manuka honey.

This one is whoa-patchouli, tempered and sweetened a bit by the honey, but it's still distinctive and persistent. I used a little bit in the shower last night, saw how thick the oil was (doesn't spread well directly on skin - obviously that's not what it's meant for, but we were just testing!), and spent several minutes washing it off. I still could smell faint patchouli for hours afterwards. I like it, but I would be cautious using it around anyone who *doesn't* like patchouli!

Oooo first post from me but I am a long time lurker. And this was too fantastic to keep quiet about.

From the bottle I mainly smell the patchouli. Yet, when I tested it in the bath, my entire bathroom started to smell like this fantastic campfire, without the burning of the eyes of course. I assume that this is due to the aquilaria wood. The patchouli is still pretty strong but it blends really well the wood and it is not to sweet (which is what I love about it). Out of the bath, I can now start to smell a little of the honey which mellows out the campfire smell. It is quite sexy in the end.

The oil in mine is very smooth and strong so I didn't use a whole lot in the bath water but I put it directly on my skin and let it soak off in the bath. I don't think there will be any problems using this in the shower or any other uses such as shaving or applying in the hair.

Overall, I am very happy with it! :wub2:

I just rubbed some of this into my arms and WOW...is it nice!

In the bottle and a little bit on my skin it smells what's reading to me as spicy/patchouli. If you have ever smelled Mythos Mixtures Belit Ili, that's what the spice part reminds me of (especially while it's still in the bottle). On my skin I'm not really getting much honey.

This is very patchouli and I'm a patch lover. This would be fantastic layered with anything containing patchouli (Depraved, Goblin, Banshee Beat, etc)...or with anything that needs a patchouli kick ;)

This is very patchouli and I'm a patch lover. This would be fantastic layered with anything containing patchouli (Depraved, Goblin, Banshee Beat, etc)...or with anything that needs a patchouli kick ;)

In the bottle: I agree. This is fantastic stuff and full of my beloved patchouli. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I used this in the tub tonight, and once it hits the water, it turns to mostly pine. Patchouli, where did you go? Aquilaria aguillocha stop showing off, I want to smell more patchouli!!

Edited by violetblue

Tricksy Bath Oil

Thank you all for mentioning how potent the patchouli is in this bath oil!

Just used a little bit and it's definitely POW! patchouli!

thankfully it's not a 'dirty' patchouli, but it's still pretty overpowering.

I decided to add the oil to the tub before adding any water.

I used a quarter sized amount and it was just right!

it will layer REALLY well with Gula or something chocolatety!

Edited by Akurarei

This is definitely full-on patchouli, but I do not at all get the "head-shop" or "dirty hippie" feeling (not that there's anything wrong with that! :P ) It's a very woody patchouli, outdoorsy, with almost a pine note at first, but which fades into a smooth patchouli, probably helped by the honey.

This oil is much thicker than my other Trading Post bath oils, but it still spreads easily and smoothly and soaks right into the skin. (I use my bath oils as an after-shower moisturizer.) The ingredients list is in very fine print, and even with my reading glasses I'm having a hard time making it out, but for those who dislike mineral oil I don't see it listed as an ingredient on this one. However, don't hold me to that, because I can haz bad eyesight. :)

I'm very happy I ordered a backup bottle, as I can see that this will layer perfectly with so many of my perfumes!

This is an intense, heavy patchouli. It's a nice, rich oil that soaks nicely into my skin, wet or dry, but it's STRONG-smelling. If you don't want to be wafting patchouli everywhere, take care with this stuff. A tiny bit goes a very long way.

If "smell like patchouli" is on your list of things to do today, then go forth and get yourself some Tricksy! This is some powerful stuff-- a few little drops on my arms and legs after my shower kept me scented all day. Texture is pretty thick so if you use the oil this way, doing it while you still have some water on your skin is easiest. Patchouli and pine.

As has already been said, this is heavy on the patchouli (which I love <3). If I had to pick a bpal scent that it reminds me of, I'd say it reminds me of Goblin's sweet, dry, earthy patchouli. The honey does a great job of sweetening the scent up without smelling intensely like honey; this smells more like a patchouli and sweet vanilla scent to me in the bath water and on my skin afterwards. It feels like there's a spicy-earthiness to the patch as well.

I love this one. It made me want to go and slather on Goblin after my bath ^_^. Also, of course, my skin felt *amazingly* smooth and soft.

Weird! I love this scent, but to me it is nothing like honey, and very little patchouli. I mean, I can tell that it has some patchouli, but it's so well blended that the only thing that stands out is pine.

To me, Tricksy smells like I'm walking through a huge evergreen forest where the pine needles have been falling and collecting on the forest floor for so long that every step I take is a cushioned and fragrant crunch. The pine needles on top give off the fresh pine smell that is clean and fresh and naturally exhilarating. (No this isn't a soap commercial) And the pine needles from years past are below that, giving off a sweet earthy smell that mixes with rich dirt. The star of the show is the pine and the surrounding woodsy smell of the forest itself. I really love this. It's the perfect forest smell.

I'm using this as a sort of after bath oil, because I want to sniff my arms and be mentally back in that forest. God, I want this as perfume, and as room spray, and I want to put it in my shampoo and lotion as well.

Well, this is interesting. I hate patchouli. As you can read from all the reviews above, this is heavy patchouli. Holy tree-huggin' hippie! But strange....after about 10-15 minutes...the patchoulli almost disappears on me, and the sweet honey comes out with an honest effort....along with a woodsy note...must be the aquilaria aguillocha? I doubt I will keep this blend, but I am happy I risked it and tried it out :)

I don't get any honey out of this at all, which is odd, because that's a note I usually amp. I use the bath oils as after shower moisturizers. :thud: If I could smell this for the rest of my life I would never get tired of it.

There is patchouli, yes, but it's not the dominant note on my skin. Pine, sharp, evergreen, rich pine grounded by the earthiness of a high quality patchouli is what I get. Something a little smoky, too, like the trace of a campfire in the distance. It stays strong on me for hours. My skin feels amazingly soft and smooth, and this scent. This scent is totally to die for. It layers really well with Bogle. I love this. LOVE it.

I don't get any honey out of this at all, which is odd, because that's a note I usually amp. I use the bath oils as after shower moisturizers. :thud: If I could smell this for the rest of my life I would never get tired of it.

There is patchouli, yes, but it's not the dominant note on my skin. Pine, sharp, evergreen, rich pine grounded by the earthiness of a high quality patchouli is what I get. Something a little smoky, too, like the trace of a campfire in the distance. It stays strong on me for hours. My skin feels amazingly soft and smooth, and this scent. This scent is totally to die for. It layers really well with Bogle. I love this. LOVE it.

Ditto on all of this. I usually amp honey, but on me, Tricksy is nothing but pure, gorgeous, warm summer day patchouli backed up with earthy pine. It's like being in a warm summery forest with hippies. It's light and almost citrusy and complex and wow, I love it so. Mixed a few drops in with my shampoo--excellent. Used it to shave my underarms--stellar. Applied a bit as a moisturizer and rinsed with hot water--I smell magnificent and feel moisturized without feeling greasy. It also layers extraordinary well with Slaugh. Definite thumbs up.

I smell like a sexy man! I am having the hardest time trying to put into words what I am getting from this. At first the was "WHOA HIPPIE" patch, but now after about half an hour I am getting pine forest - but the dryness of cedar - something a little earthy (patch I am sure, but on an extremely small scale), and honey. I think it is the dryness that is throwing me off... my skin feels so soft that my brain is refusing to put it together that the dryness is just an evoked feeling rather than a state. Nice. I am not sure how much use this is going to get, as I am sure DH will not like it (he's still asleep at the moment), but I am really enjoying this. Much more than I thought I would.

Tricksy - This is an awesome patchouli scent. It's really heavy on the patchouli and is strongly woody, like an autumnal bonfire but without the smoke. I get very little honey, just enough to sweeten it a touch. It reminds me a lot of an earthier, woodier, less-sweet Samhain, with which Tricksy would layer gorgeously.

Whoa, this is a strong one! In the bath, I only used a couple of little squirts, and it scented my whole bath. It smells of patchouli of course, but I'm a bit surprised at the Christmas association I'm getting from this oil. Kind of evergreen in the bath. After the bath, I used it as a moisturizer, and I find it more 'patch' like than piney. At first, it was a bit too much, even for a patch lover, but it toned down after a bit, and is it ever downright dirty and sexy at the same time. I'm not so sure I'd wear this out in public, (well not right away, anyway), as it is very strong, and I know there are a few that don't like the scent of it. I'll probably wear this when I'm feeling girly, but bad ass. Kind of like not wearing any panties under your jeans. :lol:

This is smoky, woody autumnal love. If you're into L'Autunno, you'll be a fan of this one too. It's great that I don't need much to scent not just my tub but my entire bathroom afterwards (and a good part of the hall too!). I definitely get the patchouli and smoky woods the most; I sense a very slight sweetness from the honey but if you want it sweeter, do like I did and mix with a honey or vanilla-scented bubble bath; you'll never want to get out of the tub! It's also great that this lingers on my skin and provides a warm and sexy base for another autumnal scent like October.

Edited by Invidiana

This is smoky, woody autumnal love.

Totally agree with Invidiana here.

In the bottle it smells like pretty straight patchouli sweetened a little by the honey.

I haven't used it in the shower yet...but I did put it in my hair and use it on my skin.

It made my hair patchouli scented which has gradually faded into this very soft honey.

Put some on my arms, and it smells like very sweet, woody honey at first (I think I amp honey) but quickly becomes very "woody" like others mentioned.

It is beautiful and strong, but should probably be used in moderation around those you think may not love patchouli as much as you. :)

Not being a patchouli lover, I was surprized by how much I love this! I used some in the bath, then some on my arms and legs. The scent stayed with me all day, and my bathroom smelled divine! DH, who is pretty indifferent, asked what I had used in the bathroom and said it smelled really good! I don't get much pine, just lots of sweetened patchouli!

I didn't get this last Halloween because I put it off and forgot to order before it came down. I figured I'd find it for sale on the boards but never did. I'm glad the Post put this back on etsy for me to grab a bottle.

Tricksy is a patchouli lover's dream. It's a very strong and clean patchouli, like high-quality patchouli oil. There is some dark, resiny woods here and sweet, polleny manuka honey is pulling them both together. It dries down to honeyed woods.

This needs to be a perfume. Seriously! :wub2:

Oh, Tricksy, my beloved TRICKSY!

To say that I adore this magical potion of skin-softening goodness is like saying that a blue whale is big.

High end patchouli (Sumatran red, maybe?), a gorgeous and subtle woodsiness, and a tiny drop of honeyed sweetness to smooth it all out...perfection in a bottle.

Tricksy layers beautifully with Snake Oil and all its children and with pretty much every red musk blend I own, too. It smells fanfuckingtastic with SO hair gloss AND Honey hair gloss. I can wear it alone and still smell like a dream. It is magnificent.

I use it as an after-shower moisturizer and my skin is soft all day. My towel, which I now only wash occasionally, smells fuckingfantastic, too.

This needs to be a General Catalog blend, because my four bottles do not look like nearly enough to this decidedly non-hoarding gal.

I was lucky enough to have gotten the original bottle in the Inquisition gift bag. This is my autumn go-to. Deep, smooth, rich patchouli, not head-shoppy or hippie feet. The honey isn't present as a noticeable scent but it sweetens the patch. There's just a hint of woodsiness as well.

Honey and dirty patchouli. For all you patchouli lovers, this one is for you. It's a slightly sweetened dirty patchouli. For me, the patchouli has a very woody edge, smells almost like cedar.