Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple

Tart green apples coated in thick gobs of melty granulated white sugar, with butter, bourbon vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon, spattered by candy corn and candy sprinkles.

In the bottle - Wow. I want to bathe in this.

Wet - Yep, that’s sweet caramel and apple. A touch of corn syrup.

Drydown - Such happy sweetness! And some apple spice from the candy apple! Ooh, is that a Granny Smith? Definitely green apple, whatever it is, but the tartness is tempered by the dripping candy corn coating. I swear I’m getting caramel in here somewhere. It’s not the sticky note I get from a lot of the sweeter blends -- it’s more of a glossy, hard-shelled sugar.

Verdict - I’m SO thankful for the tester bottle, but I really wish I had more of this! Off to scour the forums!

Ok...So I know I had this scent a long time ago and realized I didn't make a review! but that was back in the day when I (and my nose) were new to BPAL and I recently got this back. WHY did I ever give it up in the first place??

In Bottle: fresh tart apples!! Yummy! I have a bottle of Sugar Slathered Candy Apple, and to me, this is a sharper, sweeter version.

On Skin: YUM! I am a foody lover, so this is right up my alley. I get apples and lots of sugar. Halloween in a bottle. As it warms up, I get the teeniest bit of the bourbon. Any booze note can go real good or real bad for me, and this is a good one. I don't get any cinnamon in this at all.

Drydown: This is so yummy.....this is like the more edgier sister of SSCA. :) I love this! It has a medium throw on me. Turns into a candy corn scent with that apple in the background. Amazing!!

In the bottle: tart apple

On my skin: tart apple is number one, it also has a little bit of a burnt note to it. Waiting to smell the candy corn but not yet...

Drydown: I get the sugar note now and the tart apple is still there. The candy corn never made a definite appearance and the tart apple is a bit too much for me. I was expecting more from this one...more candy corn that is lol

The apple note on this one is beautiful. However the "candy corn" gets a toffee-esq scent on me that's a no go. I smelled something similar in Sticky Pillowcase before as well.

There are plenty of other apple scents I like much more, so this one is a swapper for me. But it was straight forward. Beautiful tart juicy apple, and sticky-toffee + sugar sweet on top.

Applejack brandy in the bottle. Goes on as green apple juice. A brûlée note develops as it dries, but that soon goes stale — like the sprinkles are really old. This eventually recovers into a cheerfully artificial sugar note, like a corn syrup/sugar shell.

When wet, the candy apple note is super duper strong, resembles the green Jolly Ranchers. But as it dries, the candy corn and sprinkles nearly overtake the sugary apples. I did not get any bourbon vanilla or cinnamon. 

It's nice, maybe not quite bottle worthy since I wanted more apples.