Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple

Tart green apples coated in thick gobs of melty granulated white sugar, with butter, bourbon vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon, spattered by candy corn and candy sprinkles.

The apple note when this is wet is SO good--crisp and tart!
BUT about 10 minutes in that plastic note of doom that so plagues me lately started to emerge. I don't know what is doing that on my skin but it's so annoying to have yet another blend ruined by it. It lasted for about 30 minutes--the final stage here is buttery candy corn, a lot like Trick or Treat was on me.
And to think I was worried about the cinnamon! I don't even get a hint of it.

At first it was like this:

Granny_smith_apples.jpg

And then it was like this:

Nerds_box.jpg

(Specifically, the rainbow Nerds.)

And you know what? I love it. I LOVE smelling like a box of Nerds.

Edited by Kaylee

Amazingly this goes on as a sharp green apple and stays that way.

My skin chemistry is notorious for burning through sweet notes and it does with this particular scent.

For me the apple is crisp and fresh on wet, and then it dries to an apple candy with other sugary fruit hints. Sort of like Nerds candy.

Fruity, fun, apple candy.

Sugar-Slathered Candy Apple is one of my favorite BPAL scents ever, so I had high hopes for this. And it's pretty, really; it's a much tarter and fresher and greener and juicier apple than in SSCA. I don't get much of the buttery note, though, or the vanilla or cinnamon. And there's so much sugar in this scent that it goes past "candied apple" into "apple candy," to the point where I smell like a Jolly Rancher. Candy corn is one of my favorite parts of Halloween but I just don't smell it in here at all. This is a great scent, it's just not what I had hoped for.

:wub2: This is THE best Halloween scent this year. Upon initial application I get a fresh burst of crisp, juicy apples. As it settles into my skin a warm, buttery note steps forward along with a gorgeous powdered sugar note. :thud: I'm not detecting any cinnamon at all. If it's in there it's extremley light (I do have a slight cold right now which is disabling my sniffing abilities).

LOVE! :joy: CCCCA is instantly one of my all-time favorites. It's sweet and foody without smelling too much like a room scent or a candle. I will wear the bah-jeebus out of this one :)

Oooh, this is very appley on first sniff--though it's a bit more red apple when first applied. After a few minutes, the appleness gains a little more green tartness, and the sugar and butter lend a delicious warmth to it, as well. I don't get any candy notes, otherwise, and the vanilla-cinnamon-spiciness is a mere hint. In the end, this is gorgeous apple baked in butter and sugar. Yum!

In the bottle - Green apples, but like those sour apple hard sweets

Wet on me - Darker, but still that fresh green apple and a touch of something musky

Dry on me - A surprisingly dry green apples

Overall - Nice, but not as gooey as I expected

Goes on as bright red pulpy apple. Then the candy kicks in. But the apple stays dominant. Lasts about four hours before fading.

I like it, although I prefer last year's Pomona as an apple scent. Still, apple scents are perfect for autumn!!!

This is perfect for someone who is always on the fence about foody scents - or who doesn't typically like foody scents. Basically, when you put it on - it's just an absolute blast of tart green apple. In the wet stage, it's practically single note apple to me. I keep waiting for the bakery type feel that I usually get with foody scents - and it never comes which is good for me with the apple note (I don't like to smell like a candle or potpourri). As it dries, it's just apple with loads of sugar - the only foodiness comes in the form of just a warmth and deepening of the scent for me.

This may actually be an apple scent that I can wear ;)

Yummy, sweet and tart green apples with loads of sugar, a touch of buttery spice with vanilla. Unfortunately the apple smell kinda goes wonky on my skin and ends up smelling quite plastic-y and fake. :cry2:

I ordered two bottles of this directly from the Trading Post and they both smelled different from each other, and that difference has gotten even more pronounced as they've aged. When I first got them, they both smelled more like tart green apples and almost like vanilla-y popcorn, though one was sweeter and smelled more like candy (like apple jolly ranchers versus crisp, real apple). Now my one bottle has aged into spicy apples and the other smells like sickly sweet strawberry gummis. I'm tired of the huge variations between bpal scents, so thought I should mention this, and also that my bottles don't seem to have aged well :(

Edited by Little Bird

I love apple notes and fear the sugary ones but Candy Apple is all delicious and tart green apple that fades in a delicate blend of fruit and sugar. It`s light and soft and I can`t get tired of it :wub2: recommended to all the persons who fear a too sweet sugar note. I love it! Agape fans will rejoice too.

For the first 20 minutes it was apple apple apple. After about 30 minutes or so, it's candy candy candy.

Apple is not my favorite fruit note, and I prefer smooth-sweet over tart-sweet. So although this one isn't a winner for me personally, I totally get why other people like it. I like it too, it just doesn't suit me.

In the bottle: Apples and candy corn, oh my!

Wet: The apples must be Granny Smiths, because they are tart. Also, the bourbon vanilla is playing around.

The dry-down: In the end, this is exactly what it's titled, candy corn coated candy apples, with the faint touch of cinnamon, to keep the scent from being too cloying sweet. Yummy. :)

Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple

In the imp: crisp green apple, but sweeter than the Sugar Slathered Apple scent.

Wet on skin: whoa, the apple sharpens dramatically, but thankfully doesn’t turn bad just yet.

Dry on skin: thanks to numerous free sweets (freets?) from US BPALers I now know what candy corn is, and I certainly smell it here, the soft and chewy types. But the scent that dominates above all is of course the apple. It smells a little too dry for my tastes with a bitter apple peel scent rather than a juice/flesh scent but the toffee scent in the background is pure perfection. It smells like real English toffee, like the type of toffee that breaks teeth if you’re not careful, a tiny bit buttery but it doesn’t have that cloying caramel/treacle scent that most toffee notes have, this smells like the real deal. I can’t really smell the cinnamon but I bet it’s bourbon vanilla that adds that wonderful warm richness to the sweetness.

After a while: the apple makes a comeback and it’s not a good thing. It seems to vary-I’ve tried this twice, and on the first wear, the drydown was toffee dominated, but the second time, it was full of really sharp dry apple. That spoils it a little because it was the toffee, vanilla and candy corn that appealed more than the sharp green apple.

Verdict: so far my apple scent that can do no wrong is Fearful Pleasure, and as I like apples as food I was hoping to find another apple scent that could work. I thought this would be it, but I’m not sure if this is the case. I still think the apple is too tart and sour and ‘dry apple’ for my likings. It’s a shame because the toffee here smells just like English toffee-a little bit Werthers but not as blatant, this is more like Thorntons toffee or something more home made. A hint of candy corn from across the pond and vanilla from even more exotic shores made it almost delectable, but then the apple turned bad on me. I will keep the decant of this for the sweets covering the apple rather the apple itself. I’ll stick to Fearful Pleasure for my autumnal apple fix.

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? The decant.

If you like this, try: Hesperides, Treatsy, Pumpkin 1 (with mulled apple cider), Punkie Night, Samhain, Lamb’s Wool, Fearful Pleasure, Sugar Slathered Candy Apple (if you can find it)

How does Beth do it? This is spot on a candy apple from the fair to me.

The tart macintosh apple, covered in that hard red candy coating.

This one doesn't morph on me at all, stays exactly as it is in the bottle. LOVE IT!

I've tried many of the BPAL and BPTP apple scents before and none have worked on me (sadly, because I love apples, especially tart green ones). But this perfume--something about it works for me. Maybe it's the "candy corn" part? But I really like it; it's sweet slightly tart candy apple. (And I had tried Sugar Slathered Candy Apple previously and it didn't work.) So if you haven't been able to handle some of the other apple perfumes, try this one ... it might work!

OMG, I love this. Apple and the red candy coating of a candied apple, loads of sugar, and a bit of caramel. It's a sweet, candy scent--exactly the kind I like.

In the imp - Apple

Wet - Jucier apple

Dry - Apple apple apple... I never learn, I HATE apple... it's official. I was hoping the many other notes would make this work for me, but I didn' tven get the slightest wiff of them! :( I am sad and reeking of apple...

This isn't a scent I would have picked out on my own for fear of it being much too sweet, but I was very, very pleasantly surprised by the frimp I received of this in a recent sale. This smells exactly like a candied apple, with perfectly tart granny smith tones against sweet, gooey caramel. I was very tempted to take a bite out of my arm, LOL.

Bottle: Crisp apple, slightly sweet.

Wet: Slightly tart apple, with something hollow resonating underneath.

Drydown: As it warms, that hollow thing morphs into caramel sticky sweetness.

Dry: This smells exactly like the bag of Brach's candy corn that I regretfully consume every Halloween.

Overall: A foodie lover's dream. Not for me.

In the vial, this smells like a super-tart, crisp Granny Smith apple. There's the realistic apple scent up front, and a teensy bit of sweeter, Jolly Rancher candy type apple scent.

On my skin, it starts out as pure green apple, very tart, slightly bitter. I was half hoping it would stay this way, it smells like a really good green apple single note. Then I get the candy shell, and it smells just like a red-glazed candied apple - yummy! However, pretty soon the cinnamon makes an appearance, and as much as I generally love cinnamon, this isn't the good kind. :( It veers off dangerously into cheap autumn-themed scented candle territory, like a really bad spiced apple candle. I'm also getting somewhat of an odd, pink sugarless bubblegum type scent mixed in. It makes me a little sick to my stomach, it's just too cloying and artificial.

I really wanted to love this because I love apple, but the bad-candle/Extra brand gum association is just too much for me.

Tart, crisp apple with a sprinkling of sugar. It morphs into vanilla sugared candy with hardly any apple to speak of. Yum! I wish there'd been more apple to it but it still smells delicious. I was death-matching this against Creepy and though I thought they may have been similar at the start with the crisp apple, they end up VERY different once warmed up. Sweet, I can keep them both :D

Wet on skin: Sour green apple candy. This might be too sweet for me! I never get any cinnamon, which tends to amp like crazy on me.

Drydown: Oh, wow. This smells like real candy sprinkles. :wub2: It needs to sit on the skin for a while, but it's well worth it.