Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
binkyboots

Leather

Maybe I got a weird one, but my imp of Wanda is much plummier than floral. As a matter of fact, it's a bit reminiscent of Bordello, just not as cloying on me. The leather tempers it and keeps it a bit lighter and much more wearable.

Perversion is a wonderful leather blend - it makes me want to start drooling. Over myself. :P Sad, sad, sad.

Hmmmm...based on this thread, I might need to try whip myself.

I agree about Perversion--its lovely--but on me it fades SO fast...

And tintagel is great, if you don't mind the berry notes...the dragon's blood makes it sweet.

But my favorite leather scent is Lovitar, which I think of as leathery and sweet. and it lasts forever!

I'll chime in for Wanda and Perversion too. Loviatar was one of a few scents which utterly did not work on me at all, so at first I thought I couldn't do leather, but Wanda proved me wrong. Tintagel doesn't smell very leathery to me at all. Perversion definitely has detectable leather, and it kicks ass in general, though I agree it fades pretty fast.

Maybe I got a weird one, but my imp of Wanda is much plummier than floral.  As a matter of fact, it's a bit reminiscent of Bordello, just not as cloying on me.  The leather tempers it and keeps it a bit lighter and much more wearable.

Perversion is a wonderful leather blend - it makes me want to start drooling.  Over myself.  :P  Sad, sad, sad.

Bordello with leather?!?! Ugh..must..restrain..self..from..ordering...!!!

I have about another month and a half until my Peversion comes in..I can hardly wait. :D

I show Dragon hide is supposed to have leather notes, but I don't see anyone mentioning it here. Anyone in a position to compare? I'm trying to go through imps before I decide what I want in a big bottle. I love De Sade.

Dead Man's Hand, hands down (no pun intended) if you can beg, barter, or borrow to get some. It smells like walking into a leather goods store.

Wanda did smell like wine & leather to me. DeSade, on the other hand, smelled like bandaids. Yeah, I did the :P face too.

I don't know what to do! help!

I want my first BPAL order to be six imps, probably all of them from the Illyria collection because I'm such a fool for anything literary. I'm curious about Iago because I like the character so much, and the notes in the lab description sound as if they match what I think Iago should be like.

I love Casanova, which has leather, and it's great. But Dragon's Hide smells strong and not very nice, and on me it goes sour, like cheap bad soap. It is leather gone bad.

Has anyone tried all three blends, or at least dragon's Hide and Iago? are they at all alike?

Severn is MADE by the leather and lemon. Without the leather the lemon is just Pledge phffft. Combining them was an act of genius.

severin.gif

Edited by olympia301

This thread was recently linked to in another thread, and here am I bumping it, so that it can be updated with new stuff! :P please! :D

Quincey Morris. Whoa nelly... In the bottle, this is L.E.A.T.H.E.R! I haven't tried it on yet (I just got my order, and I'm out of sniffable test spots), but OMGLEATHER.

I LOVE the saddle leather in Quincey Morris. All the other BPAL I've tried with leather (save Whip) has smelled horrible on me.

Must find more with this leather note... :P

The one BPAL that I've really gotten a leather out of that I've liked is Dee...sweet, warm comforting leather with books and spices. Scents like Whip and Loviatar are a harsher leather that my skin kind of disappears and doesn't work on me. It ate the leather in Herr Drosselmyer as well, though that smelled more like the one in Dee. (On my boyfriend, on the other hand, Herr D. smelled *exactly* like a nice worn leather armchair. It was really funny!)

I didn't get very much leather out of Dragon's Hide...it added depth to the blend, but dragon's blood is such a strong note that it tends to kind of whomp other notes unless your skin likes them.

I've not tried all the leathers, but my favorites have been Quincey Morris (the most wearable, a ladies leather if that makes any sense), Count Dracula (spicy!), and Bow & Crown of Conquest (oh yummy!). De Sade is nice, but it's definitely very raw, almost sharp smelling.

I'm curious about Iago because I like the character so much, and the notes in the lab description sound as if they match what I think Iago should be like.

I received a frimp of Iago and after I tried it, the memory washed over me of an old shoe repair shop in my home town. My dad would take me along when he dropped off his shoes when I was a kid. Strong scent of old leather shoes...very manly, not unpleasant, but not something I wanted to smell like.

What scents have the same leather note as in Black Tower?

I've tried Sevrin, which was just starting to maybe hint at a bit of leather when it disappears off my skin, otherewise I get citrus. Basically, if I love the leather in Black Tower, I'd love...?

I like Black Tower a lot, but I love Two Monsters. However it's a Salon so not available in imp form (unless you can get a decant from the swap/sale forum). The best way I can describe it is an incense musky leather that's a bit men's cologne as well due to the ambergris. It's damn gorgeous. I have no idea if it's the same leather note as in Black Tower though, but they're both among the few blends where my skin doesn't end up eating the leather (along with Dragon's Hide, De Sade and to a certain extent Loviator).

I've not tried all the leathers, but my favorites have been Quincey Morris (the most wearable, a ladies leather if that makes any sense), Count Dracula (spicy!), and Bow & Crown of Conquest (oh yummy!). De Sade is nice, but it's definitely very raw, almost sharp smelling.

Oh yes...Bow and Crown of Conquest is soooo awesome.