Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
binkyboots

Leather

So this is subjective and also kind of silly, but I'm curious.  Forumites, what do you consider to be the most unsexy leather blends?

I don't necessarily mean the coziest (though that can qualify).  They can be unsettling or weird or cozy or nice or any other descriptor you can think of, just NOT sexy.

most unsexy leather blends to me are probably

Dwarf from the RPG series - really smells like leather and soot

Coffee & Old Books - mostly because for some reason that leather/old book note goes wonky/sour on my skin

Iago is extremely harsh to my nose, like polished, military shoes or something. I guess that COULD be sexy to some folks, but it's too rigid and chemical for my taste. Might be a chemistry thing though. (Shrug)

I find both The Black Rider and The White Rider to be un-sexy. This may be a silly way to frame it, but they both smell exactly as described, and I find both of them soothing. The Black Rider is smooth black leather sweetened by oppoponax, amber, and tobacco. White Rider is dry sandalwood and pale leather; the leather is particularly strong.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, wordortwo said:

White Rider is dry sandalwood and pale leather; the leather is particularly strong.

I ordered an imp of White Rider because of its simplicity and was hoping that this would be the case.  I feared that Black Rider would end up being "syrupy."

Everyone's unsexy suggestions have been noted.  I personally find Ranger to be unsexy leather (falls into the "cozy" category imo).

I just picked up a bottle of You're a Daisy if You Have (2019 Lilith) in my quest for the perfect desert scent. Very strong, dry leather in this one, which I enjoy, but may not be for everyone.