Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
binkyboots

Leather

Western Diamondback is completely delicious, but I don't get any leather from it (oddly enough, I tend to get a nice, spicy sunblock, but that's another discussion entirely).

For the leatheriest leather to ever leather in a leatherly way, track down some Traveler. You won't regret it -- it's like dusty, worn leather and so leatherily leather.

Red Rider was some good leather, White Rider was too much chemical and not enough of a leather smell to my nose (I suspect it would settle in a bit over time, though).

Wow, lots of good suggestions! Thanks everyone!

I think I will have to test the various Riders and see what else I can get my hands on. Anything with rose in it tends to be awful on me, which is why I haven't tried Whip.

Does anybody know of a leather resembling that which was in Loviatar? I love it so and only have one lonely imp of Loviatar left and have been looking for a similar type of scent.

Does anybody know of a leather resembling that which was in Loviatar? I love it so and only have one lonely imp of Loviatar left and have been looking for a similar type of scent.

You might want to try The Red Rider and The Bow & Crown of Conquest if you haven't already. The leather & edge of musky sharpness kinda reminds me of Bow & Crown, but that's dominated more by vanilla and perfumey white musk for me, where the The Red Rider has that overall red feel that reminds me of Loviatar's red musk & leather. The Red Rider is super-strong leather too.

I have completely fallen in love with the lab's leather note. I ADORE Perversion; as soon as I put it on, it rocketed up to probably my favorite BPAL blend and definitely my favorite GC blend. As I already posted, Rivet.Goth was pure black leather jacket to me. I need to find something to sub in for it though as I only have one lonely imp. It sounds like The Black Rider might do it. I have plenty of other blends to test, thanks to this thread, so I'm sure I'll find one that does it for me :)

I get zero leather from Nanny Ashtoreth, I was so disappointed. I just tried Bow & Crown of Conquest today and I loved it. My next imp order from the lab is going to be heavy on the leather blends! I'm really looking forward to Coyote because furry/musky scents are also a love of mine. Long live the leathers!

I have recently tried Tezcapotlica and The Red Rider on my hubby - while I loved Tez... the Red Rider was just.. OMG LEATHERRRRRRRR.. and it wasn't too pleasant.. (maybe I put too much on him, but some blends like Casanova or Magus just got totally lost on him)

.. will it smooth out with age?

I want to love it, but it smells way too harsh for me.

And VILF did an awful number on me by smelling like chemical floor cleaner, from the imp and on me.. :cry2:

.. and I don't think I will have time to age it to see if it settles down any.

I want to love leather... but I think I'm cut out for the "well blended not standing out" oils rather than the "!!!L.E.A.T.H.E.R.R.R.R.R.!!!!!11!) ones.

I have recently tried Tezcapotlica and The Red Rider on my hubby - while I loved Tez... the Red Rider was just.. OMG LEATHERRRRRRRR.. and it wasn't too pleasant.. (maybe I put too much on him, but some blends like Casanova or Magus just got totally lost on him)

.. will it smooth out with age?

I've had a bottle of Red Rider since it came out and I think that it's just an intense leather blend (which is why I love it <3). I haven't really noticed it chilling out with age, lol. Red Rider is one that I have to apply with a very light hand as well, because it gets overpowering really quickly.

The Bow & Crown of Conquest is more like Tezcatlipoca, in that it has other notes at the front and a backdrop of leather. Dee is a nice, soft leather that's a bit more complex too.

<snip> ... the Red Rider was just.. OMG LEATHERRRRRRRR.. and it wasn't too pleasant..

I want to love it, but it smells way too harsh for me. <snip>

I want to love leather... but I think I'm cut out for the "well blended not standing out" oils rather than the "!!!L.E.A.T.H.E.R.R.R.R.R.!!!!!11!) ones.

See, I actually adore blends with leather at the forefront (er, poor discon'd De Sade, single note leather, anyone? :P). That said, Red Rider was still too strong for my taste. I love being able to have sniffed it and tried it, and wouldn't mind keeping an imp of it purely for random sniffs, but definitely not a blend I'd personally wear (or have an SO wear either).

I agree w/ Little Bird, please give Bow & Crown of Conquest a try. I think it's a gorgeous blend that hints at leather. Slightly more difficult to find would be Clockwork Couture Female, which I feel is a "pretty" leather blend and might smell amazing on your husband. There's also Crowley-- but I'd suggest that one if it's aged. I don't mind it fresh, but aged? Crowley is so smooth and warm and well-blended.

I do think Liz & CC Female have a similar, soft leather note - but I also thought Tombeur had that note. So I was surprised when I saw the note list (well, not completely surprised because I think there's a bit of vetiver in most of Beth's leather bouquets - and only the ones with the very lightest touch are the ones I can wear). I think I remember you liking it at will call, but don't remember if you got any leather or vetiver from it.

You know, now that you mention it, I definitely think I got some vetiver out of Tombeur---which was probably why I loved it! :lol: I'll have to retry it when I get a minute. VILF as well, I think.

Hello all,

I am seeking the most intense leather scent offered by Black Phoenix. Maybe a hint of sassy girl chatter but mainly leather. Strong, thick, freshly tanned, black leather with maybe a bronze buckle.

Has anyone found this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

If you can find it, The Traveller (a Bards of Ireland LE back in March, if I recall correctly) is such intense leather that I had to get rid of my partial bottle of it because the microdroplets on the outside of the bottle triggered a headache. Also, go check out Red Rider, Black Rider, and White Rider in the Marchen section of the reviews. Those all center on different leathers.

I agree on trying out The Traveller if you can find it, and maybe De Sade for an intense black leather, but those can both be a bit hard to get now. I think that The Red Rider is bpal's most intense leather that is currently available. Liz is a gorgeous black leather and sexy, dry vanilla-floral mix.

newer leather scents that are amazing include

Captain Cully

Ranger v5 (prototype)

Ranger

Paladin

Fighter

Fetish.Goth is a wonderful leather blend that should work for those who don't typically like leather scents. It lacks the chemical smell I got from Spanked revisited, it's very smooth and light.

I am absolutely obsessed with Hunter right now. Soft suede leather, furry musk, soft breezes of sage... I think I might layer this with Coyote. And then pass out from hyperventilation because I'll be so busy huffing myself. :rofl:

I'm really interested in trying some of the new leather scents (especially in the RPG scents) could someone review the leather notes? Are the notes like the leather in Diamondback, or De Sade (which has been my favorite leather scent), or Oslibos etc? Thanks!

all scents mentioned thus far are...

(Added notes on availablity)

Quincey morris le

Count Dracula le

Desade dc

Dragons hide gc

Dead mans hand le

Wanda gc

Whip gc

Perversion gc

Jolly roger gc

iago gc

Loviatar dc

Severin dc

Tintagel gc

Casanova gc

Dee gc

Herr drosselmyer le

Bow & crown conquest gc

Black tower gc

Two monsters gc

Western diamondback cd

C auguste dupin retail exclusive

A bachelors dog le

Les infortunes de la vertu gc

Doc Constantine cd

Coyote gc

Hellfire gc

Manhattan gc

Calico jack gc

Mary read gc

Crowley gc

Spanked tp

Torture king le

Tezcatlipoca gc

The high priest not to be described dc

Havana gc

Nanny ashtoreth gc

Shrunken heads cd

Tombstone gc

Krampus le

Hand of glory cd

Brom bones le

Liz gc

White rider gc

Red rider gc

Black rider gc

Robotic scarab gc

Galvanic goggles gc

Mutant hot rodders from hell high retail exclusive

The traveler le

Olisbos le

Rivetgoth le

Hunter gc

Clockwork couture male/female web exclusive

Tombeur gc

Vilf gc

Ivanushka le

The blockhead cd

Sacrifice le

Ngg023 prototype le

Magus gc

Sara pezzini gc

Ranger gc

Paladin gc

Fighter gc

Captain cully gc

Fetishgoth le

phew I figured I did the work for myself... I might as well share and maybe save someone else some time

Edited by archergrl

all scents mentioned thus far are...

I see Ranger, Paladin, and Fighter; but no Rogue? That's one of my favorite leather scents ever. Soft and sophisticated and just a little devious. It was the RPG with the most prominent leather note on me. Ranger was mostly pine, Paladin was heavy on the cedar and reminded my of an uptight Tombstone, and Fighter is heavy on the metal scent and the leather is the sharp bitter version I don't like.