Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

at first: holy chocolate, batman. seriously, i just put this on and it is sooo strong. i think i can smell a bit of the black cherry underneath. it's a pretty sexy smell so far.

2 hours later: ok, so all i can smell right now is...sweetness. like buttercream frosting. too sweet, even for me. i'll have to ask my girlfriend what she thinks. i may be swapping this one.

4.5 hours later: not as sweet or heavy anymore. i can pick up a cocoa powder kind of a smell. i may like this one after all. i'll just need to let it sit for a (long) while before going out with it.

overall: in the end, i like it. however, in the end, my girlfriend loves it. i probably won't by this in a full size, but i'll try to keep it on hand.

I bought a 5ml of this as part of my first order, as sweet scents work well on me, and the idea of chocolate perfume was too good to miss.

It did strike me as too sweet to start with, but after half an hour os so it had mellowed into a lovely rich and dark scent.

I have noticed that when I wear it to the office, my colleagues hit the chocolates a lot more than normal. Perhaps it's having a subliminal effect! Me, I tend to want chocolate less when I'm wearing it :P

First sniff: Vice literally made me moan aloud. Dark, lush cocoa. Utterly delicious.

Wearing: Same as in the bottle. Not too strong. The cherries still haven’t shown themselves – I just smell rich dense dark liquid chocolate, like swimming in Willy Wonka’s river.

okay, so i got this as a free sample. it's very sweet -- chocolate, after all, i didn't really smell the other components, but it's probably because i didn't have the chance.

honestly, i think i had an allergic reaction to this one. i put it on and it immediately became much heavier and sweeter than in the bottle, and i got nausiated and congested somewhat quickly. so it's definitely not a scent to me.

but! i gave it away to a friend of mine and she adores it =D

An older man in my office just walked by and said "something smells good" and that "Something" is me today because I'm wearing VICE.

AS my namesake implies, I love sweet things and this oil is very sweet. When I first put it on I notice the cocoa and orange blossom. After an hour or so it dries down to a honey vanilla. It is very strong right out of the bottle, though.

Ladies, men like women who smell like baked goods. I think this one is a keeper.

At first sniff:

Can I just say: orgasmic? My goodness. This'll do my diet wonders. Every time I'll have a choccie craving, all I have to do is sniff this bottle. O. My. God. I cannot wait to see how this is on my skin.

Ok... this one is a guy magnet! On me this smells of chocolate cocoa, after this drys for an hour or so it turns more vanilla/ chocolate which is really nice but almost borders on being a lil too strong on me... but so glad i didnt wash it off cause an hour after this changes on me to a deep milk chocolate (even more chocolate then Bliss ODD!). I cant get enough of this, and the Man wouldnt get off of me! :P

Got this in a swap today, and I love it!

In the bottle, it is chocoriffic! Even more chocolatey than Bliss, I'd have to say.

Wet, it's like chocolate covered cherries. I couldn't stop sniffing myself!

On drydown it became more of a vanilla/white chocolate cherry scent on me. Very nice!

wow, another example of the wildly varying reactions people have to these scents: out of the vial, this to me had the unmistakable, overpowering scent of -- dog. Now, I love the way my doggie smells and I think she smells very sweet, but sure enough this is the exact smell of a (very sweet) wet puppy. Maybe it's some kind of musky or animalic note in here? When I put it on, the dog smell mostly goes away, and I got more of a chocolate-and-chlorine scent, like chocolate syrup in a swimming pool. Then that goes away, and the chocolate settles into itself -- to me, this is definitely chocolate baked goods, like brownies or a pie or a cake. It retains a slightly musty smell, like eating brownies at the kitchen table of a not-exactly-clean house, again must be something animalic. Has anyone else really had a problem with scents "curdling" against one another when you sample them? I think if I had sniffed this on the same day as a vanilla, coffee, caramel, or otherwise gourmand-ish fragrances I would have been fine. But next to Baobhan Sith, Carnal, and Envy, it just seemed to sour or curdle somehow. I will try it again and edit this when it's more isolated.

In the vial, I smell nuts, something like peanuts and hazelnuts with a liberal helping of maraschino cherries. On, I smell the same. It's very nutty, but without even a hint of chocolate, I'm sorry to report. The cherries become stronger, somewhat more syrupy. It's very edible, but not in the least anything I want to smell like. It wafts up a bit more than the other oils I've tried and it lasted quite well, both of which would be pluses if I liked it better. As time wears on the nuttiness fades, leaving just the maraschino cherries with vanilla hinting at the edges. Chocolate is MIA. I wil try it again in a few days to see whether Mother Nature is altering my chemistry substantially.

I am currently using it as a room scent, and it's lovely. Warm cherry, with just a hint of chocolate. Think chocolate covered cherries--mainly cherries, but with a hint of chocolate. I don't know whether I'll keep it for that reason alone, but it is nice. Foody and comforting.

Wow!!! This is a very sweet oil. Very strong and VERY sweet!!! I love it. I may just have to buy a big bottle of this. :P

This is another Great scent that starts of very chocolaty! :D This one does not scream sensuality like Velvet, it is more of a playful aroma. After a min the orange blossom seeps through. Though Im not considering getting this one right now, I did use all of the Imp and I like it. :P

First impression on the skin (I never smell scents out of the bottle): Chocolate!!! The dark, bittersweet kind. A few moments later, I could smell the cherries come through, I didn't get much orange blossom.

After two hours: Less chocolate, a bit woodsy and smoky, plus a distinct fruit scent (orange? No cherries at least).

Four hours: Chocolate again, and smoke. Hmmm.

This made my boyfriend come up to me and say 'Ahhhh, what's that? It makes me eat you alive, it's so delicious. You are so sexy today! You are beautiful!' etc. etc.

Okay. It seems to work. After I finish the imp, seems like I REALLY have to get a bottle of this-What more could you want from a scent??? :-)

I'm so surprised by this one. I came in the door scowling and grouchy (just got back from running errandsm, the AC in my car is acting up, it's gonna have to go back to the freakin' shop), opened up my swap and put this on right away -- and smiled involuntarily, to my great surprise and delight. Wet, the very strong scent of chocolate covered cherries, which reminds me of Christmas and my mother!Happy happy scrumdiddlyumptious.

The closer to my wrist I put my nose, the more I smell chocolate - the further away, the more I'm starting to smell cherry cola.

Will write more on the dry down. I'm undecided whether I would wear this often but I'm sure glad I smelled it today. It seems to be turning into Droste cocoa powder, which to me is very pleasing - just maybe not for summer - but maybe perfect for cooler weather. I'm definitely seeing the color of cocoa and thinking about velvet, cream, richness ... to me, this is very sensual.

Wet and during the dry down this was a very, very nice chocolate and orange blend. It was fast making its way onto my list of favorites. Unfortunately once it dried the cherry came out and gave it a top note I just didn't like. Then it faded completely. I can only smell it now if I put my nose on my wrist and breathe very deeply. It is essentially gone and I applied it about 1/2 an hour ago.

I was willing to give it a second chance to see how I really felt about the cherry but I simply can't apply perfume every half an hour. Vice goes on my swap list. :P

Edited by la-roja

Very, very chocolate-y at first on my skin, then the cherries hit back with a vengeance. After an hour or two, the chocolate is back, but more in it's dry, cocoapowder form. As a room scent, the smell is lush, buttery chocolate all the way.

Vice smells like chocolate with hazelnuts in the vial. Surprising and mouth-watering. It actually gave me an instant craving for chocolate!

On, the cherry and orange blossom start coming through, but the smell is still overwhelmingly chocolatey. The hazelnut is gone.

Upon drydown, the scent gets a little more powdery and I can smell the cherry more.

I am amazed at how realistic the chocolate note is - exactly like the real thing! I am not quite sure I want to smell like that, though. I think I would have liked a little more fruit to counterbalance the sweetness of the chocolate. I will try it as a room scent tonight.

I also got Bliss with my order, I am looking forward to seeing how it compares to Vice.

Edited by Ishtar

Very chocolate-y in the bottle and initially after application. A little after applying, I get a sense of something behind the chocolate--is it cherry or orange blossom or even both? A half hour or an hour in, the orange blossom really starts to assert itself, pushing itself next to the chocolate. Two hours later, the orange blossom has shoved past the chocolate (by stomping on it) and is at the very front. The chocolate is very faint now, with even the hints of cherry surpassing it, but orange blossom is the most notable scent by far. I wasn't sure if I liked it in the first half hour (do I want to smell like this dessert my college servery serves, which is basically a steaming pile of chocolate cake mashed up, so it looks, literally, like a pile of steaming crap?), but I definitely know I don't like it now. Sort of florally without being honest about it--I guess I don't like orange blossom.

Help, I'm in love with Vice. I've worn it exactly once and I need a 5ml bottle of this. Years ago I bought gorgeous, gorgeous clothes from Kambriel, and the packages always arrived containing an incense that smelled so good, I wanted to bathe with the sticks. I wished and wished there were an oil of it.

It's Vice. It's Vice! I'm beside myself with pleasure. It goes on all whoa, ow, chocolate! and fades rather quickly down to a soft, faintly cocoa-y, sweet, lickable goodness, where it remains for a good six hours. I got high sniffing my wrist all day. I'm sure it's the nostalgia that's making this for me, and the name surely helps -- if this scent had been called Black Forest Cupcakes I would never have tried it. But man.

I just emailed Kambriel to tell her of the uncanny scent similarity. If I hear back from her I'll edit this post to tell of her reply. :P

As advertised, Vice is very chocolaty. The first time I wore it, it was mainly chocolate, with a touch of cherries – which was nice, but a little too sweet for me. I decided to try it a second time, and while it was still chocolatey, the orange blossom and cherries were much more apparent. I think I’ll have to try it once more to see if Vice is going to be too sweet for me.

The scent-image from Vice:

It's like walking into the candy shop in Little Italy, with your allowance in your sweaty hand, and resting your arms on the wood and glass counter over the sweets. You're inhaling the combined chocolates, marzipans and cherry tarts. The selection is paralyzing, the treats are all so beautiful under glass, and you can feel the impatience of the shopkeeper, who wants to return to his cardgame in the back room (a little haze of cigar smoke up the stairs...)

1st Sniff: Chocolate and nuts. Delicious. Edible.

Drizzled it down my cleavage and put some on my wrists. As it dies down, it stops smelling so 'nutty', and ends up like deep sexy organic cocoa powder with a bit of a bite. In fact, I know EXACTLY what it smells like- the dairy-free chocolate cookies I make at home, onl with cherries instead of ginger.

Delicious. Truly scrumptious.

2 hours later- it's faded quite a bit, is now a smooth, yet biting dark rich scent/ I wore it for my last exam, and it just made me feel confident and calm. Fades quickly with my body chemistry, though.

This is going on my 'big bottle' list.

I found it smelling of bitter hazelnut. When I put some on my skin it mellowed down a little into a softer nutty-old ladies scent. I could detect no chocolate....so I am (pardon the pun) bitterly disappointed. :P

I'll try it on another day though to see if the chocolate smell develops, I probably didn't keep it on for long enough for it to develop.