Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

Something in it turned to a vomit smell on me. Not good. Thank goodness my sweetie adores it.

In the bottle: Ooh, rich chocolate with orange, like one of those "whack and unwrap" balls. No cherry, though.

Wet: Huh. I was sure the chocolate would stand out on me, but wet all I smell is orange. And not cloying orange; more like a bitter orange. I like.

Drydown: ...except about an hour later is settles on "orange candy" and stays there. Way too cloying for me. Hmph.

Going on, this smells exactly like chocolate covered cherries. It's a little too much for me - I was hoping for more chocolate and less cherry, because I'm not a huge fan of cherry. It dries down into something with a little more depth, but the cherry is still overpowering. Not for me.

Bottle

The chocolate note is strong, but quickly pushed aside by a bold cherry scent. The acidic citric note feathers up at the end of the first inhale, adding bite to the mix.

Wet

An acrid, biting orange scent overwhelms my nostrils and if I breath very deeply I can catch the slightest hint of cocoa butter. Though fiercely bold, I am intrigued by the citric scent because it is not the common frou frou experience. After a few moments, the orange domination begins to receede allowing a better blending of all the notes; the cherry pushes forward with a forbidden sort of sweetness.

Dry

Where'd it go!!!! After 26 minutes, I just have a soft floral scented black cherry whisper. It is gorgeous, but I am concerned with how fast my skin ate it up. If it did this after an hour or two, this would be such a keeper. Pout, I really loved this scent. Perhaps that is why it is called vice, I have already reapplied because I need a better fix.

In the Bottle: Dark Chocolate, sugar, and buttercream with a touch of alcohol.

Dry: Mostly buttercream with touches of sugar and honey and the slightest hint of chocolate. I wanted more chocolate, so I was disappointed. This scent faded very fast on me.

ADDED Feb. 11:

Hazelnut syrup. The chocolate was initially very strong, but left quickly, there is just the smallest tinge remaining. This smells kind of like nut brittle, but not peanut or almond. There's a sharp nut and a lot of sweet sugar syrupy smell. It's nice.... but I would mix this with Bliss if I wanted to wear it out. Though it's refreshing in a way because this is a sweet scent that is markedly different from all the O's, Hellcats, etc. It's unique.

When I first apply, Vice on me is thickly, smotheringly sweet chocolate and fruit, primarily orange. In fact, it strongly reminds me of those orange-cordial chocolates that come in Whitman's Samplers.

As it dries, the overpowering quality of it fades, and it becomes a long-lasting (all day, all night) sweet, dark, chocolate-orangey delight.

I had to order a 5ML. :P

I just received this one off a swap yesterday.

That is definitely orange! No denying it. In the vial and on wet, it's a very spicey orange. Smells like something you might would find in an exotic dessert.

On drydown, the chocolate comes out and it gets sweeter. But it's still mostly orange.

I like Vice. It reminds me a lot of a body spray I got from Bath and Body works a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's big bottle worthy, I'll have to try it out some more. But I'm definitely at least finishing the imp.

Vice would make a great candle and room scent. If only I knew how to make candles, I think I would buy a big bottle just for that purpose. One of these days I'm going to get a kit.

In The Bottle: Strong chocolate.

Wet: No chocolate when it's on my skin. It smells warm and vanilla-y with a little bit of the spicy orange blossom scent. It's very neutral on me.

Dry: The cocoa scent is back a little, but now it's like dry cocoa powder plus a bit of the vanilla scent. 6 hours later, it is still there, but faint.

I never got any of the orange scent that people talked about, or black cherry. It wasn't what I expected, but I like it. I probably wouldn't wear it very often, but I will wear it when I need something warm and neutral smelling.

Wet I can smell a strong start with orange blossom and chocolate with a light touch of black cherry.

As it dries down the cherry (not quite cherry to my nose, but something fruity and ripe) goes stronger and the orange blossom+ chocolate duo goes lighter.

I see why some of you think it's sexy, but it's not as bold as I have imagined on my skin. :P

normally, if i'd read the description, i'd have steered clear of vice. i do not like to smell like chocolate. at all. but someone sent it to me as a freebie in a swap. and OMG i love it. but it doesnt smell like chocolate to me. it starts off as an herbal vanilla, then settles down into a warm creamy smell with cherry in the far background. i love this :P

In Bottle: Weird herbal/floral scent with a powdery note underneath. Not liking this one. It's too odd for me, and I definitely don't see myself buying a big bottle of this. For some reason, it reminds me of public rest rooms.

On Skin: Still the sickly sweet flowery/herbal scent with powdery notes. Don't like it at all. After a couple of hours, though, it turns sweeter and loses the herbal type notes. Although it smells better, I still don't like it.

Overall: Not my style. It isn't something that I would ever wear.

This was a frimp I got with a 5ml of Flower Moon off of eBay. I popped it open, sniffed, and had to cover up a sneeze. What it smelled like was Nyquil cherry syrup. Not something I would ever want to smell like. I did a search on the BPAL website to see what notes are in the oil. Yep, there's the cherry. I gave it another sniff, and this time I could pick out the chocolate, but it's barely there compared to the cherry. There's a slight tang that might be the orange. I'm not sure how old the frimp is, so that could be making the difference on why I don't smell the chocolate that much.

Not a horrible scent, but just not me, and I adore the chocolate scents. This is going in the swap pile.

This is dark chocolate and cherry perfectly balanced. It reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry that isn't too sweet. I only have an imp and am seriously considering a 5 ml. I find it very wearable and warm. I keep sniffing my arm! Yumm!

Dark chocolate covered cherries... not the cheap ones you find at the grocery store... but, rich, decadent candies from from a little boutique.

This scent is delicious!

Wasn't entirely sure I'd like this. Orange blossom is one of the few florals that's usually pretty good on me, and cherry's not bad - my skin doesn't amp it the way some people's does. But chocolate I wasn't sure about - I like eating chbocolate, but that doesn't mean I necessarily want to smell like it. In general I'm wary of foody scents - while most fruity and spicy notes seem to work well on me, chocolate and vanilla are kind of iffy, and most things that are meant to smell like cookies, cake or candy are right out.

Still, I tried it, and while at first I wasn't sure I liked it, as it dried down it got nicer. The cherry settled down a bit, and the chocolate began to blend with my skin in a way that gave it some depth and richness. It smelled almost like there was some kind of musk in it, though as far as I know there isn't. And the orange blossom kept it from being overly foody.

The overall impression I got from it was kind of sexy, in an eat-me-up sort of way. The sort of thing you'd dab down your cleavage if you wanted to draw people's attention there and inspire them to get a little closer. :P I don't think I necessarily want to smell like sexy chocolate on a daily basis, but I could see it being a good special-occasion scent.

Grade: B

This was a lab frimp and it smelled soooo good in the box with its little lid on. I'm less crazy about it on me. The chocolate is lovely and the orange blossom is light, just there so the whole thing doesn't get too sweet. But I find the cherry a little chemical smelling. I'll pass it along to a foodie scent lover.

Darn :D This one goes from intense sweet lovely chocolate to bathoom cherry air freshener in like 4 minutes. I loved the chocolatee and slight orange scent and then the cherry :P ruined it all! :D

In the imp this is chocolate with.. something. Oh yes. Cherry. Those cherry cordials. I think that's what they're called. Chocolate covered cherries. Whatever.

But, once I put this on.. Um. Floral. ;_; Flowers dipped in cherry chocolate. Which.. sounds interesting, but isn't really. Now it's less cherry chocolate and more floral, which is kinda ewwy. If the flowers had stayed in the background, there wouldn't be a problem, but I am not a hugely floral person.

Oh ew. I think I smell like some sort of potpourri. Ick.

Swap box? Meet Vice.

Dark chocolate covered cherries!I scented a batch of soap with this and i bathe in luscious chocolate!

I think this scent changes very little after application,it just mellows a bit.

Try not to eat yourself.

in vial: Orange blossom, dusted with cocoa (not so much chocolate to my nose at this point).

just applied: It's like one of those elaborate, experimental chocolate desserts with flowers as an ingredient that you might find at a fancy restaurant.

drying down: Ooh, there's the cherry. Delish.

dry: The notes blend very harmoniously. It's sweet and foody, but the bit of sharp floral gives it a kick I really enjoy. I want to lick myself. :P

verdict: The imp is a keeper for sure, but I'm afraid to buy a bottle, as I think it might propel me into frenzies of binge eating. :D

This is the scent that proved the point of "NO matter what it smells like in the bottle, TRY IT ON" beyond a shadow of a doubt.

When I first got this, it was in a bundle I purchased off Ebay to test out scents. Opened the bottle and was "UGH!!! EWW NO NO NO". I couldn't tell you what it smelled of..it was just nasty to my nose. Something about the raw scents didn't mesh with my nose very well at all.

But...I was in a hurry and had no other imp to try on so I figured I"d put a drop on my arm and let it set for the drive from my house to work..Could wash it off there if it was too bad.

oh. My. GOD!!! Was I wrong. It turned into something rich and almost edible..I ended up slathering it on and walking around sniffing myself ALL day long. This stuff was incredible. I could smell the deep chocolate notes, with the hint of cherry, and the orange just made it spark.

In the bottle, this smelled almost minty. WTH, nose?

Wet, this was pure chocolate. Chocolate and I don't mix well (but I had to try the scent anyway!)

Dry, though, this was a lovely orange blossom/vanilla scent, with chocolate and cherry staying mostly out of it and only adding a hint of scent. Unfortunately, this only lasts about two hours, at which point it morphs into pure milk chocolate on me.

Overall, it's not a 'me' scent. But thank you so much to Astburygrrl for letting me snag an imp at our Meet & Sniff!

In the Bottle:MmmMmmMmMmmm smells so good I could gobble it down.

Wet: Oh….my….god. This is like every woman’s dream scent. Oh my lord. I think I might need some private time with my wrist now.

Dry Down: …. No time to talk, private time with wrist still more important. Absolutely sinful this scent is exactly what it says. Vice.

So, my second order of imps...this time I was going for variety and I couldn't pass up a chocolate smelling one. Vice sounded perfect.

In the imp: Cocoa...brownies...brownies with cherries in them! Yum

Wet: Chocolate at first, a tiny whiff of orange and then...cherries. It's quite strong, but I try not to make a judgement, as the chocolate might come back.

Dry: Still waiting for the chocolate...I keep smelling sweet candies...a scent I can't quite place. I ask my sister to smell it, and she exclaims "Red Skittles!!!" I sniff again...and she is unfortunately dead on. I smell like the candy coating of a red skittle. It seems I have discovered that cherry, on my skin, completely takes over. There is very little trace of the chocolate now unfortunately.

Hours later: Still headache-inducing red skittle smell...alas, cherry notes are not for my skin.

After Gluttony going sticky-sweet on me, I'd been avoiding the chocolate scents. So when I opened this imp and it smelled like dark chocolate with a hint of cherry, I was worried.

On me, from wet through several hours of drydown, it smelled like cordial cherries. Now.. I hate cordial cherries. I hate how they taste, how they smell... but I love how Vice smells on me. Go figure.

I am going to have to get a big bottle of this one, I think. :P

Edited by crazyredhead17