Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

In Imp: Everything is smelling of almonds or cherrys today. Hmmm.

Wet: It has chocolate and cherries in it. And it smells like it.

Dry: Non-alchoholic version of love lies bleeding

Not a foodie person, so this didn't do it for me at all! Too chocolately and cherry-y for me. If you like chocolate scents, though, you should love this!

Marks out of 10: 3

Edited to add description (lol - just realised I was at the top of a new page!) Edited by DarkClarissa

On Me: Reminds me of those wierd cupcake dolls of my childhood. You know the ones, where their skirts were bendy plastic that you fold out to make her a princess, and fold in to turn her into a cupcake? Chocolate with some kind of cream, and a hint of cherry and orange. Tasty, but a little plasticy.

I agree! Actually it smells like a My Little Pony that I had that was cherry scented. I bought Vice because of all the good reviews, but on me it smelled like cheap plastic-y chocolate and cherry.

the sweetness of the chocolate is overpowering the orange blossom. this was actually my first imp, so being inexperienced as I was I just kept on slathering more and more on hoping to get more of that floral to balance the chocolate! I had to wash my arms to the elbow at least 10 times to get the smell out. (I was 16/17, the age of stupidity.)

too sweet for me!

In imp: yummy chocolate cherry

Wet on skin: sweet, earthy, floral cherry

Drydown: initially dark chocolate cherry with a slight powdery floral behind it. Rich chocolate made pretty with orange blossom.

I put this on about an hour before going to bed, and I loved it. I woke up with most of the scent faded away. About 4 hours after re-applying in the morning, it seems to have gone a bit soapy on me. Well, at least it's yummy-smelling soap, but I don't think I'll be getting a bottle of this unless I find it makes a great room scent.

In The Bottle

I'm a little scared to put this on.

On Application

The chocolate comes to the fore pretty quickly. The cherry is more almond at this stage.

Dry Down

I don't like what the orange blossom does to this oil. The chocolate peeps out every now and then. I don't really get much cherry.

Rating (0-5)

Sweeeeet! Very very sweet. In the imp it was cherries and chocolate, but, on...OMG, sugar and cherries. Cherry candy.

As it is drying, it is getting to be less intense. It's still so sweet that I can barely get anything past the sweetness.

Ok, I am so so sooo sorry about this, but I am going to have to be brutally honest regarding vice.

I was expecting sweet, deep, fruity florals, but what vice truly smells like is bathroom cleaner from hell. Who knew that chocolate, cherry, and orange blossom could turn out smelling so sickly sweet, foul, and putrid. upon smelling this I was overcome with a wave of nausea, and believe me, it didn't get any better on my skin. For those of you that enjoy this scent, I applaud you, I just couldn't hang. This goes on my most unpleasant olfactory experiences list, in between pig sty, and dog droppings. :P

I am never buying a full bottle unsniffed ever again. :D

Edited by Coin

in the imp: dark chocolate and cherry brandy :D

wet on skin: thick cherry syrup and a hint of coconut suntan lotion :P

dry down: cherry bark cough syrup :D

in all: it's a sweet, slightly spicy formula that lends itself well to those whose skin like the cherry note. on me, it's not so great. :shrug:

This is a lighter scent. Foody, it made my tummy growl within minutes of being applied. Freshly applied, I smell the cherry and a hint of orange but no chocolate yet.

dry: This is very cherry. It's sweet without being as sweet as sugar or honey.

Four hours after application: It's pretty much non-existant at this time. All I ever got out of this was cherry. I wonder what it would smell like mixed with Velvet.

In the imp and on me, wet: oh, YUM. A sophisticated cherry cordial coated in high-quality chocolate. Absolutely delicious.

During drydown: it goes through a couple different stages -- in one, I can still smell the sweetness, but I also get a bit of floral (presumably the orange blossom), along with a hint of plastic.

On me, dry: vanilla with just a hint of berry. Oddly reminiscent of the scent of a little toy version I once had of Strawberry Shortcake's cat. It's pleasant, if faint -- but oh, to have the wet stage back again!

Overall: not sure what to do about this one. I'll certainly keep this imp around, maybe just to sniff rather than wear, though.

Big box of mixed chocolates, some cherry, some citrus, some buttercream. And they are sitting in a room where somebody smoked some cherry pipe tobacco recently. Weird "cleaning supplies" smell at the beginning too . . . odd.

DH says I smell like cherry chocolate brownies.

Sorry, just not what I want to smell like.

Vice is the first oil that has gone on and disapeared almost instantly.

I can just hear Vice telling me now "I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened?! Seriously I normally last a good long time, wow, I hope we can still be friends?"

In the imp it smells of chocolate covered cherries and I was all a flutter for it, but I just don't think Vice and I can work out after this...

initial application: blah, maraschino cherries in chocolate syrup. SUPER sweet.

after a few minutes: much the same, only less sweetness to the chocolate and a little bit of orange blossom.

I'm really struggling to give this a good chance, its so sweet and smells nothing like what I was hoping for. I'm not getting much chocolate at all now.

15 minutes in: I tried. can't. sigh.

I'm getting a hint of the chocolate in the imp, but it's mostly cherry cherry cherry. Sticky, heady, gorgeous cherry.

On my skin, the chocolate's done a runner, and it's a gorgeous rich cherry lightened and sweetened by the orange blossom. It stays pretty consistently like that, and with an application to skin and clothes, it lasts a good 12 hours. Throw is moderate, nothing aggressive.

Orange blossom and cherry are two of my top five notes, and I think the chocolate (which ranges from yum to faecal depending on the blend) put me off trying Vice for so long. A mistake, since my imp is unlikely to last until my bottle arrives, at this rate.

If you love the cherry in The Red Queen, and fancy varying your cherry choices towards something more playful, try Vice. Ditto that for loving Vice and wanting a smoother, richer cherry.

In the imp: Dark cherry, almost like cherry brandy with some dark chocolate.

Wet: Reminds me of one of those chocolate oranges you can buy and smash that was rubbed in cherry chapstick.

Dry: It mostly smells like cherry now, with a hint of orange.

Overall: Mmm, I like it. =)

The first fifteen minutes of this is dark chocolate and orange, and reminded me of Vixen. At first I was a little worried, since it seemed to be heading into Midnight Kiss territory, but I actually ended up liking it. It was more seductive than I usually go for, but it was interesting. Then, as soon as I got used to the chocolate, it disappeared, leaving behind a nice cherry and orange scent. If you like Vixen, Kali, or Maenad, I would definitely suggest this one.

3.5/5

luscious creamy chocolate with equal amounts cherry and orange blossom, but each balanced so neither knocks you over the head. Chocolate predominates, and while it usually goes dusty on me, here it's beautiful. Lovely, soft, sweet but not cloying.

Stays true from imp to drydown, and then it disappears. Within 30 minutes, it was gone! :P I'll try it again, and hope it lasts longer, because it is definitely a big bottle contender!

It smelled pretty strongly of chocolate at first and I could pick up faint bits of orange, though not cherry. I thought it faded down pretty quickly and was ready to swap it when my mother mentioned she liked it. Since my mother really only likes a very few of my BPAL scents so far I decided to keep it on hand. I didn't fall in love with it like I was expecting, so I won't be hoarding or looking for a bottle, but I'll probably keep the imp in my stash.

For some reason, this is is pure orange blossom on me. I can smell the chocolate a little in the scent locket, but that's it. The orange blossom is lovely, but I really wanted this for the chocolate cherry goodness. My skin chemistry is punished. :P

In bottle: exactly as you’d imagine from the description. Cherry strongest. Wet: Chocolate strengthens. Cherry underneath, but still strong. Slightly chalky. Dry; The blend really smooths out with the three elements doing a rich blend. Not my thing, but nice enough. The orange flowers have surprising staying power.

wet this reminds me of black forest cake, all chocolate and cherries.

this take a while to settle with all three notes vying for attention - but once it does, its a simple tierd blend orange blosson at top, chocolate underneath and cherry in middle.

i am fence sitting on this one - there are things i like about it, but i'm not sure i am keen on the cherry note to wear - which is definitely the red, juicy, but bordering on sour, fruit - not a cherry blossom

i think it would make a great scent for a candle or oil burner!!! just not one for me to wear

I ordered a sample of this.

I was really looking forward to trying vice since I love rich chocolatey smells. When I first opened it it smelled like one of those chocolates with some alcohol in it, and when I put it on I got a cherry smell with a hint of chocolate. It was a very nice scent, and I'll use it again, but it was not quite what I had been hoping for.

In the bottle: *tries to resist drinking* Dark chocolate-covered cherries. :P

Wet: A little sweeter than in the bottle, a little less dark chocolate. There's a touch of the orange blossoms, but not much.

Dry: Mmmmmmm the dark chocolate, cherry, and little bit of orange have blended together very nicely into something very very yummy.

Verdict: Loooovely scent. With the chocolate and the orange in the notes, I expected something like those chocolate oranges you hit and eat the pieces, but this is just a hundred times better. It's more chocolate liqueur than chocolate candy. Yum! <3

5/5

I was intrigued by the notes in this, but not at all sure I'd find a chocolate scent wearable as perfume.

Well, I'm pleased to discovered I do! Vice is definitely chocolate-ty, but it's not really very sweet to me. It's closer to a very dark, bitter chocolate, almost reminiscent of coffee. The cherry tempers it nicely with a dash of fruitiness.

This is quite dark to me and I love that. DELISH & sexy!