Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pomegranate, carnation, amber, cardamom, neroli, vetiver, black pepper, and opium tar.

Soooo much better than Pom 1. Pom 5 is brillant. It's juicy, spicy, smoky and is slightly floral. The amber manages to soften the vetivar and opium tar, and the neroli gives it brighness.

Juicy, lush and fruity/floral in a good way. The pom adds a nice tartness to the blend, but I don't get much except the pom and a bit of floral. There is also a dustiness, which I'm guessing is the opium tar. I like this, but probably not enough for a bottle. So far, it's the favourite of the poms, though I still have to test 2. This would be a great spring/summer blend.

In the bottle - A dark, smokey note that I guess is the opium tar backed by a sickly sweetness

Wet on me - A touch of bitter vetiver comes out on the back of the smoke

Dry on me - It just gets eaten up on my skin

Overall - Didn't really work with ny skin chemistry; started off dry and bitter then got swallowed up

I really thought Pomegranate II was going to be my favorite of the series, but putting on Pomegranate V just disproved that. Wow! Spicy florals, all dark and lush! Just had to get past that initial sour note in the bottle, but wow! :wub2:

PIRATES IN THE POMEGRANATE PATCH!

Sharp, dark, and interesting, with noticeable tar and pepper salting up the fruit. I like it.

In the imp: Pom and carnation, but there's something dark rising up.

Wet: Dark and smokey pom and carnation--I like it!

The dry-down: Not so dark and smokey as when wet, but still lovely and deep and dark. The neroli and opium and pepper are not letting the vetiver take over, and there's only a hint of the powder that amber sometimes turns into.

very fruity and juicy out of the bottle, it begins as mainly straight up, tart pomegranate juice. as it dries on my skin, it gets softer and more perfumey at the same time...there's a stage where it feels a bit too strong, but it settles down nicely and then i can detect the opium, which blends in nicely w/ the pom...i think i wish it was heavier on the opium, and lighter on the pomegranate, but i still like it - it's basically a rich, red, fruity scent - but the opium makes it a bit sultry and sophisticated...i guess the amber and carnation are contributing to the hazy perfuminess of the blend too, but everything's blended really well...this almost reminds me of mme moriarity in tone, though it's softer and smoother and not as aggressively sexy...still, i'd put it in the same camp, and that's a compliment.

Hmm..there are notes in this I really love, like pom, CARNATION, cardamom and pepper, and then my doom note vetiver...not sure how this will end up on me.

In the imp, this is so weird to my nose. Like two totally different blends mashed together-one is a sweet red fruity floral kind of scent and the other is dark opium/vetiver doom. They don't quite mesh well together for me.

Urgh, yeah, its like a mix of sickly sweet pom/red fruits and vetiver. Vetiver is just such a doom note on me :( I really feel like without the vetiver and opium tar I might have loved this! There's something almost cough-syrupy/robinussiny to me about this.

The drydown was a sweet powdery fruity/vetiver scent. This was such an odd blend on my skin. If you like vetiver and pom this is worth testing out, but vetiver haters beware-you definitely notice it in this blend!

Sniffed: This is light and floral, possibly from carnation and poppy/opium tar. There's no sign of pomegranate, although it may be hanging discreetly in the background.

On skin: The scent opens up a lot more now: I can smell pomegranate, pepper, amber, and blended floral notes. Pomegranate V has the most discreet pomegranate of the Grove: I can identify its juicy richness but it's blending very much with the others. The scent smoothens and mellows out over time, becoming a rich, deep "reddish-yellow" floral, haloed by juicy pomegranate. There are no signs of vetiver or spices. Colour impression is, indeed, a rich red-orange-yellow.

Verdict: My second favourite of the Grove. I like how the pomegranate blends with the other florals, but I suspect this will get overlooked in preference of my favourite, Pomegranate IV.

Sweet heavens, I was NOT expecting to love this one as much as I did. I usually go for sweet, heady white florals and excessive fruits or things like vetiver frighten me. Also, as I am testing this oil, it is 95 degrees and humid- a scent that is suited better to fall than the summer heat. Still, despite the weather and my usual preferences I am really floored by the beauty of this scent. It is the essence of fall in a bottle.

Despite the obvious pomegranate/dark fruit scent, it is not sweet nor overly ripe. This is a dark, sexy, spiced pomegranate. This is what Bath and Body Works Midnight Pomegranate tries to be. Some note- maybe the neroli- adds a breezy scent. This is like standing in an orchard in autumn at night, with dark fruits swaying in a midnight breeze. The air is smoky from a nearby fire, and you're plotting your next exciting halloween prank. I can't wait for fall to break this out for longer than an afternoon. Even in dead summer though, this shines and does not overwhelm.

I am trying this for the first time. My bottle has been aged. I smell cardamom first off. It's a bit overpowering to the rest of the blend. Then it smooths a bit and the fruit comes out. The pomegranate appears mixed with dirt, smoke, sharp pepper and a slight floral. It is still high on the cardamom content. I think that is where the "spoiled food" scent is coming from as the viewer above stated. I happen to like that smell though! :)

Edited by surf-tormented