Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Espresso, pumpkin syrup, smoky vanilla bean, milk, raw sugar, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

When I first tried my decant, I got such a strong COFFEE!! note that I thought this wouldn't work at all, because there was nothing else and the coffee almost gave me a headache, it was so strong. I'm glad I waited it out because my first instinct was to wash it off. But after the drydown the spicy cinnamon pumpkin latte is really there. It dries down to a creamy spicy pumpkin latte, just as the name says. I don't think I'll wear it enough to warrant a bottle, but this is a really nice fall scent for the coffee lovers. Don't be afraid of the initial coffee burst, because its not strong enough after the drydown to scare off those who want a creamier coffee blend.

The initial coffee scent is very strong. On my skin, however, it only takes a few minutes for the coffee to fade into the background. The duration is spent with a nose prickling blend of nutmeg and cinnamon.

Edited by strahlend

This smells so delicious! I wish the pumpkin latte I got from my local coffee shop tasted as good as this smells. It's creamy coffee with sweet and gently spiced pumpkin. This one has very good lasting power but isn't so strong that it overpowers everything else. Definitely a keeper!

In the bottle: Pumpkin with a kick of coffee..

Wet: Where did the coffee go? Got vanilla and spice and a wee bit of pumpkin

Drydown: Vanilla, a bit spice and a bit of cupcake ish smell ( was told I smelled like a freshly baked vanilla cupcake iced with spice frosting :eek: )

Dry: A hint of Coffee, tons of vanilla cake, with spicy after note.

4 hours latter: out of the blue there is a kick of coffee and cinnamon.. that last all night long.. not a a bad thing but tested it twice and did it both times. ;)

Whoa, very strong spices! Smells like Jawbreakers/Fireballs. I'm actually not really expecting the latte to show up after this, but thank goodness it does. It adds a little creaminess to the spices but they're still going strong, too strong for me sadly.

I don’t drink coffee, but I do like the rich smell of it, so I thought I’d give this scent a try. Wet, I get a bit of pumpkin at first, but it is quickly overtaken by the nutmeg and cinnamon. Very spicy. As it dries down, the coffee smell comes out and is rather bitter on my skin. D-: It sweetens a bit, but not a lot.

Going to test this one a second time a bit later and also have the man test it (to see if the bitter part is just my wonky skin chemistry.) May revisit review at that time.

EDIT: Second testing still presents the extreme bitterness. The man obliged me by testing a bit on his skin and the scent stayed true to a rich spicy coffee. Looks like coffee is a death note on me, so this bottle is off to the sales/swap pile.

Edited by reynardine

This smells exactly like the Starbucks drink on me. I don't get a lot of what I'd really call coffee. There's that deep espresso smell, but as in the drink it's very well blended. There's no sharpness or sourness to the milk (disclaimer: bpal milk notes generally work very well on me). Like in the drink, pumpkin itself isn't a major player, but part of a syrupy mix of pumpkin pie spice-ness that all sort of comes packaged together. On the whole I don't pick out lots of individual notes, and this is pretty different than Pumpkin V '09 (I tested them together), which has pumpkin AND coffee AND sugar, etc. Pumpkin Latte is just like the drink--well blended, without any note standing out hugely above the other.

In the Bottle: Rich coffee, warm spices, and just a hint of pumpkin.

Wet on Skin: Almost like gingerbread.

While Drying: The spices are taking center stage. (Spices = Nutmeg, something almost like molasses, and another note - maybe the smoky vanilla bean? I don't smell *any* cinnamon, and my skin usually lets me know when cinnamon is present, even if my nose can't detect it).

After a Little While: This has significant throw. I am picking up some espresso, and a minimal hint of pumpkin, but the spices are definitely the stars of the show. I think the creaminess is coming from the vanilla bean rather than any discernable milk note.

Later: Good throw, long lasting. Rich and warm, well balanced, and spicy but smooth. The pumpkin never overpowers the scent.

Much later: (~8hrs in) At this stage, all that is left is the skin-close scent, with the occasional breath of scent away from my skin. There is a bit of the gingerbread vibe, but the coffee note is now dominant. The espresso becomes more of an instant-coffee smell, or the smell of a fresh bag of flavored, but slightly over-roasted, whole-bean coffee.

Next morning: I could still smell a bit of PL when I woke up this morning - this one has some definite lasting power!

Final Thoughts: I'll probably need to pick up my own bottle of this one.

Pumpkin Latte earns a 4.5/5 on my skin.

At first sniff I like this, but as it starts to dry down it becomes too sweet and something about it isn't sitting right. It's probably the pumpkin (curse you arch nemesis!) and whatever gives it the creamy feel. It's making me feel slightly sick. :(

If you like pumpkin and foody scents though give this a shot. You'll probably have better luck than I did.

Apparently, I amp cinnamon/spices. I have noticed this before, but more so with Pumpkin Latte. This oil goes on super spicy, with a backdrop of non-buttery (!!) pumpkin sweetness and just a hint of coffee. As it dries, it just gets SPICIER. It doesn't burn my skin or anything, it's just like WELL HELLO THERE CINNAMON.

As it dries, the spices fade, leaving behind just the subtlest hint of sweet espresso. I really hoped this would be a coffee party on my skin, but sadly, my chemistry came between the espresso and I. I'm going to try this again and maybe hope that it changes after a bit of time, because I really wanted this one to work for me. But I'm bummed. I just wanted some espresso in my latte!

In decant: A pumpkin latte, 100%! A creaminess in the background, the sharp kick of espresso, pumpkin and sweet sugar.

Wet: Coffee and pumpkin and oh my god BPAL has done it again. The way in which Beth manages to capture concepts never ceases to amaze me. So realistic I feel like I could drink it, and so well-blended that, on the skin, it's hard to pick out individual notes. The coffee has died back some, for the better - I'm getting more of everything else now, sweet pumpkin and spices and milk. Mmmmm.

Dry: Autumn, you are here in the form of sweet coffee and pumpkin on my wrist! I intend to wear this everywhere. I like it even better than Blue Pumpkin Floss or Ghoulish as far as the foodie scents go this year. I am going to be smelling like the inside of a Starbucks come Monday morning. 5/5

So, I've finally confessed to myself recently that I love coffee in perfume. Just not MiskU, which was my first experience with such a few years ago, and not to my liking.

Anyways, this is more like pumpkin spice coffee on me at first, no milk to be found. The nutmeg seems to come out the most besides the coffee. For a fairly 'foody' scent, this has long staying power, and about 7 hours later, it has dried down to a milky caramel scent. I slept through most of this, so I will have to try it again, when I'm awake the whole time, but this seems like a winner! It has amazing throw and is very very coffee without being too sweet, until dry down, which hopefully was just a skin chemistry bad day or something.

In decant: PUMPKIN SPICE AND COFFEE IT'S SWEET OH MY!

Wet on wrist: oooooohhhhhhh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. A nutty, sweet spiced scent mingled with coffee, but not sharp coffee, no no, this is a warm hold-a-mug-between-both-hands-while-curled-on-the-couch coffee, it's warm and comforting, and the nuts and spice scents mingle so perfectly. I am in awe.

On the drydown: Stays true to the above

Also, a tiny little bit lasted ALL DAY on me. I dabbed a smidge on my wrist in the morning, went and went shopping and driving around all day, and after dinner and a brisk walk, I sniffed my wrist at the end of the day and it was still there. And it's such a comforting scent that this could really work for me all through the fall and all through the winter, it's not like PUMPKIN PUMPKIN PUMPKIN, but rather warm comforting coffee and spices and small hint of pumpkin, which is perfect. I had my husband sniff my wrist without me telling him what the scent was, and his guess was "Pie?" (he's a self-proclaimed failure at note recognition and he said what made him think pie was the spices....it's definitely not coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee -- much lighter on the coffee than Misk.U.)

I don't normally do multiple bottles anymore (aside from Dorian) because a lot of time aging tend to change the way they smell on me so I gave myself and my wallet a stern talking-to about hoarding unnecessarily, but this may be an exception. I think I will order 2.

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

It smells exactly as it is described and it stays true to that form while dry. Also, it makes me HUNGRY! I'm seriously holding back from licking my arm because I know it's not going to taste good, but it smells soooooo good. I'm def. going to pick up a bottle or two of this.

This is VERY coffee. Unlike last year's Pumpkin V, which was heavily pumpkin, this is primarily coffee to my nose and the pumpkin takes a bit of a backseat. Unfortunately, the same thing happens with this one that happened with Pumpkin V when it hit my skin -- the pumpkin starts to go overly buttery, and something in the coffee starts going bitter, leaving an unpleasant contrast between heavy pumpkin and burnt coffee. A definite fail with my skin chemistry, and continued disappointment for me with all of BPAL's coffee scents. :(

I WANT TO NOM MY ARM OFF.

In the bottle its totally spice espresso, just slightly sweet.

On my skin it is pumpkincinnamonspicecoffeeyumyumyumyum.

I'm sad for those that don't get the pumpkin in theirs because it is a very enjoyable scent experience. This is everything I hoped it would be :wub2:

Pumpkin Latte is a pretty even mix of black, warm, roasted coffee note and pumpkin spice (mainly sweet sugar and spicy cinnamon) on my skin at first. I actually wish that the coffee note were stronger, but my skin tends to amp up spice notes. I can't smell anything like vanilla or milk, but the drydown is mostly sugar and cinnamon with a hint of dark coffee. It's warm, pleasant, and spicy.

This is a really strong scent with lots of throw. It might be too strong and spicy for me (started to give me a headache after a while), but I'll keep my decant and might use it as a room fragrance. It's definitely a must-have if you like spice or coffee blends.

So, I was being pretty brave trying this scent (as an imp only) as I do not tolerate spicy scents. Headache city. Boy, I am SO glad I tried this beautiful scent!! When first applied, the pumpkin spice note is pretty prominant, but I had to give it a chance and thankfully, this spicy note on me calms down pretty quickly, and along with yummy expresso, I actually begin to seriously amp the sweeter notes in this blend; sugar, milk and vanilla. The spice in this blend for the most part goes away on me, and I'm left with a sweet, warm vanilla pumpkin latte that I can actually wear. I love taking risks with scents for this reason! LOVE this blend. Now I just gotta find somebody who doesn't like their bottle of this.....hehehehe. ;)

Wet: Cinnamon and coffee. It reminds me of El Dia de los Reyes without the chocolate.

Dry: A latte with a lot of cinnamon. Still reminding me of El Dia de los Reyes but (without the chocolate) and creamier. Very yummy!

Freshly roasted coffee with a touch of sugar, a splash of pumpkin topped with baking spices. It's not very sweet, and the pumpkin sits rather quietly in the background. This is freaking yummy. It sort of resembles Pumpkin Patch V '09, but is quite different in it's own right. I am no longer mourning the fact that there is no Pumpkin Patch this year. Blue Pumpkin Floss and Pumpkin Latte are amazing, and perfect replacements. Thank you Beth! :wub2:

Yummmm. This is actually all spices at first, bready nutmeg and spiky cinnamon, before the pumpkiny syrup comes through. The coffee, when it appears, is stronger than I expected--definitely the heavy burned-ness of espresso. The milk lends a creaminess to it, because I suspect it could easily morph into coffee grounds.

Over time, this becomes slightly stale coffee (which is not a bad scent to my nose) and cinnamon sugar. It's kind of like...if the McDonald's iced vanilla latte (again, I have positive associations with this) was triple-injected with Starbucks' pumpkin spice syrup. In the end, this does end up being coffee grounds and cinnamon, but it's a pleasant and cozy sort of scent.

Wet: coffee beans with a bit of cinnamon

Dry: The cinnamon kinda just punched me in the face. By kinda I mean this

(Surena is walking down the street humming a happy tune.

Enter pumpkin latte exploding from a near by bush with a bellowing battle cry

S-"What the...."

Before she finishes her exclamation the PL hurls its meaty fist into the face of the unsuspecting Surena.

cue stars and birds

End Scene)

Dry: Surena wakes up to find a pumpkin spice cookie on her chest. The yummiest cookie of her life. Its warm and comforting and very sweet. Totally makes up for the black eye :lovestruck:

On a serious note the dry down is definatly worth the wait. So worth it that i caught my boyfriend putting it on the other day. (This NEVER HAPPENS) when i asked him what he was doing he said that he is smelling like pumpkin cookies! Must. Hoard. Bottles.

Coffee, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin, though the last two take prominence for a bit before lettign the rest out. Not out and out getting the vanilla, though that might be taking the edge off the COFFEE. Second skin test, fo sho.

In the imp, Pumpkin Latte is heavier on the pumpkin syrup and vanilla than it is on the coffee. But once on my wrist the espresso amps up like whoa, and I can't smell anything else for a while.

Ew, ew, ew, a buttery pumpkin comes out as it dries and oh my God, that gross milk note, topped with cinnamon. Ugh. I like Pumpkin V, but Pumpkin Latte is a hot mess on my skin. Too many notes that go wrong on me.