Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN LATTE
Espresso, pumpkin syrup, smoky vanilla bean, milk, raw sugar, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Fresh from the mailbox.

In the bottle: Mmm! Pumpkin with a hint of spices and a whisper of vanilla coffee. It's not super sweet.

Wet on skin: Pumpkin again, of course! ^^ But I'm getting more of the cinnamon and nutmeg coming up.

Dry: Pumpkin has settled down with the spices and vanilla nicely. The espresso is giving this a deep, rich almost nutty note. The cream and sugar add a milky sweetness.

Later: PL stays pretty much the same for the rest of the day. Maybe with just a little bit more of the spices coming up again, but they aren't too hot or biting.

Overall: This is an OMG!scent. Makes up for any regrets I had not getting PPV last year. I resniffed my decant and honestly, Pumpkin Latte puts that one in dust by PL's awesomeness. I am seriously considering another bottle of this, which I rarely do. If you're afraid of the pumpkin or coffee notes, I'd say don't be. This is a well rounded creamy spice scent with just enough sweetness to keep the spices from misbehaving. I've had it on my skin for a short time and already am completely smitten.

In bottle: COFFEE. That's all I get from it- an almost headache inducing, knock you over COFFEE smell.

Wet: I amp the espresso hardcore so I get nothing else.

Dry: Ah there's the pumpkin, along with the vanilla, milk and spices. They only slightly mellow the coffee, which went from being amped to x10 on me to about a x7.

Overall: It's nice, but I'm ambivalent right now because I amp the espresso so bad, it comes and goes in really strong waves. I may have to set this one aside for a bit to let it age.

EDIT: After not touching this for three months, I went back to this last night with a bit of trepidation. The verdict? It smells completely different and in a great way. Its still strong coffee in the bottle, but now when I put it on it morphs immediately to this sugared vanilla cream. About an hour after dry down this sweet coffee note comes out and blends with the sweet notes making this a great pick me up blend.

I'm glad I hung onto it.

Edited by killerklown

Wet, I get very strong espresso and a bit of buttery pumpkin. As this dries, the buttery note fades a bit, and the spices come to the fore, but the espresso stays incredibly strong--like a spiced coffee, but without some of the complexity that I'd hoped the smoky vanilla and milk would add. It seems my skin really likes espresso!

Lots of throw on this one, and the buttery note is not as strong as in some other pumpkin blends. I think that fans of coffee scents are going to love this one, though it's not for me.

This is Pumpkin Latte with a triple-shot of espresso! I get a blast of strong espresso in the beginning, as it dries it gets softer, creamier and I start getting more Pumpkin and some vanilla, but the espresso is still very pronounced (I also amp coffee). It reminds me of a slightly creamier Pumpkin V 2009.

This is a real winner for me. One of my other favorites is Miskatonic University - so, yeah, I don't mind smelling like a Starbucks. :D

Wet it's coffee, coffee, coffee with a buttery, semi-sweet note. Dry it's a pumpkin latte; the pumpkin and spices come to the fore to balance, but not overwhelm, the coffee. The vanilla - which I don't always like - is subtle and not oversweet. Overall this has great staying power, too, which is another plus.

This is just about the ideal fall scent, as far as I'm concerned. I may have to get another bottle of this one. Yum.

In the bottle: cinnamon sugar dusted... doughnuts.

Wet on skin/drydown: Still doughnut-like, with espresso and just a slight bit of buttery pumpkin poking through.

An hour later: Wow, espresso! Like, the freshly fine ground dry espresso. Rich, full and sugary. The pumpkin is trying to assert itself, but espresso is still daddy right now. :whip: It hasn't gone dusty on me like other coffee scents will do sometimes.

A few hours later: This has sweetened up a bit but the dryness of the espresso and cinnamon have kept the scent from getting candy-like. The pumpkin has come forward, and vanilla has stepped up a bit too. Very cafe-in-autumn. The throw is medium.

Verdict: This was a chance I took, buying this bottle unsniffed. I haven't ever been a fan of pumpkin scents- they seem too canned and craft store. Pumpkin Latte is not that at all- the espresso is dry, and the pumpkin earthy, and the rest of the notes are well blended to make this a very warm scent. It's maybe a tad bit on the foodie side, but one it goes through the doughnut stage, it calms down. I like this way more than I thought I would!

I love this! Its way better 2009 Pumpkin V by far because that one is all coffee all the time. Pumpkin Latte was awesome, in the bottle it first smelled kind of cakey with sugary espresso and a little pumpkin, on my skin more coffee but it fades a little to a perfect fall scent. I love the vanilla and sugar notes in this. My daughter told me I smell like pumpkin pie but i dont smell the pumpkin too much. I almost wish the espresso was a wee bit weaker but overall this is an awesome scent and I cant stop sniffing myself!

This one is heavy on the coffee. I get the pumpkin a few minutes after application. Smells nummy nummy and reminds me of one of my favorite Weenies from last year, Pumpkin V '09. :yum:

For the first few Halloweens I celebrated with the Lab, I wished for a pumpkin coffee type of scent. Last year's Pumpkin V was very good, but this year's Pumpkin Latte is so much better! :yum:

This starts off with an odd, metallic spice note (which I got in last year's Pumpkin V too, but has aged away.) This fades quickly and I get spiced coffee with a light pumpkin note. The dry stage is vanilla with cinnamon and sugar. I love this, its the scent of Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts or any local coffeeshop in autumn. :luv2:

To compare it to last year's Pumpkin V, PV seems to have more pumpkin and less coffee/espresso notes. Pumpkin Latte is a bit sweeter. Both are really good though! The throw is moderate and it doesn't last overly long, only a few hours.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

This is fantastic. I don't get a heavy pumpkin note at all, but rather a nice creamy espresso/coffee with a generous dusting of spices. This is what I wanted Miskatonic U to smell like, what I'd hoped for from last year's Pumpkin Patch blend. Medium throw (I can smell it on myself, but no one's said it's too strong), and so far a great wearlength (3 hours and counting). I can't wait to see how this one ages!

just got it today!! from foumite who didnt want it!!

Good thing, cause I love the warm,nutty espresso coffee flavor.

Excellent throw, and it seems to have great staying power.Also, not TOO sweet that I would feel like a yankee candle shop!

spicy yet smooth!A keeper and a wearer>Long for more. Still, I think a little will go a long way, and this will be great on cooler days!

not as sweet as I was hoping, but defnitely sweeter than the pumpkin V last year. This goes on super strong coffee bean, very dark -- it lightens as it dries and the vanilla (bean, not the sweet kind) and creaminess come out a little more. The milk doesnt sour on me, the spices arent overwhelming. I get a bit of pumpkin, but this is all about the espresso.

This is more like smelling a bag of coffee than drinking from the cup, if that helps =)

(currently attempting to wear it layered with dana o shee to get closer to my creamy coffee dreams!)

Bottle: Sweet coffee shop, this is coffee! This is the first BPAL coffee that actually smells like real coffee to me, and not a fake syrupy scent that others think smells like coffee. I love the smell in the bottle! :wub2:

Wet: The coffee is still there, but thickly laced with spiced, sweet pumpkin. Not as sickly sweet as Jack - it is delicious without being overwhelming.

Dry: This dries down to almost straight spices. Gone is the coffee and the pumpkin, but I get the cinnamon and nutmeg blended with just a touch of sugar. It's nice, but I wish the coffee and pumpkin stayed around longer.

I will have to try this in a scent locket to see if the coffee can last, cause it is a wonderful coffee scent!

This was one of my big hopes for the weenies this year. Pumpkin, coffee, milk and vanilla - VANILLA! With PUMPKIN! And COFFEE! What can go wrong, right?

Applied it is almost sneeze inducing. I think it's the coffee that is particularly dry, or it's the spices. Buuurrrrnnsss! Won't be using it on skin again. The pumpkin is pulpy to my nose. This is not good.

While it dries it goes through a crazy nutmeg phase. It's all I can smell. It's awfully medicinal, but as the oil disappears into my skin the crazy spice calms down. I get the milk and vanilla, finally, the coffee is way in the back and the pumpkin has turned almost nutty. This is improvement, but still not the pumpkin/coffee holy grail that I was hoping for. Maybe if I let it rest for a while..

We'll see, the scents I am first attracted to aren't always the ones I end up loving the most later on, so there is still a lot of potential with this. Am definitely glad I ordered a whole bottle because I don't want to chance this one aging to perfection and not having any.

In the bottle: This is coffee bean single note in the bottle - pre-chopped.

Wet on skin: The coffee is beginning to be blended, but it is still strong and in your face. I'm not a coffee lover by any stretch of the imagination, but I am hoping for a nicely blended latte which I think smell good.

Drydown: It's like I'm standing in a coffee shop smelling them blend my drink ... slowly. I've now smelled the milk and sugar added. Cinnamon is slowly making its way in. I still don't smell any pumpkin, or anything overly sweet.

Dry: Finally the coffee seems to be taking a supporting role. Nutmeg has been added to the mix finally, but again, no pumpkin.

Overall: For me, it takes too long for the coffee to calm down. I really am not a coffee lover and even 15-20 minutes of coffee in my face is enough to turn me off. I will let it rest and retest later, but I don't think I'll be hanging on to this for long.

Edited by claudia6913

Had such high hopes for this one! In the bottle it smells great even though it is almost all coffee and nothing else. I put it on and the coffee was blending with the spices pretty good....but a bit more cinnamon than I wanted......but where's the pumpkin? About 15 minutes later coffee is completely gone and I am left with nothing but some spices that make me smell like a candle trying to be some sort of spice cake. Sooooo disappointed in this one!

Edited by tg1123

This is what Pumpkin Latte does on me:

COFFEECOFFEECOFFEEcoffeecoffeeCINNAMON.

Yeah.

There's a bit of a nutmeg hint in the last cinnamon stage, a very dry spice smell. Like I'm stuck at the spice shaker shelf at sbux & I don't remember where I put my latte.

I love the idea so much that I'm going to hang onto it & see how it ages.

At first I get a HUGE blast of espresso! When the coffee tones down I get a very spicy, nutty scent that emerges. There is a long period of time where I smell like a very nutmeg-y coffee drink. It isn't until an hour of wear that I start to pick up on the sweet and subtle vanilla-tinged milk and sugar. I haven't truly smelled the pumpkin yet, but I think with age the sweetness of this will come out and maybe balance out the coffee. I like this, it isn't as sweet and sugary as I was hoping, but it is very fall appropriate and I have already worn it 3 times this week, so I think it is a keeper! Cute bottle art also!

Oh, wow! I just want to eat this up! It smells EXACTLY like the pumpkin latte from Starbucks! Sooooo tasty! Definitely a pumpkin pie scent blended with coffee.

Mmmmmmm!

In the bottle it smells just like a pumkin latte from starbucks.

One me smells about the same just not as sweet. It's like pumpkin V last year but a little different...more 'latte' than just pumpkin coffee. Its really spicy too. This will warrent a backup bottle too.

I'm getting Bah plus the dust note from Miskatonic U. Something about this year's pumpkin note = dust on me. I still like it but not quite as much as Bah.

Nom. Nom nom. Oh, I suppose I should stop huffing my wrists long enough to actually review this, hm? Well, first of all, TONS of throw here--wet, there's a huge coffee note, like Miskatonic U. on...well, on espresso! :P The pumpkin is in there but it's subtle; I get tons of spice and just a bit of pumpkin. This is funny to me because I order my pumpkin lattes at S'bux with 1/2 the regular amount of pumpkin spice syrup, so this scent actually does smell like the proportions of my drink! :lol: On drydown, and even hours later, rich spiciness remains, with a calmer but stable coffee note. This is the perfect scent for a chilly or rainy fall day, hanging out in a coffee shop or curled up at home.

I'm glad this is getting so much love from other BPAL'ers.

On me, this was overwhelmingly Espresso with a sour, scalded Milk and just a bare touch of Pumpkin.

I agree this reminds of Starbucks and I HATE Starbucks coffee. It tastes/smells burnt.

I went back and tried my Pumpkin Patch V and it is still rocking with my skin chemistry so I'm set with past years' Pumpkin blends.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Roast coffee, a TON of cinnamon and nutmeg and a smidge of pumpkin. I do have to say that the cinnamon and nutmeg are the most prominent piece, with an overlay of coffee. For me, I smell the hint of coffee first, then the spices and then at the very end the pumpkin.

On one hand, I like the fact that the buttery pumpkin is not present, and I do enjoy the whiff of strong black coffee. However, the amping of cinnamon and nutmeg makes it smell less like a coffee... and more like a giant spice cake of doom.

In the bottle: Pumpkin Spice Latte with and extra shot of espresso

Wet: Smells like freshly ground coffee beans

Drydown: Cinnamon and nutmeg join the coffee beans

Dry: Pumpkin, milk, and a hint of caramel balance and slightly sweeten the beverage.

Overall: The ending smell is perfectly blended and reminds me of my favorite fall drink. I can't wait to wear this!

ETA: When I wear this, I have been told that it smells like cinnamon, maple syrup, waffles, and pancakes. Yummy!

Edited by proserpine