Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A circular pastry glazed with pink sugar that symbolizes the sweetness of life and the certainty of death.

I'm in love! Golletes is the ultimate in foodie scents. It smells like fresh donuts with fluffy clouds of pink buttercream frosting, sprinkled with Crunch Berries. Of all the BPAL I've sniffed, this is the bottle I'd most want to drink (if it were edible.)

Throw: Whoa! [5/5]
Longevity: Godly [5/5]
Rating: I'm planning the wedding [5/5]
Edited by PumpkinGuts

Oh my goodness! I recently received a decant of this in a swap and can I just say I am so so so happy I have a 1/2 bottle of it coming to me at the moment. Sugary pink and foody are definitely words that should be used to describe this, but it also has a lovely lightness to it and none of the heavy almost nauseatingly foody pastry notes that I have smelled in other blends. It reminds me a lot of the smell of strawberry oatmeal but a little more sugary and a little fluffy kind of like airy angel food cake and spun pink sugar with a lovely dose of sweet strawberry cake. Sigh. A foody I can say I absolutely adore and will wear very happily. Yes, this scent is VERY happy! Great throw and it doesn't do much morphing on dry down, if any.

In the bottle: Strong berry scent

Wet: Delicious berry/jelly scent like a fresh cooked Jelly Donut.

The dry-down: The berry notes remain with a little soft pastry in the background. I get alot of compliments when I wear this one. Its my favorite BPAL so far! :wub2:

Final: 5/5

Wha-hoooooa, this stuff is SWEET. It's so sweet that an hour after applying it and sniffing it on and off, I still can't figure out exactly what it smells like to me other than SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SWEEEEEEET.

No, I take it back, I *do* know what this smells like. You know those little strawberry flavored hard candies that come in the red and green wrappers that make them look like little plastic strawberries? That is what this smells like. And it adheres to my nose the way those candies adhere to your teeth.

Super super sweet. It's a little overwhelming. But if you need more candy scents in your life, find this stuff!

When I first got this, it was an artificial, migrane-stabby strawberry scent that I just couldn't stand. Now, 18 months later, it's mellowed into something fabulous. It smells very baked-goods-with-strawberries-on-the-side. It reminds me a whole lot of Beaver'versary, but it's not quite as sweet and has an almost savoury hint to it. It smells more like doughnuts than cake, without the greasy fried note of Midway. It's lovely!

Received this as a frimp with an order a few weeks back. In the imp and on skin it was straight up strawberry sugar. Definitely a very PINK scent. It made me think of some sugary breakfast cereal - fruit loops, maybe?

Managed to hunt down a bottle not long after, and on the first sniff I could detect more pastry than just sugar. It still dries down to that same strawberry sugary sweetness on skin, though. I'm not a fan of strawberry scents at all, but I LOVE this and am so happy I managed to snag a full 5 ml!

At the time of this review my bottle was about years old, so not exactly fresh but not heavily aged either.

This is a very sweet and also edible scent, when I wear this I need something to snack on or I'll have cravings all day or night (depending on when I wear it).

I don't know what a glazed pastry smells like so I can't say if Golletes smells like it. I don't smell sugar specifically and I can't pick out any fruit, but I can say the fruit is somewhere in the berry family. It smells like it is someting fruity and sweety with dairy though without smelling the actual dairy. To me it smells like the Sultana cookies we have in the Netherlands in forest fruit flavour with a layer of forest fruit flavoured yoghurt on it. It also reminds me of the scent of yoghurt covered raisins. This scent is sweet and not tart at all, no tartness from fruit and you can't actually smell yoghurt either. My boyfriend thinks it smells like strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

This scent is one of my very favourite BPAL perfume oils. It makes me cheerful (and a bit hungry).

Like all BPAL scents I feel this is great for all genders, nothing is masculine or feminine, it is whatever and however it makes you feel. In the same way all BPAL scents are also innocent and sensual at the same time because it depends on the wearers personality, mood and vibe. And it is suitable for all ages (most BPAL scents are in my opinion, perhaps only the ones with alcoholic notes and tobacco/smoke notes are not).)

Edited by Freya778
Added some things.

Wet: Pastries, with EXTRA sugary sweetness.

Dry: The pastry note from earlier has mostly died off, and I'm left with something that smells like.. a super sugary buttercream, with a hint of something jammy.

Edited by donkehpoo