Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A circular pastry glazed with pink sugar that symbolizes the sweetness of life and the certainty of death.

In the Bottle: Strawberry cake

Wet on Skin: Whoa. Major throw. Warm strawberry baked goods.

While Drying: It is a cake note I recognize from other blends, but the strawberry lightenes it up a bit and makes it wearable. (The cake note is often too heavy on me).

After a Little While: I start to pick up a bit of the sugar note after this dries. The strawberry briefly takes on a candied quality before heading back in the cake direction. Throw is still significant.

Later: Throw- warm strawberry cake. Skin- pink sugar alternating with cake. Oddly, the throw is still going strong, but the scent seems to be fainter when I sniff close to the skin. Eventually, the sugar note seems to disappear completely. Close to the skin, I smell mainly strawberry, but the throw is still cake and strawberries (and the throw is still stronger than the skin scent). Next morning: I still smell strawberries when I sniff my arm. The scent is more strawberry cookies than strawberry cake at this point.

Final Thoughts: I'm usually all about the scents with good throw, but I think I'll need to use a light hand with this one. The throw is _powerful_ and it lasts forever. I'd been wearing it for at least 14 hours before my shower removed the last traces, and I dreamed about baking all night long.
Thinking back on this a day later, Golletes may be a bit too heavy for me, with its oppressive cake-y-ness. I'll have to retest with a very light application and see how that goes. I wish I got more of the pink sugar smell and less of the heavy cake.
Golletes earns a 3.5/5 on my skin.

ETA scent description Edited by Rocza

Exquisite and sinfully sweet, this is warm doughnuts with a fruit, syrupy centre, sprinkled generously with pink sugar. Both in the bottle and on my skin, it literally makes my mouth water.

This reminds me of a doughnut with a jelly filling and sugar on top, microwaved.

But it is taking me longer than usual to decide whether I like it or not. Sometimes it smells great, and sometimes it is a tad too much PASTRY!

I think overall though that it is a keeper.

In the decant: strong strawberry. On my skin: Buttery strawberry cake! The strawberry fades a little as it dries and it goes a bit buttered-popcorn-jellybean, but that too fades and I'm left smelling like a pastry. I'm not sure that this is bottle-worthy, but I'll keep my decant.... and may end up grabbing a bottle, depending on how often I reach for it. It would make a good addition to my foodie collection. :yum:

Edit 11/13: I did decide to go for a bottle of this, and I'm glad I did! It's like a sweet strawberry jelly donut with flakes of buttery pastry and powdered sugar. :yum:

I wow! This is nice! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm getting high-end pastries. It's foody in a classy way. There's a bit of sugar that comes out as it warms up. It's a strange sweet, almost sour, like sour candies. (I expected this sugar in blue pumpkin floss.) Too bad the pastry note is fading. After about 20-30 minutes the pastry note returns - yay!! The sour candy smell wavers, but it remains and tries to blend in to the pastry. Hmm. "Sour sugar" might be strawberries, but like none I've ever tried. Not bad, just not me.

The Good-This scent literally smells like a cherry tart! As a foodie I adore it. Warm, sweet...like walking into a bakery when they are just pulling the cakes out of the oven....awesome until....

The Bad-dry down. On dry down this literally disappears on me. There is a slight hint of the scent if I put my wrist up to my nose and sniff and sniff AND sniff. No throw. The warm, frosted goodness disappears.

The is SO BAD to me...I usually amplify BPAL and most carry an extreme throw on me and last 5 hours minimum. :huh?: So sad at the fact I would have to pour half the bottle on my self to get decent staying power....If this last on you I am SOOOO JEALOUS!

In bottle: Pastry and sugar, as advertised, though worryingly strong on the butter. I can see where people are getting the popcorn jellybean smell.

On wet: Well now, hello strawberry-cherry fruitiness! The sweet pastry is still there, but this has definitely gone PINK.

Drydown: Pink sugar still with some fruity tartness, crusting warm pastry. YUM. The butter note behaves itself, thankfully. This one does last well on me; hours later it had faded only a little.

Conclusion: A fun, lighthearted scent with decent throw and staying power. I'm glad I got a bottle! :yum:

This is a light fried-dough note with strawberry powdered sugar on top. To me, it smells like a cross between a lighter Zombie Apocalypse and Midway. And it does bring back memories of sweet pink cereals like Crunchberries and Frankenberry.

The throw is light, but this lasted quite a while on me. I had initially no interest in this scent as bakery scents are very hit or miss on me, and "pink sugar" made me think of that perfume, which I don't like. But after reading reviews, I decided to try it and its one of my favourite new Weenies this year. :eek:

I love Golletes! Know why? Because it stays true to Cherry Jelly Doughnut from start to finish the next day. This is one of the bakery BPAL's that doesn't go powdery/dusty on me after an hour. Golletes = Love. . and I will certainly be picking up an extra bottle or two before the update goes down.

Wet, a very realistic, like a homemade strawberry syrup. As it dries, a bit of a pastry note comes out. This reminds me of a high end pastry shop, or the goods you'd get at a fancy high tea. I can't get over how yummy and realistic this is, but though I love eating this type of thing, I just don't dig smelling like a delectable pastry. I do have to admit though, this is extremely well done, and if I were a foody, this would be right up there in top 10 area.

Golletes - This smells like a strawberry-glazed donut with lots of sprinkles on top. It's cakey and strawberry-sweet and sugary. It's absolutely delicious! There's also the teensiest bit of the same tasty sour-milk scent I get from Velvet Unicorn.

Wet: Crunch Berries!! 100%. I never thought this would translate to one of my favorite childhood junkfood cereals. I was testing this along with Halloween New Orleans and Huesos de Santo the other night. Husband said I smelled like potpourri mixed with candy, mixed with vomit then turned on the air filter...thanks fun-sponge. :lol:

Drydown: anyways.. this still smells exactly like crunch berries, just creamier, like I added whole milk. So weird that I'll keep it around.

Edited by SophieCedar

The Weenies are here!

This is the one I have had the highest hopes for (mostly b/c I already know I love Boo + Samhain), but maybe

this is a lesson on why its unwise to stalk the forum and see what others think. Esp because Capt Crunch Berries is all I

smell when this sweet perfume hits my skin. I haven't smelled Crunch berries for at least a decade, but oh, my mind remembers.

...maybe this is an aberrant chemistry moment, so will try again later....b/c I need pink sugar cake please ;)

bottle: cakey pasty. reminds me of a lighter version of cockaigne.

wet: yep. subtract the slight booziness of cockaigne and you've got golletes. delicious, sweet golden cake.

dry: this fades just a tuoch as it dries but it's yummy for a good long while. might have to get another bottle.

In the bottle - Sweet/sugary/bakery with just a hint of sharpness

Wet on me - A slightly toothpasty bakery scent

Dry on me - A warm, yummy, creamy scent with a thick crust of sparkling sugar crystals

Overall - For such a foody scent it's surprisingly light and refined. A perfect wear everyday any day scent

An unexpected winner! When I first sniffed my decant, I couldn't even bear to skin test it as it smelt so strange. I went back to it after a couple of weeks and, oh my goodness I love it! It smells just like the scent description- warm, comforting pastry sprinkled with pink sugar. Absolutely yummy, I will have to order a bottle before it disappears :)

This smells exactly the way I remember Berry Kix cereal smelling. Crazy! Definitely reminds me of my childhood. Veeeeery sweet scent. A bit too sweet for me.

Cute, pink, sweet, and strong.

If I didn't already have a couple of cute pink scents in my BPAL stash, I'd be all over this one. I see what people mean about the Crunch Berries. That is pretty much what it smells like.

I accidentally ordered 2 bottles instead of 1, but when i slapt on this baby i wasent sorry at all ^_^

From bottle: i get Agapé with heavy cream caramel?

Wet: smells very strong fruit/caramel/hint of agapé

Dry: really diffrent i really smell the creamyness milky even and a hint of fruit and sweetness in it, reminds me of Milk moon 2007/Agapé?

This really settles down and is a soft but sweet scent not to overpowered.

Edited by Icekitten

This is all the smell that comes up when you get into a pastry. The smell of cookies and pastries is amazing. Would eat my hand right now. A very evocative and comforting smell, I love it. :wub2:

This one has great throw. I received a testable sniffie and as soon as it hits my skin, it amps the sugary pastry and I smell like a jelly filled donut!

While I like the scent, I don't really feel the need for a bottle of it.

On me (and, to my nose, in the bottle) this smells exactly like Irish Soda Bread from Heaven & Earth Essentials (which smells not a dang bit like Irish soda bread). Sweet and sugar-fruity, like the pink glaze on doughnuts minus the doughnut, with a hint of orange cream.

I've become less fond of gourmand scents in my old age - good grief it has been forever since I posted here - but am using this happily as a room scent.

Edited by Digital_Hypoxia

OMG, I love Golletes. I don't wear it nearly as often as I should. I think I overlook it for the less-warm candy scents (hard candy as opposed to bakery goods), but I shouldn't! Golletes is pink and strawberryish and foody. It makes me think of strawberry sugar wafers. A pink sugar rush! :wub2:

Golletes does smell exactly like Captain Crunch on my skin! It is very foody and delicious, and makes me hungry. The pink sugar part smells vaguely like strawberries. If you like foody smells, you definitely have to try this one.

Ok I'm SO glad I'm not the only one that thought of Crunch Berries when I tried this! A super foody scent, right up my alley, and I slathered it on as soon as I received it... I'm melting with deliciousness right now!!!!