Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A circular pastry glazed with pink sugar that symbolizes the sweetness of life and the certainty of death.

Pink-frosted donuts! Not specifically strawberry-frosted, jut a pink-sugary feel to the frosting note. The fried dough note is reminiscent of the funnel cake in Midway; has that hint of fried crust to evoke the feel fo the actual thing but doesn't turn into nasty deep-fryer grease on me is balanced well by the sweet cake. I googled pictures of these things and while I've never tried them they look just as tempting as the scent, like giant donuts with hot pink icing. I wish DD carried them, at least as a seasonal item. :lol:

Not much that I can add here. Pink, sugared, butter cake-y goodness. With sprinkles. It has a little bit of a cherry/berry sourness at the beginning, but that wears away and it just ends up smelling fluffy and pink. I love it, but it doesn't last all that long on me (and I'm a slatherer). Thankfully this is one my 4 year old daughter can wear as well--she loves smelling like "rainbow cupcakes" (her words, lol) as much as I do!

*sob*

Golletes begins as light pink cake/frosting but very quickly turns to that plasticky note that some cake blends have on my skin. WOE. It was so pretty while it lasted!

Ugh, I am SO excited to try this blend. I am SUCH a foody and this sounds like heaven to me. Weenie foodies and I tend to do so well together.

Ok, sniffing this from the imp, whichever reviewer it was that said this smelled like captain cruch berries, that is exactly what I got from it O_o Well, that crunchberry smell over a buttery pastry smell instead of a dry cereal smell...I'll be interested to see how this goes on my skin...

Haha, yep, on my skin this is like a crunchberry pastry XD Like someone made super sugared up crunchberry frosting and slathered it over a flaky, buttery pastry. Very yummy! As this calms down it gets WAY less "crunchberry-esque" and becomes more of a pink, fruity icing kind of smell. Very very yummeh.

I really like this blend a lot. I am a bit on the fence about it ONLY because I do have a lot of pink/foody kind of blends, but this is an absolutely delicious blend and I may end up with a bottle.

In the decant: SUGAR RUSH

Wet on wrist: sugary cereal, specifically the Addams Family cereal I used to eat as a kid (appropriate for a Halloweenie, I s'pose!).

On the drydown: Yup, still sweet Addams Family cereal.

Ahh, I see other reviewers saying crunchberries. Yep, I get that crunchberry sensation too. :P

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

I am a total foodie, so I was excited to try this one especially. It did not dissapoint!! OMG the most delicious doughy/cakey confection with that familiar sweet strawberry (Floating Brain esq) syrup drizzled over it. I LOVE THIS SCENT! Perhaps my favorite of the weenies this year. I want like, 5 bottles of this. Its very strong on me as well. Out of all that I have tested-most of them fading in minutes- this one is amazingly strong. I keep catching whiffs of it every few moments. Yum =)

I am giving this a 5/5 ! very hard to obtain..I don't give those out often! :lol:

So, normally I have a hard time getting a clear "scent picture" of BPAL in my head. I can tell if something smells good or bad to me (duh) and am still learning to pick out notes lo these many years. But Golletes? Golletes I sniff and know *immediately* what I'm smelling. This a yellow, crumbly cake that reminds me of semolina cake or even the cake in tres leches- it's got a dense, buttery crumb. And it has strawberry frosting. Possibly also strawberry jam or strawberry syrup. I was never a big sugary cereal person as a kid, so I don't get the Crunchberry comparisons. For some reason my parents were fixated on Captain Crunch as being a bastion of pure sugary evil. Anyway.

I always want to like the really foody scents, but they often go just generically sweet on me and all end up smelling the same. Not so Golletes! It stays pretty true to the initial scent the whole time, although the buttery, cakey note softens a bit. It has the best throw I've had from a BPAL oil in a long time and great wear length- I was still smelling it without trying to 4+ hours on from my light application. I'm really pleasantly surprised by this one. Bottle(s) for sure.

Edited by bicyclette

Strawberry frosted donuts. Actually, it smells more like those vanilla cookies that have the strawberry frosting in the middle. Sugary, strawberry and baked goods.

Very sweet on me. Potentially a good choice for a young girl.

This is sweet bready pastry with berry frosting, as advertised. I was afraid I'd get a medicinal cherry note, but there is none of that here; the berry note is like a candy strawberry (as opposed to a real strawberry).

I really like it, and it reminds me of bath and body products I've had in the past. Whether or not it's every day wearable, I'm not sure. If I could find a 1/4 bottle or something of this, I'd take it.

One of the better foody scents BPAL has, as this one doesn't have that burnt caramel note that goes so terrible on so many of us.

This smells exactly like a jelly donut filled with raspberry/strawberry jam and covered in a sweet glaze and a dusting of powdered sugar. Exactly. It makes me feel like I just opened up a big box of jelly donuts. It sounds like it should be cloying, but it's not on me.

Golletes is what I wanted Zombie Apocalypse to be. I get the same sort of fruity note here that I get from ZA, but ZA was too fruity for me (like pure jam), and this smells like jelly donuts instead of just jelly. It's a warm, sugary, foodie, heavenly scent that has vanilla-like cake&glaze tones on my skin. :yum:

There's a Mexican pastry that my boyfriend and I are addicted to, called a Beso ("kiss"). It's a round sweet bread sliced in half, filled with strawberry-guava jelly, sandwiched back together, and then frosted all over with this white granulated sugar-and-buttercream-frosting-stuff. And when I say "buttercream" I'm pretty sure I mean "pure lard" but ooooohhhh my gawwwwwd they are good. And rich. You wouldn't think from the description, but we typically cut one beso in half to share or else we get a little sick. GOOD TIMES. The number of besos that come home from the store are the number of besos I eat the second I get home, with the rest of the groceries still unpacked and melting on the counter.

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/besos_mexican_pastry_kisses/

Golletes smells exactly, I mean to the life, like sticking my head in a box of fresh-baked besos and whiffing.

As someone who's been floating away from the foodies lately, I can honestly say that this smells very good! It's foody but not over the top foody. It smells exactly like the description, a pink pastry. Very yummy!

This is, indeed, a very pink sugary blend! It's actually a bit startling--it's like the grainy sugar you find on churros mixed with the sugared doughnuts, all with a hint of tart cherryness underneath. It's a chewy pastry, the perfect temperature, the perfect texture to complement a strong, bitter coffee in the morning. Over time, it mellows into creamy frosting and doughnutty crumbs. Super-food and delicious!

At first, opening the bottle, I get butter. butter butter butter. Yikes.

wet, the butter calms down immediately and now I get rich doughnuts, like krispy kremes, with strawberry glaze (definite strawberry!) and a few crumbs of pink box-mix cake.

Very sweet and light, totally foody - this is all sugary dessert, but there is a lot of layers to this dessert. It seems to morph a lot, with different notes popping to the forefront now and again, and never gets boring.

Definitely not a traditional perfume, and I would hesitate to wear this to work - but if you have a sweet tooth, this could be your holy-grail scent.

Whoever compared this to Crunchberries got it right on the head. Crunchberries, soft cerealy berries. Not quite my thing.

Oh dear God. This is awesome. Pink strawberry frosting in the imp, EXACTLY THE SMELL OF STRAWBERRY-FROSTED DONUTS on my skin. It's a cake doughnut with pink strawberry frosting.

The frosting fades as it dries, and it lightens up and ends up smelling more like boxed strawberry cake. But that was my favorite cake as a kid, so now it has nostalgia going for it, too.

I'll probably end up getting a bottle of this one. It's a little light after it dries, but I don't mind slathering.

a light scent of floating brainy crunchberries, indeed! i like :) .my nose is stuffed up today so it could be trickin' me but I think it's a winner ;)

The moment I sniffed this I thought, "this is like Boo, but Boo got all tarted up with sweet pink berry fruits, sugar, and pink frosting!" It's creamy, sweet, foody and fruity. All in the yummiest way possible. Drooly drool drool drool.

Edited by obsidienne

This is GOOD!!!! When I saw all the comparisons to cruch berries...I tried and tried to imagine what crunchberries smelled like "it's been a LONG time since I've had crunchberries" but as soon as I opened the bottle....DING...the light came on...this is sitting on the floor when I was 5 in my footie pajamas eating crunch berries while watching Saturday morning cartoons.... :wub2:

I wish it lasted longer on my skin!

Not much I can add here. :lol: I completely understand the Captain Crunchberry comparisons; and this is indeed reminiscent of scents like I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain and, a litle less so, Diary of a Teenage Cannibal. Pink and sugary and sweet and a lot of fun. And the label is one of my favorites this 'Ween!

This is a fun, foodie scent that makes me feel like a kid again! Perfect for a Halloween blend.

And as strong as this scent is, it's not as hardcore as some other foodie BPAL's :)

Golletes

Smells like a cream-less Beaver Moon 2007 in the bottle.

then I put it on & I get sweet juicy cherries, sugar & something faint in the background...maybe the 'pastries; but I can't really tell.

After a few hours its cherries dipped in sugar.

really simple & beautiful foody scent!

10 of 10 Ranking!

this years releases that work are doing very well on me!

In bottles: Extremely sweet, strawberry dominant. It does smell indefinably pastrylike, but mostly it’s strawberry, strawberry, strawberry. Wet: still strawberry dominant. The icing/pastry effect warms and weaves throughout. Weirdly, it makes me think of candy floss more than the Blue Pumpkin floss does. It also is vaguely whipped cream like. The more it warms, the better it is, with the strawberry growing less strident and more part of a surprisingly lovely whole. This is so much better on skin than in the bottle. Dry: Still strawberry dominant, though the pastry/icing holds up fairly well. It’s quite nice as strawberry blends go and doesn’t break down on my skin. The effect is warm and foody.