Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A circular pastry glazed with pink sugar that symbolizes the sweetness of life and the certainty of death.

OMG num. I put this on, and then wandered around, and it was the strongest thing on my arm. Really pink and happy, it sat on my skin for two hours with a strong scent before it started to wane, and then took quite a few more hours to fade. It reminds me a lot of the pink scent from I fell in love with a floating brain, but Golletes is sweeter. Sugar rush, here I come!

I get a very sweet, slightly tart, pink fruity scent and lots of pastry. The pastry smells like a warm, creamy, baked custard tart and it's really delicious! :yum: It reminds me of the pastry note in Toothsome Banketsaaf but that one ended up going a little plastic on me, in here it's perfect and thankfully it doesn't turn on me. I also get some similarity with The Confectionary prototype. At times the blend gets tiny bit too sweet and fruity for me, but over-all I'm really liking it and I'm very much in love with this pastry note. It has really good throw too. A definite keeper! :wub2:

This smells just like Lucky Charms cereal to me! Especially when I put my nose right up against my arm. It's very pink, sugary with a tiny hint of fruit.

I really like it!

Hmm, pastry, very foody and light cherry to start - dry down is cherry chapstick and a bit powdery pie crust. I'm on the fence right now with this one...

In the bottle: I want...to eat this.

On the Wrist/Wet: Ick, too bread-y for me. It reminds me of Bread-and-Butter-fly, which I did not like. Really hoping for more frosting here.

Drying down: THAT'S better! A nice, pink, creamy frosting is creeping out now and it does smell a bit cherry like someone else mentioned. I love this smell. I keep looking at my wrist, expecting some frosting to lick.

So far I'm liking this, but it hasn't been an hour yet so we'll see how it changes.

ETA: Two hours later, I'm out taking a walk, and I'm continually sniffing my wrist to get that yummy pink frosting smell. This is going to be a comfort bottle, for sure.

Edited by KrahesPhoenix

Nom nom nom nom..........nom. Okay, thats all folks. Goodnight! Heh. :) So, just to clarify to anybody (like me) that was wondering if this was *the* Pink Sugar that everybody on the face of the planet has duped.....oh no, my friends. This is that delicious pink buttercream frosting smothered over a sweeter than sweet glazed pastry. If you love foody, get summa dis. :)

In the bottle: Pink vanilla pastry sugary-ness

Wet on me: It does have that hint of cherry in a fluffy pink frosting that was mentioned above. It's very coying, and strong on me. I can smell the pastry part at the end the end of each sniff. It's not really buttery..it's sort of like smelling puffy pastry right after it comes out of the oven.

Dry: As it dried the pastry smell faded and it became all pink frosting, with a hint of cherry. Yummy.

Edit: About an hour later it's fully dried to a lingering pink sweet scent on my skin. It's a little foody, but it doesn't scream icing once it's fully dry.

Edited by London

OMG!!! This is SOOOOOOOO good! It's like white cake with pink frosting. Or a jelly donut. Or a cherry frosted Pop-Tart. It's sweet and pink and totally different from the other mapley-type sugar Bpal scents that I've smelled. I think that this is what Strawberry Shortcake would smell like. Foodies rejoice!

ETA: OH NOES! As amazing as this is to start out, my skin chemistry completely destroys it. It ends up smelling yeasty and doughy- no pink sugar, no sweet frosting yumminess. My skin sucks up all the sugar, all the cherry, all the sweetness and leaves nothing but raw dough smell. I'm heartbroken. How could you do this to me skin?? :cry2:

Edited by VioletFemme

In the bottle: Mmm..a really pink frosting smell..

On my skin:

It smells like strawberry (or some type of berry) frosting, and it's DIVINE. I smell the cake too.

Yum.

I kept wondering what this smelled like all day and it finally, finally dawned on me--Beaver Moon 05! This is a really good thing. I think I like Beaver Moon a little more, since it stays true to the top notes and does not go to a musky drydown, which is what Golletes does. Still, it's a fun sweet cheesecake kinda thing. Mmmmm....

Very sweet and "pink" on wet; almost gaggingly sweet. When this one dries I get straight up cotton candy doughnuts. I jsut smelled my arm (this is approx 3.5 hours after application) and I get straight up cotton candy and glazed doughnuts.

This one smells of conserved strawberries when wet, but then dries down to something that smells an awful lot of Zombie Apocalypse and slightly of I Fell In Love With A Floating Brain. It's this spongy cake that has a bit of saltyness to it with just a hint of red berries.

Not bad at all, but not one of this years favorites. I would much rather that it kept it's fruity start all through dry down.

In the bottle: Holy sweet butter-cream Batman! Heavy on the butter.

Wet on skin: Pink! Sweet pink icing! On some type of cake, perhaps sitting next to a bowl of room-temperature butter. Seriously. Butter. Just plain 'ole butter. Maybe dyed pink.

Drydown: Um, where'd it go? I see the slightly oily spot on my arm. I know where I put it ... but I sniff and nothing. O.o

Dry: Not much point, there's no scent there.

Overall: I'm ... surprised. I've only had one other scent completely disappear on me, and I think that was Pain. I don't know really what to do... hmm.

Dude! This smells like Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries cereal! Don't let it scare you though, like it did me. The bready note in the forefront dissipates pretty quick, only peaking in and out on occasion, until eventually its gone. Then all I get is sweetie girl, baby pink, sugar crystals all the time! Somewhere, somehow, in he midst of all the sparkly pink sugar I can swear I detect baby droplets of Bordello. :wub2:

Edited by glasspillars

Thank you, Golletes, for destroying the last vestiges of any attempts at trying to be masculine, because now I smell like a little pretty frosted donut. It is pink. And so is my spirit. And I need moar. Sugar sprinkles, fried dough, and a somewhat cherry-esque fruitiness.

I LOVE THIS! it smells EXACTLY like Captn Crunchberries! Sweet pink pastryish and amazing. It has an awesome throw and a total comfort scent. I am picking up several bottles! It also stays true wet to dry.

It's taken me a couple of hours to figure out what precisely this smells like, and the answer is: Nerds candy. The fuchsia strawberry kind. Sweet, pink, sour tart, effervescent and crispy at the same time. I'm seeing people compare this to Cap'n Crunchberries, but I haven't ever eaten it so I wouldn't know. It is a little like Zombie Apocalypse, but more lighthearted, more madcap, whereas ZA is a thick, sludgy, slightly sinister sweet strawberry to me. This is childlike, bouncy and really tasty-smelling. I will definitely hang on to the decant.

Golletes is the rainbow My Little Pony of this Halloween collection. :lol:

One of my favorites this year!

In the bottle I too get cruch berries.

On me wet, I get pink frosted goodness with tons of throw.

On me dry, strawberry doughnut.

Will be getting backup bottle of this!

Okay this is TOTALLY Captain Crunch Berries!!!! I kept sniffing my arm and being like this smells sooo familiar... but I couldn't place it. I hate that cereal but I remember my brother eating it! Wow, it smells exactly like this. I like the sweetness of the blend, but this pastry note is really throwing me. I just don't like it. I think I may retest this before making a decision. It's pretty and fun, but I'm not sure if I actually like it as weird as that sounds.

I am wearing Golletes to the State Fair today, because it reminds me of a more autumnal Midway. A quick flash of cotton candy and donuts or funnel cake while wet, and then a rich raspberry jam note emerges and becomes dominant. There's maple underneath it, too, along with the dough scent. Foody, syrupy, jammy and delicious!

In bottle, it's all pink frosting and a super sugar rush. At first on me I get the bready feel but that does fade fairly quickly and the throw is pure pink frosting. I only get bready if I sniff my wrist directly. As it warms, the bready note calms down and I get exactly what it says it says on the tin: pastry with pink frosting glaze. It's not a buttercream frosting but more of a sugary icing with strawberry/cherry fruit hints. My husband isn't a big fan of foody blends, but *I* am, in a huge way so I think I need a bottle of this! I wonder if that breadiness will mellow with age; though it's not BAD, I prefer the more cake-y scent it has later on. The fruity pink frosting has me hooked.

In the imp and wet on the skin, it starts off as a cake scent. Then a cherry filling comes into play. Rather light on me. It does come back and the drydown on this is magnificent! Bottle-worthy!

Oh no. This started off so promising. Sweet and pink but not too candyish. Sadly, it quickly morphed to the strange fried, slightly burnt sweet scent I dread.:cry2:

Oh well. Better for my wallet I guess. :(