Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Blue Pumpkin Floss

Puffy clouds of pumpkin candyfloss with a trickle of blackberry juice.

This is a very strong, spicy pumpkin on me. Very occasionally I get a hint of the blackberry, but not much. Still yummy though :wub2:

This ends up being a buttery pumpkin with spice. I may get a bit of the blackberry floss at the beginning, but it is drowned out by the spices. Not something I'd wear, but I bet would make a great room scent.

Gorgeous scent, but you only need a tiny bit! It's very strong!

In bottle: Spicy pumpkin. Yum!

Wet: Still spicy pumpkin, but there's a hint of something sweet.

Dry: The blackberry starts to come out now. It's so delicious! Smells like a pie with pumpkin and blackberry inside. Very sweet!

In the decant: Pumpkin!

Wet: Spiced pumpkin- warm, not very sweet

Drydown: Still solidly pumpkin- no floss and no blackberry

Dry: A tiny hint of blackberry trickles through here and there, but this is mainly spicy pumpkin. I do not mind, though, because it's tasty smelling.

Overall: Will definitely hold onto this one. OMNOMNOM pumpkin! Maybe I'll layer it with my not-so-Pumpkin Latte ;).

This reminds me a lot of the pumpkin room scent oil by White Barn Company. It's not exact but it is very similar.

This is a really yummy smelling spiced pumpkin. I'm not getting a whole lot of blackberry...it's all sweet spiced pumpkin on my skin. I like this one a lot but I tink it works better as a room scent.

In the bottle - A biscuity pumpkin note

Wet on me - Close to the skin ginger comes through, but in the waft you get the blackberry juice

Dry on me - Initially the ginger is overwhelming and it burns the sensitive skin on my neck. Eventually you get thick incensey pumpkin with a splash of the blackberry juice

Overall - Doesn't play nicely with my skin

Edited by Ajila

This is 70% sweet cinnamon candy, 25% spicy pumpkin and 5% blackberry on me.

Yup. Same for me. It started out with a promising pumpkiny scent and then turned into WHOA CINNAMON. There's a faint undercurrent of something that smells cookie-like. But as for the blackberry? Not much. And I could only smell something that was definitely a pumpkin note right at the beginning.

It's definitely not bad. Not at all. It smells good, and I like it. It's just that I was expecting some sort of sweet fruity pumpkin scent and I got cinnamon biscuits with the barest hint of fruit jam.

In the decant: Hey! What smells blue? Answer: this does.

Wet: This smells very spicy to me. All I smell is spice and the faintest hit of sugar. No pumpkin, no blackberry.

Drydown: Still just spice. If it stays like this, it will probably be re-homed. I wanted unspiced pumpkin and blackberries!

Later: Nope, just straight up spices. Pass.

On: Tons of sweet, spicy pumpkin. Very sweet and definitely, as I said, spicy. Yum.
1 hour in: Incredibly spicy pumpkin with a tiny bit of berry.
2 hours in: This is so spicy!
3.5 hours in: Still mostly spicy and sweet, with a hint of pumpkin.
Overall: I didn't get any blackberry for most of the time I wore this, which is kinda sad. I definitely prefer Jack anyway, though; it's creamier and not as OMGSPICY.

Wet: super spicy pumpkin, stick sweet from the blackberry juice note. This is uber spiced. Cinnamon overload!

Drydown: the blackberry and pumpkin wane and I'm left with the same base as Pumpkin Latte minus the heavy cream.

Spicy pumpkin right after application on my skin. Goes a very candy cinnamon on my skin shortly thereafter.

Exactly on my skin...pretty bland.

Update: After about 2 hours I can finally smell the blackberry, but it's very faint and this scent stayed pumpkin-cinnamon way too long.

Edited by BlondeAcid

In the imp: first sniff gives me the buttery-pumpkin-spice goodness associated with Jack and a deep second sniff gives me just a dribble of a berry sweetness.

Wet on my skin: that red-hots scent so many people have described, mixed with the pumpkin, and just a little of something else sweet.

Dry on my skin: Spicy pumpkin liek woah! This is a gorgeous spicy pumpkin, buttery with lots of cinnamon. I'm not getting a whole lot else, maybe just a faint fruityness but by now I'm trying so hard to smell something else in there I culd be imagining it!

Later: This is a lovely spicy warm buttery bakery pumpkin. It smells like autumn to me... not sure it really does enough for me beyond Jack though.

Sniffed: Spiced pumpkin with a bright berry streak.

On skin: Mm-mmmm! Blue Pumpkin Floss is exactly its name: nothing more, nothing less. But oh, this is AMAZING pumpkin-and-berry floss. Simply nutty, fluffy pumpkin laced with mellow spices and streaks of bright, juicy berry. Warm, cozy and sweet; perfectly walks the line of light gourmand, neither too heavily foody nor excessively sweet. A simple, no-nonsense, non-morphing blend that has above-average throw and persistence on my skin.

Verdict: I can't wear most gourmand blends because they make me nauseous, so I'm ecstatic to have found the goodness that is Blue Pumpkin Floss. It also has the honour of being the blend that converted me to BPAL's pumpkin note. And it's still my favourite pumpkin blend! (Not that I've tested much. I mean, I found the perfect pumpkin. What could possibly top perfection? :lol:)

Blue Pumpkin Floss is a crazy strong, spicy pumpkin pie kind of scent. I don't think I smell any blackberry, and it doesn't make me think of candyfloss, but it's still delicious.

Apparently I'm not the only one who got "spiced pumpkin" - I'll be looking for the candy and blackberry "floss" to shine through on the drydown. I like the simplicity of this pumpkin scent. Its definitely got that pumpkin pie feel. Hey, this is the first time in my life I've found myself spontaneously craving pumpkin pie. If you've been looking for a true spiced pumpkin scent without all the bells and whistles of the Pumpkin Patch blends, this is it.

One thing I'll say about Pumpkin perfume, I'm not sure how often I'll be in the mood to slather it on and head out for the day, but I can certainly see myself reaching for it once in a while during Fall or Winter, when I'm in the mood for warm spicy-foodie blend, and I can certainly see myself dabbing it on at home and enjoying it in private.

Edited by angelicreprieve

Hm… There may be cinnamon in this one- I had a bad reaction to it, and now I smell lovely but the cinnamon is very strong and overwhelming. Plus the red welt on my skin! Possibly pumpkin pie spice? I'd keep this if I wore a scent locket, but I don't so off it goes!

Blue Pumpkin Floss smells like curry on me. :( I really wanted to like it, but all I get is curry. I think it's a combination of the spices and butter note...

Yep. Spicy, sweet pumpkin. I should have read the reviews before I bought my decant, since pumpkin can go either way with me. I'm wishing for the blackberry to come through, but this is very nice! Pumpkin pie-ish and very strong throw. You don't need to apply much with this one!

In the bottle: Pumpkin cotton candy w/ blackberry hints and something spicy.

Wet: That spicy note is strong with the "force".

The dry-down: The spices calm down and allow the sweetness of the blackberry and the spun sugar to make themselves. Nonetheless, this is not a huge morpher, as the pumpkin note is always dominant. It's a baked pumpkin note, but not buttery as the pumpkin note in Jack. This has aged well. :)

Finally snagged a bottle of this one and it’s delicious! I’ve tried lots of the Pumpkin Flosses and this is my favorite so far! It’s a super sweet pumpkin on me, no cinnamon and a delicious fruity berry note that balances just right. It also had great throw and staying power! Love it :wub2: