Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Blue Pumpkin Floss

Puffy clouds of pumpkin candyfloss with a trickle of blackberry juice.

Oh Fall, thy name is Blue Pumpkin Floss. :joy:
This is one beautiful blend. It carries the spiciness associated with pumpkin, but also the sweetness of it along with the blackberries, which is a very nice pairing.
For me its hard to describe, except to my nose, this is the perfect Fall scent. Perfect! And to think I was worried that I wasnt going to like it based on the reviews. Silly me!
Great throw and lasts long. :wub2:

Spicy pumpkin with not a hint of blackberry in sight, for me. Don't know if this is working for me yet..

*a little while later*

Aha! There's that hint of blackberry. This is a very delicious scent.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

Wet: It reminds me a lot of Gingerbread Poppet, just lighter. I do smell something sweet in it.

Dry down: Red Hots layered on top of Gingerbread Poppet.

Dry: Gingerbread Poppet plus an earthy pumpkin smell. I still smell a little bit of a sweet juice.

Sweet cinnamon pumpkin! Like a concentrated version of the Bath & Body Works Cinnamon Pumpkin body spray (which I do like, but still, one can have too much). No blackberry at all, and maybe just a hint of extra sweetness from the candyfloss--but not blue at all, as it's defeated by the cinnamon.

Sadness. While I certainly don't mind pumpkin, I was hoping that this would be more special. but it did just arrive, so I'll retest in a few days and see.

Spicy, buttery pumpkin upon initial application. After it dries down, the spice wears off and the tart blackberries appear. Blackberry cuts the spice and helps to morph the buttery, creamy pumpkin into a fruity flossy sort of pumpkin. As a pumpkin lover, this does not disappoint. Will deinitely need to pick up a few bottles of this. :wub2:

Beautiful. Sugary blackberry initially, then turns into soft fluffy spicy pumpkin. Definitely getting a second skin test.

BPAL's pumpkin notes and I have a long history of horror. I decided to skin-test Blue Pumpkin Floss just because it didn't smell as buttery in the imp as I'm used to pumpkin blends smelling. It smells more pumpkin-fleshy, sweetened and dusted with a little spice.

It gets off to a good start on my skin and keeps smelling like pumpkin without turning to buttered candle death. A couple of minutes in, it makes a move toward getting buttery, but as soon as that happens, the pumpkin fades almost completely! WTF.

All I smell after it dries is spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg?, maybe a couple of others. I get a hint of blackberry syrup every now and then, but not enough to grab hold of, and the in-your-face pumpkin never returns, although I guess it is the reason the spices seem to have a creamy base.

What a strange scent experience. It's definitely autumnal in the end -- these are fall baking spices, after all -- but nothing like what I expected.

Pumpkin (not as buttery as some of the Lab's pumpkin notes, this seems drier and more close to real pumpkin), spices, sugar/taffy, & fruity blackberry. Kinda pretty, but it's literally that simple on me. The sugary taffy note develops more the longer this is on, which is very yummy.

Eh...

Okay. Blue Pumpkin Floss starts out very spicy pumpkin, but not in a sexy, cinnamon way. I don't really know what it is. It takes a good hour before it finally settles into what it's supposed to be. I'm not even fully sure how to describe it on drydown. It's softer and sweeter, but if I didn't know there was berry in it, I wouldn't think there was.

I suppose it's a little candy flossy (not that I'd ever eat the stuff), but it's not at all like Midway. The final drydown is very subtle, which is nice in an intimate setting. It reminds me of a quality in Samhain where you forget you're wearing it, and then suddenly wonder where that nice smell is coming from. Overall, I'm 50/50 on this. I don't love it, but I don't dislike it. Maybe I'll hang onto it for a while to see what happens when it ages.

ok, so i tested this from the bottle i ordered to decant, and i tried the tester at DSWC last night and i got the same thing from both: Glade's Hawaiian Breeze air freshener.

at first, on my skin, it's a buttery slightly spiced pumpkin filled with a thousand berries. but then something bizarre happens and it morphs into that one particular air freshener scent. :huh?:

(which is an okay scent, but i don't want to wear it as perfume)

Huh. On first application, this doesn't smell pumpkiny to me. Instead, it smells like squash, baked and honeyed and mashed into a delicious, spicy mess. The perfect autumn meal! Over time, the cinnamon-spiciness becomes more pronounced, while the squash fades to the slightly-sweet background. Huh! This is nice, but not at all what I expected.

Blue Pumpkin Floss - To me, this smells just like the proto -- full of super red-hot cinnamon, too little pumpkin, even less sugary floss, and absolutely nothing blue (which is probably good, since BPAL's blackberry turns stanky on me, as much as I love it in theory). Underneath the spice, I can definitely smell the pumpkin and the sugar, but there's just way, way, way too much spice on top of it for me to enjoy it. Without all of that spice, this would have been a major hit in my universe, but the massive amounts of cinnamon just ruins the whole deal for me. :cry2: Beth, please, please, PLEASE release a less-cinnamony version of this with the 2011 Weenies!!! :beg:

Imp: Spicy pumpkin and blackberry

Wet: Not like cinnamon red hots to me, but definitely spicy with a bit of a sweet pumpkin edge to it

Drydown: Love it. Love it. Love it. Slathered a good portion of my imp on just now. Buttery, sugared and spiced pumpkin. Really no blackberry to report, but if it does show up I won't mind. We have a good history.

Overall: This is a bottle buy. I just hope my budget can handle it!

In bottle: It definitely evokes carnivals. It’s pumpkin dominant, with the candy floss mostly manifesting as a sweetness in the pumpkin. It is spicy, in a cinnamon and possibly clove pumpkin pie sort of way. The blackberry is very understated. Wet: Cinnamon dominant, with pumpkin second. The blackberry is a touch stronger, but still understated. I think I like the marshmallow Pumpkin from this year’s inquisition better, though the pumpkin/cinnamon is similar. This is less sweet and more purfumey. As it warms, the blackberry modifies the pumpkin in some interesting ways. Dry; The pumkin breaks down a bit. The cinnamon and hints of blackberry mingle with what’s left of the pumpkin’s

I get MEGA!cinnamon in the bottle and absolutely nothing else. Wet on my wrist, the cinnamon remains the predominant note but during the drydown I get a real lift from the pumpkin. There's also a real, authentic gingerbread note in there. I bake gingerbread every Christmas to give as extra gifts to my loved ones and I definitely get the sweet, spiced scent of a fresh batch. Sadly, there is no 'floss' and no blackberry note either, which does disappoint me somewhat :/

I get sweet cinnamon, and buttery pumpkin from this. Not a whiff of the blackberry. :(

Thank goodness I ordered a sniffie first - now I can sell my bottle unused. (I shouldn't buy bottles unsniffed! Lol!)

I've skin tested this twice, and I'm reading through this review thread just shaking my head. Candy floss? Blackberry juice? No! Oh, and since I'm probably one of the biggest lovers of Pumpkin King ever, let me just say that this doesn't have anything at ALL in common with that scent. No. All I get from this is spices and cinnamon. Not even any pumpkin, which I found surprising since the prototype for this oil was a fresher, soft pumpkin with a touch of sugared fruit. This was a big ol' disappointment on me, and will be headed straight to the 'get the hell out of here' pile.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

I was trying desperately to like this because this (along with Punkie Night) is the cutest label I've seen in a very long time, but I think both my sniffer and my skin are just getting old. I don't get any of the "blue" parts of this scent; nothing sweet or tart. And strangely, I don't really get any pumpkin, either. I get a big ol' olfactory wallop of the slick buttery note that is in Jack, but no pumpkin underneath. No cinnamon or other spice, even, though I know it must be in there somewhere because to top it off, when I gave this a full skin-test, it "burned" the back of my neck and ears and I had to style my hair quite deliberately to hide the welts.

:cry2:

I had such high hopes for this. As soon as it hit my skin, I knew BPF and I weren't to be. Cinnamon. Sugared cinnamon, and butter. All I'd need is toast, and it'd be a great snack. There's no pumpkin to speak of. I want this to work. Maybe the pumpkin will come out with age. As it is, it's not a fave.

I didn't think I would like this at all as I'm not big on pumpkin, but it says blackberry and sugar in the notes, and my beloved has a decant, so I couldn't not test it out at least once...

I put it on my skin, all ready to hate it. But you know what? I love this one! Completely unexpected :evol: from nowhere! At first it's buttery-pumpkiny-sugary, then as it dries it goes through a brief stage where it smells of red hots before hitting buttery blackberry spun sugar with a hint of pumpkiny spice in the background. Damn. I may need a whole bottle of this.

This was a surprizing miss on me! I wanted to love it, but it never got beyond CINNOMON!!! Even my Hus commented on it! I cotton candy and pumpkin but sadly they were absent. I sent it on to another who may love it!

Oooh! I am liking this one more than I thought I would! Lovely spiced pumpkin. Almost a pumpkin bread? Not too strong, but wafts nicely! I don't really get anything else in this blend, but that is okay with me! This is what I was hoping Pumpkin Queen and most of the Pumpkin Patch scents would smell like! :yum:

Okay, I'm not sure what my nose is making out of this scent. In the bottle and wet, it's definite pumpkin. I am not getting the spices that others have mentioned, just pumpkin flesh with ... something behind it. Something almost buttery and kind of taffy-like, but not all that sweet, and definitely not candyfloss. As it dries down, the blackberry wafts up very slightly every so often and then fades again. Overall it's a far earthier scent than I expected. I'll have to think about this one. :think:

In the bottle, Blue Pumpkin Floss is just pumpkin. On my skin, it's pumpkin and cinnamon with a hint of blackberry. It's good but I was hoping the blackberry would be stronger. Maybe age will bring it out.