Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

My husband and I visited the Ten Thousand Waves spa in Santa Fe a long time ago(if you haven't been, you HAVE to try it! It was fabulous!). I remember the baths smelling of wood... specifically, hinoki. I've heard it called white cedar, japanese cypress and hinoki wood.

Are there any BPAL scents that are similar? I recall it being a sweet, light, wood scent. I'm pretty terrible when it comes to smelling specific notes, so I don't know if it was resiny or not. But I'm looking for lighter, sweet wood scents. (Would sandalwood or rosewood work?)

What do you guys think?

Bpal's sandalwood notes tend to be soft, light, creamy/powdery wood notes. The rosewood is darker and sour smelling, in my opinion. Some of the cedar notes are very soft, dry, and pretty as well.

You might want to try:

*Brown Jenkin (I get a lot of sandalwood, dry coconut husk, and a hint of incense from this)

*Magus (the cedar-sandalwood combo in this is woodsy and very soothing)

*Mouse's Long & Sad Tale (probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I get a sweetened sandalwood feel and it's very pretty)

And, of course, Fledgling Raptor Moon (recent LE) lists "hinoki wood" as a note and sounds like it might be a blend that you really enjoy. The full description is: "Warm, soft tufts of down and gleaming tawny feathers: clove, toasted sandalwood, aged patchouli, bourbon vanilla, carnation, massoia bark, hinoki wood, and West Indian Bay."

Perhaps Kill-Devil (sugar cane, molasses, oak wood, and honey)? Of course, it was really heavy on me because of the molasses but it may react different with you and your chemistry.

Habu is really nice. Very bamboo-ish yet sweet and a bit incense-y. I love this blend.

Spirit of the Komachi Tree (cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear) is a very light, airy, woodish floral on me. More the hint at wood than wood-ish, if you know what I mean.

Thanks you two!! :) Little Bird, I'm now trying to find a decant of Fledgling Raptor Moon (maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy a whole bottle. WHOOO!). Saralaughs, Spirit of the Komachi Tree sounds like it's right up my alley.

Off to order some scents, yay~ Thanks again, guys.