Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ShadesOfFree

Shipping Query...

Hey, so... I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I have a question, which... I'm not entirely sure where to send it, so here it goes? Someone let me know if I posted in the wrong place, please. <3

Okay, here goes.

I'm one of those people without a mail-able street address, who has to get their mail from a PO Box. Which is all well and good, except for when you're trying to prove where you live - as, in my case, in the event of trying to get my driver's license. So, I decided I was going to order something online, get it shipped to the street address, and thus would have my proof of address and something spiffy for myself (...I never buy myself anything, like... ever. I hate spending money).

Problem is, I see BPAL, like almost everything else I've looked at, ships via USPS, which... would end up either going to the PO Box, or never arriving due to mail not being delivered to my street.

Is there some way around this? Can I send a request for custom shipping, or... otherwise achieve my goal without causing too much bother to anyone?

<3

Your best bet is to contact the Lab's customer service directly to explain your issue to see if they can work something out with you.

answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

There is another thing that you can do for your mailing address. The first address on the label would be your physical street address and the next line down would be your PO Box number and then the City and State beneath that. That way, you would have both addresses on there as proof. The way that the USPS had it set up was that the second line would be where it was delivered. I'm pretty sure that this is still the case.

I'm one of those people without a mail-able street address, who has to get their mail from a PO Box. Which is all well and good, except for when you're trying to prove where you live - as, in my case, in the event of trying to get my driver's license. So, I decided I was going to order something online, get it shipped to the street address, and thus would have my proof of address and something spiffy for myself (...I never buy myself anything, like... ever. I hate spending money).

Problem is, I see BPAL, like almost everything else I've looked at, ships via USPS, which... would end up either going to the PO Box, or never arriving due to mail not being delivered to my street.

Is there some way around this? Can I send a request for custom shipping, or... otherwise achieve my goal without causing too much bother to anyone?

<3

You may want to check with your Department of Driver Services (or whatever they may be called where you live) to find out what they will accept as proof of your residence. Usually they want something like a utility bill, which would have to include a physical address where the service is provided regardless of the address to which it is mailed. Paying for power, cable TV or water at a physical address is much more definite proof that you actually live at that address than receiving packages at that address. If you are a renter, a copy of your lease will often work; if you have purchased, you should have some documents that show the address of the property. I'm not saying that they won't believe you if you show them a package you have received, I really do not know - I just think you should find out exactly what they will accept before you go to too much trouble to obtain any one item for this purpose.

I don't know how it is in your state, but... a BPAL package may not count as proof of residence. The state I live in specifically states that your proof of residence must be one of the following:

* Utility Bills

* Credit Card Statement

* Auto or Life Insurance policies

* Voter Registration Cards

* Bank Account Records

* Employment Records

* Rental Agreements

* U.S. Postal Service change of address confirmation form/postmarked mail with forwarding address label

* Other non-personal mail postmarked within the last 60 days

So a package? Would be personal mail. Just looking at the DMV information for other states I've lived in (only 5 out of the 50, so... 10% sampling), it seems to be the same across the board. The only one I can find that accepts personal mail such as a magazine (just saying that because it was listed as a specific example) only states that they'll take that if you live with someone else and have no bills in your name... but then you have to bring that person with their ID/driving licence AND a piece of mail to that address in your name.

Hate to be a downer, but I don't want you getting all excited over both BPAL and proof of residence... then finding out that it's only BPAL. (Not that there's anything wrong with only BPAL, I just know it can be frustrating to expect that you'll be able to get your licence and then you get turned down because you don't exactly meet the paperwork requirements.)

Thanks, guys, I've been kind of worrying about that - problem is, I have none of those things. My parents' names are still on the property / utilities, and my voter registration card managed to screw up the address - which they refuse to fix without proof of address, also. Why the government decided to go and get overzealous about proving where you live is beyond me. Security? Pfft, whatever. /sarcasm

Anyway, yeah. At this point it's going to come down to giving them two things that have my name and my address paired up in any sort of an official fashion, and if they don't accept that, I'm probably pretty much screwed. I think the people at my DMV will take it, even if it wouldn't be PROPER proof, honestly, because we're in a little middle-of-nowhere place and they don't seem to care too much as long as it's something, but. Fingers crossed?

But, seriously, thanks for the heads-up, guys. I appreciate it. :) <3

Thanks, guys, I've been kind of worrying about that - problem is, I have none of those things. My parents' names are still on the property / utilities, and my voter registration card managed to screw up the address - which they refuse to fix without proof of address, also. Why the government decided to go and get overzealous about proving where you live is beyond me. Security? Pfft, whatever. /sarcasm

Anyway, yeah. At this point it's going to come down to giving them two things that have my name and my address paired up in any sort of an official fashion, and if they don't accept that, I'm probably pretty much screwed. I think the people at my DMV will take it, even if it wouldn't be PROPER proof, honestly, because we're in a little middle-of-nowhere place and they don't seem to care too much as long as it's something, but. Fingers crossed?

But, seriously, thanks for the heads-up, guys. I appreciate it. :) <3

What about your bank? Your bank must have your address details, can't you ask them to print them out on their letterhead?