Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
raisin

Linden-like?

So several years ago, my favorite perfume was Demeter's Linden. Then my bottle leaked everywhere and I haven't replaced it.

I've been curious to find a similar green blend in BPAL's catalogue, but so far, no luck. My first purchase included a bottle of The Unicorn, which was just far far too floral. And for a short time, I'd acquired a bottle of Spirits of the Dead, where the linden was definitely a bit more apparent, but only for a minute, before the scent became totally wood on me.

I don't expect to find anything quite so literally linden (I've done my search for the note, but it just doesn't look like it gets blended with anything overly promising for me) but I would definitely settle for something bright, light, and green.

Thusfar Envy has been my go-to green scent, but it's a bit darker than I'm looking for, and doesn't last very long on me. I tend to amp florals way the hell up, so I'm a bit wary of them, but I'm willing to try just about anything.

Any thoughts?

If you haven't tried them yet, I'd recommend checking out The Dormouse, Ochosi, and Squirting Cucumber for brighter green type scents.

I didn't get much green from Dormouse (though it was really lovely and I need to remember to get more) but Squirting Cucumber was definitely along the lines I'm thinking of. Sadly, both of those faded very quickly. Now I'm wondering if I've just got really evil skin chemistry when it comes to this particular quest of mine.

I'll be sure to check out Ochosi, though! Thanks!

The search function is still disabled on the BPAL site. :( There is an incredible linden tree reaching into my back yard from the neighbors and I want to smell like it. What bpals have linden?

Here you go! http://www.bpal.org/search/index.php?term=linden&mybutton=1&search=1

Not a lot based on that search; I'm also looking for them as well :)

Wow, thank you. You're right though, that's not much. It sounds like the Unicorn was the one most likely to fulfill my linden lust. Too bad. I hope Beth will make us a new linden-centered scent soon.

ETA: They are all discontinued. Wow.

Edited by Tempest

ETA: They are all discontinued. Wow.

Well, other than The Unicorn and Cottonmouth, the other three are limited editions! But yes, it is pretty sad. Someone frimped me The Unicorn while I was new and buying imps left and right--and I fell right in love. It's crazy difficult to find, and expensive when you do, usually. Add that to the fact that it's got a relatively light throw and thus you'd likely want to slather... :lol: I wouldn't be surprised the reason why it's so rare now is because everyone who had it before it got DC'ed had pretty much used it all up, haha.

Spirits of the Dead also has linden listed, well linden blossom that is: dry tea leaf, linden blossom, papyrus, orris and coffin wood.

Spirits of the Dead also has linden listed, well linden blossom that is: dry tea leaf, linden blossom, papyrus, orris and coffin wood.

Thank you, what category is Spirits of the Dead?

ETA: Thank you, Alder. I will try it out :)

Edited by Tempest

It is a LE. :huh?:

I *think* the Weisse Maus proto has linden, which was something Yeahbutnobut touched on after I'd reviewed it because I wasn't too familiar with linden at the time: Weisse Maus v4

Keep an eye on Etsy because it wasn't sold out during the WC so there must be leftovers hiding somewhere. ;)

ETA link.

Edited by Invidiana

Any updates on new Linden fragrances? I've been struggling to stretch out out of my bottle of L'Occitane Linden perfume (discontinued many years ago) to the very, very last drop, but I have to admit it's well and truly empty. I'd even settle for a non-BPAL fragrance, although I'd much prefer BPAL. I'm in the same boat as raisin's original post, basically looking for something green for summer.

Boober is very linden based. You also might want to check out Scattered Flower Smells from the Post if Hair Gloss is your thing.

It's up at EBay right now!

Sign in to follow this