Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
strahlend

The Grave-Pig

loved this when it was wet, as it was mostly "dirt" and patch, with a little bit of sweet from the fig. really loving the dirt element to this, which i suspect are the "mushroom caps" and oakmoss notes.

grave pig would've been a bottle buy if it stayed in the wet phase. as it dries, the fig takes over, and it just becomes too forwardly  "feminine" for me (i prefer to blur those lines, and sometimes feel uncomfortable smelling "pretty"). HOWEVER, this scent really allows you to enjoy the fig without it being too overwhelming or cloying (for me, eden was this way, and i suspected the honey). death pig is really lovely and i like it. very wearable, and imo, "office appropriate."

as it's dryin, i'm sniffin, and i'm likin it.. i'll need to bury this in more dirt before buying a bottle.

Edited by murqmaid

Fresh from the lab frimp!

Wet on my skin, I'm immediately hit with the sweetness of the fig. The patchouli probably adds to that as well. I'm not really getting much mushroom or oakmoss. Mossy things are usually a huge turn-off for me, so I'm not really complaining.

As it's drying down, I'm getting some earthiness... and yup, there it is, the leathery oakmoss that makes me nauseous.

Not for me, but thank you labbies!

It's a very well aged, strong scent in the bottle, and it dries down to what i imagine the damp, mossy forest floor would smell like after a spring rain. Lovely.

I got this as a frimp and wasn't sure what to expect when I read the scent notes, so I applied very lightly at first. I get earthy sweet fig and I'm really liking it. especially for an early fall vibe. Off to apply more generously!

Fresh and wet on the skin, this is dirt-y, dirty patchouli. For me, it's only as it dries that the fig slowly emerges, while the dirt fades to the background. For the majority of its lifespan, this is a deeply fascinating fig with a surprisingly light, high-pitched patchouli, if you know what I mean. It's a pity that for me, there's not much oakmoss at all, since that's the note I was looking forward to the most.

Soft patchouli and earthy oakmoss, and sweet ripe fig.. I can’t say that I am noticing a mushroom scent. This is a gentle hippie blend, very nice and not overbearing. Wow, I just noticed this came out in 2010 and I’m just now trying it. Well, it’s a fine everyday scent that I’m glad I got around to sampling!