Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Old Demons of the First Class

I wore this one the other day and really adore it. It's spicy and dark and sexy. The black pepper is very prominent with my skin chemistry, but it doesn't overwhelm the other notes. There's a bit of sweetness, and it's smoky. It smells like a new age shop, with added pepper, to me. I feel like my boyfriend would really like this one for himself, but I like it, too!

Musky and peppery, there's a little bit of sweetness to this as well. The clove is the star of the show on me, it's strong and almost dominates the rest of the notes. I like that's it's a little soft and sweet, I tend to wear mostly foodie/gourmand scents so that makes this a little bit more wearable for me.

I won't be getting a bottle because I doubt I'd wear this often, but I do enjoy it!

Received as an imp. An interesting list of ingredients that blend together smoothly. The musk is nice, but the black pepper really livens up this scent. The black clove, opoponax, & neroli brings it a ritual incense scent. I think this is the first time I've had a scent with Tonka, super exciting! This is overall a grounded, rich, slightly sweet & deep scent. Would definitely order a bottle.

Fresh imp from the lab: Astringent menthols with a hint of soapy floral in the background anchored with an odd, sweet spice, but generally reminiscent of honied earth and grass or sap perhaps. Quite strong and heady in general. Kind of reminds me of some poisonous plants, the stems in specific but maybe even the flowers, though I can't point to which ones. I think it's the dark pepperiness working with the green notes that makes me think of bitter, black-stemmed murder flowers. 

Pepper and patchouli? I love this scent it’s very  mysterious, a bit smoky. Could definitely imagine a fancy demon smelling like this. 

This aged very well. Not my usual style--I'm more of a girly girl, aroma-wise, and this is unisex, possibly more masculine. It starts as a spice chest, but after a bit of morphing, with some scents pushing forward and others coming in for a quick solo and then disappearing, it seems to end with a Clove SN. Lots of sillage--I'm sniffing sweetness that isn't too powdery on my wrist the next morning.  My old imp will serve me well, which is good, since it's no longer available.

My absolute favourite. The notes that stand out most to me are musk, clove, black pepper. It has a slight resinous sweetness, and I think it's become less sweet as it's aged. I think it's similar to Dracul, but less sweet and piney. It's more of a masculine scent to me. It's dark and mysterious, and the name suits it perfectly.