Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Daphne Honey

Daphne honey.

In bottle: Chalky and very sweet with a sharp edge. Wet: Prickly on the skin, so I’m a bit worried about allergens. It is a lot like honeysuckle only with an almost fruity edge. It goes a little plastic on me. The honey is quite strong and distinct. Lots of throw Dry: The plastic backs off, the effect is a rather sharp, almost bitter berry, stcky with honey sort of floral. Not my thing, but very womanly.

Pretty floral honey in the imp. Very strong, very sweet, way more flower than honey. Smells a bit green in the background, too. Skin test = soap

Sweet, fruity honey--I almost get a passion fruit note from this. It goes on crazy sweet but calms down after a few minutes into something a little less in-your-face. The fruitiness ends up being a little stronger than the honey...but it's still very, very sweet!

I think that this is my least favorite of the Rappaccini's honey blends that I've tried. I get a sharp, perfumey floral type of scent and a little bit of honey that's not enough to tame the sharpness. The drydown goes intensely soapy with a touch of greenery and a hint of sweetness. Whatever is in this just goes too soapy and sharp for me...

Daphne Honey - This is my favorite of all the new honey blends. It's a gorgeous floral-honey that's almost fruity in its sweetness. It's so pretty and is sweet, warm, smooth, and lovely on my skin. :heart:

Fruity, honeysuckle, honey. It sort of had a bright sweet pop that made me think of candy and Jailbait, esp. on wet.

In the bottle - Cool green leaves tinged with the slightly sharp sweetness of a floral honey

Wet on me - Mostly still the greenness of the leaves, but now there is a touch of wood behind them

Dry on me - A surprisingly floral honey with touches of green around the edges

Overall - It was a little too faint on me

Sweet, powdery, floral, like I could imagine a floral candy smelling like this. In a way, it conjures up memories of how Kitsune-Tsuki smelled when I tried it, except this isn't as over poweringly sweet as K-T was. It seems a little bit generic to me too. It is a pretty scent, but it doesn't seem all that special to me either. I don't know how often I'd wear this, it falls too much into smelling like candy than a fruity or sweet floral.

Edit: I'm actually finding that I do like this quite a bit. It still reminds me of sweet, floral candy and when I first sniffed it it didn't really seem like a "me" scent. But I've been giving it a second go around, because I felt like it had potential, and I'm liking it a lot more. Definitely worthy of having the imp used up. I'd also like to add, this has pretty good throw on my skin and also the staying power is also pretty good.

Edit 2: I officially love this scent. The more I wear it, the more I like it. There's something about it that's bright and comforting. Makes me feel happy. Like, the image I get from this blend is just a bright, happy, yellow color.

Edited by Ryokumuji

Something very green is sitting on top of the honey. The sweetness does come through eventually, but it's not letting the honey do what honey does the best on me.

Florals and greenery and something vaguely fruity mixed with honey. This started off quite sharp on my skin and eventually dried down to something a little smoother. Nice, but a little too perfumey for my tastes.

A lovely, sweet, fruity-floral honey. Lasted a long time on my skin. I thought I almost smelled roses partway through the day, too, although I wonder if my nose was confused with something else. The quality of the honey scent, which is really bold and delicious, reminded me of Anactoria. Very much in line with what I expected from The Apiary... beautiful!

Edited, because bees don't live in aviaries... doh.

Edited by Pika

imp: lightly sweet floral honey, it doesn't really smell like daphne to me but it does smell good.

wet: sweet, soapy powderiness. sadly, this is not doing so well on my skin.

dry: this amps in soapy/powdery sweetness as it dries. alas.

Wet: the only way I can explain it is "disruptive floral honey". I like the smell however this is so strong that it warrants caution on application. The daphne smells like a mix of white rose, laurel,and a touch of magnolia. Very interesting. The honey is just an amplifier for this. I would expect this smell to precede the entrance of an incredibly cruel but attractive woman. It's rank with ill intention.

Drydown: the same. Pure evil of the humanly feminine kind. *shudder* Hmm. when to use this is the question.. ;)

Last spring, some planters along the streets near where I work had daphne in them, and I never failed to think to myself, "what is that amazing scent?" when walking past. They had a wonderful bright but sweet aroma that carried even over all of the pollution and funk of NYC traffic.

Daphne honey is VERY floral, but there is plenty of honey to back it up. It's a really gorgeous, sweet floral honey, with a green edge, reflecting the evergreen family the plant belongs to. To my nose, the lab's daphne is something similar to a blend of white rose, ylang ylang, and jasmine. Unfortunately, it turns incredibly faint on my skin after only an hour or two. It becomes more of a predominately floral scent, a bit dry from the evergreen, with the honey lingering on the finish. Still lovely. It sticks around close to the skin for another couple of hours, then vanishes.

I adore Daphne. So much so, that I bought a bottle of this unsniffed the moment it came out. I was pretty disappointed when it turned into a super-sharp, almost medicinal scent on me, and sadly put it away.

Fast forward a few months, and I pulled it out to try again. The sharpness is gone, and what's left is an in-your-face heady floral. Fortunately for me, I love that kind of thing. It is quite strong, so a little goes a long way on me. At first I get no honey at all, but after a while the honey does come out, and grounds the floral. It's quite beautiful, really. It's not quite the daphne bush I have growing next to my driveway, but it is stunning, and I'm so glad I bought a bottle!

A beautiful, crisp floral honey. It is vibrant, and very in your face. Of the florals, I can only detect rose. The honey is strong at first but fades to the background in minutes, tempering the florals and ad a rich sweetness. A little of Daphne Honey goes a long way!

Without reading any reviews, I smell this from the imp and get gummy bears. I do recognize the lab's honey note (which has never been gummies to me before), but my brain says sweet gummy bears.

Wet: Still like opening a bag of fruity gummy bears. (??) The DH says no gummy bears; he smells spice drops. Regardless, it's coming off as bulk candy. ;)

--I'm going to go peek at the other reviews while this dries.--

Now that I read the other reviewers talking about a strong floral vibe, I could see my gummy bear fruitiness coming from something like honeysuckle, lotus, or heliotrope. That is to say, if I'm smelling flowers, they're the bright, juicy, sticky kind.

Dry: The honey really tones down and become a faint base on this one. The strongest impression is something beautifully sweet; could be lotus or something very similar. I go out of my way to smell sweet (or like candy), so this is working really well for me. There's nothing overdone about it to me; just a shining sweet note over tempered honey. Really lovely!

The throw is medium on this. It is more girly than womanly on me. It has a cheerful personality that's just woken up in the morning with an optimistic smile.

Rating: Wow... I love this. 5/5

In the imp: Artifical grape! My sister said it reminded her of the cheapo grape flavoured lip gloss we used to get from the $2 shop when we were kids.

Wet: A green, clean smell - young branches, as others have said - with sweet honey shining through.

Dry: A lovely clean honeyed floral. I wore this to work and lasted several hours, with decent throw.

In the bottle, sweet sweet plastic. On the skin, kind of reminds me of Alice. A very girly scent. A perfume I would wear when I was very little. The plastic fades, and the scent becomes very delicate as it dries. Lightly sweet floral, definitely honey. Normally I would not like a scent like this, it's pretty have in the imp. But on the skin, it's nice. Good summer scent, glad I tried it!

I got neroli (orange blossom) from this right out of the imp. On my skin, the sharp orange-peel neroli scent quickly changes to a soft white floral, which is normal for me and neroli. The honey is powdery and sweet, and the fragrance overall is similar to Honey Moon 05, but sweeter, almost like Dragon's Blood to me. I like it, but I like Yellow Jessamine Honey better.

I'm unfamiliar with the Daphne flower scent, so I'll just go by impressions. At first, it's quite perfumey, and I'm not getting any honey. Dry, kind of like sour rose a bit with something odd, almost foody. Not liking the Daphne scent, though I may be getting a bit of honey in the background, this scent is definitely not for me.

I tried this at a will call a couple of years ago and bought it when the drydown was in an intensely beautiful floral honey stage. Unfortunately, it went all sour rose on me immediately afterward and I never wore it.

Today when I pulled it out it was largely a repeat of this experience. Wet it is tons of honey; there is a brief stage drying that the floral blooms beautifully and the fragrance is transfixing. Then it is all strong sharp sour-sour floral on me like the worst rose ever and I go wash it off.

Beautiful, sweet, rich honey. I buy honey at a local market and they have clover honey sticks. This reminds me of the rich taste of those honey sticks. Love this one and had to buy a 5 mL (I'm always afraid my favorites will be discontinued before I get a bottle)