Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

SILENTI
The Silenti reject human society completely, and are, quite literally, the living dead. Either due to trauma, sociopathic psychological conditions they possessed while human, or through a desire to embrace this peculiar aesthetic, they adopt many of the stereotypes and trappings of the vampire-as-undead. Some act as monstrous killers, akin to the murderous ways of Interfectors, while others are more peaceable, but no less strange. Most of these vampires choose to live in crypts, haunting graveyards like proverbial ghouls. Many vampire death cults have sprung from the philosophies and writings of Silenti, including the House of Azrael, whose members venerate death itself as the supreme deity and oblivion as heaven.

Grave beauty: Spanish moss, lilac, wisteria, myrrh, and olibanum.

Very, very floral with a metallic undertone (from the florals) and a touch of sourness that myrrh does to me sometimes.Sourness fades as the scent dries, but SO MUCH METAL. No throw after a few inches, though this fluctuates as time goes on--the moss THROWS

Silenti - This is a lovely, subtle floral. It has a hint of dryness from the olibanum, and bit of dry greenery from the Spanish moss. The lilac and wisteria are very subtle and note overwhelming at all, as they usually are on me. The myrrh adds a touch of depth to it. Overall, this is a lovely scent, very subtle and pretty.

This is a wonderfully subtle floral. The spanish moss and wisteria really take hold while the myrrh adds just a hint of sweetness. Definitely glad I got to try it...but I think My imp will suit my needs just fine.

In bottle: Green and floral!

Wet on skin: Very soft and floral...pretty.

Dry on skin: Pretty much the same. I have a hard time distinguishing the different florals but it's definitely a girly scent.

Verdict: Lovely, but not for me.

Silenti starts off with very strong resins over the moss. Its a little overwhelming at this point! As it dries, the resins recede and I get a soft floral over moss. Overall, the scent is lovely although I would have preferred more floral and less incense. The scent has a somber feeling about it and would fit in perfectly with the Ars Moriendi scents. I plan to keep my decant although I don't think a bottle will be necessary. :vamp:

Guest patina

Yes, this does smell like it would be at home in the Ars Moriendi scents. The lilac florals are mercifully deepened by oakmoss and smoothed/sweetened by myrrh. This smells very Victorian to me. I get the image of an old parlor with lilac colored upholstry. As this dries down, the myrrh comes out more strongly until it's almost a cola note (but then I amp reisen).

In the imp: Spanish moss!

Drydown: Spanish moss!

About an hour later: Spanish moss! and maybe a tiny bit of wisteria.

I was hoping Silenti would be a dark gentle floral, but it's got such a strong throw on me. A day later I still smell traces of it on me, so it's got longevity too. I've now found the note that I amp- it's spanish moss. I think I like the smell on other people better, and don't want to write Silenti off entirely- it might work best in an oil burner for me.

edited to correct moss

Edited by sheena

A soft floral with drifts of incense that grew stronger as it dried, growing greener and a wee bit sour (not sure if its the moss or the wistera or the liliac, but it reminded me of the way lily goes on me sometimes). But that didn't last, and it mellowed out into a lovely melange; sadly, minimal throw at this point.

Silenti was heavy on the lilac & wisteria when it was fresh (sweet, waxy, heavy, purple floral) with the myrrh giving it a resinous, golden edge and the moss giving it a sour, swamp-y quality. I sort of liked it, but found it too heavy and powdery to wear much. Unfortunately, it has not improved with age.

Oddly, this now doesn't have a floral smell to it at all. Aged, this is mostly Spanish moss, which is sour & unpleasant on my skin, with a backdrop of dry incense smoke and baby powder. My bottle is going to swaps...

Edited by Little Bird

I'm shocked.

It's a floral. And I like it.

What?

For serious.

This starts out heavy on the lilac and wisteria, but the moss adds a smooth "fuzzy" tone here and the resins sweeten everything up just beautifully. As it dries, the moss becomes more prominent on my skin and the myrrh goes just a little powdery, but it works.

Even though this I thought this had the most potential to be meh, it's one of my two favorites in the vampire line. This is an old cemetary on a slightly overcast day in early spring. It's slightly out of focus and quite mysterious.

This one is a lot less mellow than I would have imagined. If there was such a thing as spanish moss juice, it would smell just like this. I don't get any lilac, just something green/dark purple and syrupy. It's surprising. For the notes listed, it's just not mellow enough for me. Still, though, interesting!

At first application this is a soft, slightly sweet floral on my skin. Turns to soap on my skin though about 2 minutes after application.

Rotting wisteria. In fact, rotting waterlogged wisteria. I think there's a brush of lilac on this.

Epic.Fail.

A sweet floral with just a hint of resin and dryness. The lilac and wisteria are pretty indistinguishable but they play well together. Now I'm trying to decide if I love it enough to get a bottle.

Hmm...very floral, can detect the myrrh. I like it but it's pretty strong on me - to the point where it's almost too much. I'll have to try it again in a smaller dose.

I am just not a sweet floral girl. I don't know which item in this amped on me, but it wasn't pretty. Sweetie, floral, yukiness. I was SO hoping the wisteria would be wonderful. There is nothing subtle about this fragrance.

I love lilac, but it's really hard to wear for me - I tend to like it better as a room scent than as a skin scent. Unfortunately, the olibanum doesn't hold it in check enough here. This goes to swaps.

On the skin: Definitely getting lilac and a bit of myrrh and moss. Very pretty! This is a great floral. Not something I would wear often, but this is definitely an "I feel pretty" scent.

Sniffed: Moss and incense. Dark and solemn, but not heavy.

On skin: Very evocative: Silenti definitely embodies mysterious, aloof, mournful, elusive, and darkly beautiful. Or a still, moonless night in a peaceful, forgotten graveyard. The myrrh and olibanum form the deep incense base, heavily infused with damp, lush moss. I can't smell any flowers, though they must be lending the lightest breath of sweetness and/or spice. This is a darkened incense blend, unisex tending towards masculine, with a subdued but distinct presence. Colour impression is lush, dark green moss upon weathered dark grey stone.

Verdict: I've been very impressed by the Vampire scents -- they really embody their namesakes. I like Silenti, but in a detached kind of way -- it's calm and enigmatic, but not something I would wear. I'm glad I got to test it, though.

Silenti

On: Moss and powdery spring flowers.

1 hour in: This is turning to all myrrh on me.

2 hours in: There's a fresh, sweet floral to this now, but it's still mostly a dark incense scent.

4.5 hours in: Dark, slightly soapy, incense.

Overall: This is interesting, but doesn't work for me.

In the vial: Dry and woodish, but very pleasant.

Wet: Ah, there's the floral! It's dry, woodish (I guess that's the moss), with some lovely florals. I expect the myrrh will creep up gradually, as is its wont.

One hour: There is something about this that smells a lot like the wet dirt note, save that it isn't wet at all. It's quite dry, yet spicy, and has some lovely floral to it. For a while this one had a strong crittery note although I don't see any of the usual suspects in it. (Perhaps it is olibanum?) But now I quite like it.

Two hours: Win. A surprisingly spicy-sweet scent given the listed notes, this one hits my zone well. It's a little more forward than some of the others, but still quite civilized.

Three and a half hours: Still warm and spicy, but with more of a soft, faded-floral elegance about it. I like this one.

Five and a half hours: The wet dirt impression is more like woody-mossy now, but still with the faded floral elegance. So I guess this is a short-term scent, but a very nice one.

ITI: Rich olibanum, myrrh, and wisteria. I thought the wisteria would be more abrasive, but the blend of notes is rather pretty.

Wet: The olibanum is much softer on my skin, leaving the myrrh and wisteria to flourish together.

Dry: It's soft and sleepy from the myrrh and Spanish moss, while also lending a contemplative note from the wisteria. It's a lovely scent, actually.

Silenti

Spanish moss, lilac, wisteria, myrrh, and olibanum.

This to me is like the very heart of exploring the old out of the way cemeteries within the fields and woods of the deep south. I get a wonderful woodsy green fragrance with this that has the faintest hint of spice and florals to light it up.

I have worn this one several times, decant is aged from when the vamp scents first came out.

When it was fresh I didn't like this very much as some dirty, earthy note in it seemed too masculine.

Now, it has more powdery sweetness, from both the myrrh and the Spanish moss. Lilac and wisteria are not really distinguishable but once the scent is dry they add a pale purple sheen to the background.

I love the calm, planty aspect to Silenti, and the subtle florals in the background. It is an introspective scent rather than being seductive or trying to make an impact on others. It reminds me of long walks in Mount Auburn Cemetery when I was writing a paper on funerary iconography for art history class. I will look for more scents with Spanish moss. I am not sure about the powdery quality lent by the myrrh. Definitely need another decant of this.