Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

TRANSEO
The Transeo are vampires that have assimilated into human society, often reaching positions of power. Among the Transeo there are many celebrated politicians, scientists, businessmen, philosophers, artists, writers, and musicians, and, surprisingly, a large number of influential clergy and militarists. Not every Transeo is an illustrious public figure; many simply desire the comforts associated with reentering society. In the past, most Transeo posed as humans as best they could, concealing their true natures. In the twenty-first century, more and more Transeo are coming out in the open, and they form the backbone of most vampire-acceptance movements.

GA cologne that (almost) blends well into human society: benzoin, orange blossom, cumin, King mandarin, gaiac wood, juniper berry, Calabrian bergamot, Ceylon cinnamon, and blood camouflaged by wine.

Orange Blossom and Mandarin are apparent right after application. As it settles on my skin, I get a little of the wood note and the blood wine note emerges. No cinnamon though. I really like this blend on my skin as well. It's like a sinister fruit wine tempered from being too sweet with a few drops of blood.

Cologne? Really? Orange blossom (no metal!!) that's somewhat sweet-shampoo-y (last time there was madarin, this happend :/). Shampoo slowly fades as the scent dries, and now a faint touch of...I'm not sure. There's a note that brings the scent from the bouncy-girly-shampoo it started off. I can't pinpoint, but sadly I cannot love it either, since at 20 minutes the scent still sits right on the skin. Not getting masculinity from this scent at ALL.

Transeo - The wood, blood and bergamot are the strongest notes when I first apply this. The wood is by far the strongest of all of those notes. As it starts to dry down on my skin, I can smell the cumin, which oddly smells good on my skin as opposed to the b.o. odor I usually get from it, and the mandarin, which I adore. I wish the mandarin were stronger. There's the faintest trace of a blood note and also the juniper berry. I never do smell the orange blossom, benzoin, cinnamon, or wine. It's got a masculine cologne vibe about it without smelling like cheap drugstore cologne. While it's not a "come hither" scent for me, I still wouldn't mind smelling it on my man.

In the bottle: Green and woodsy with a slight effervescence.

Wet on skin: It smells like wood and roses? I don't see rose in the description but that's what it smells like on me. Maybe the combination of the other notes make it smell like that?

Dry on skin: It kind of reminds me of a more masculine version of Knave Of Hears with more rose and less current and foodie smell.

Verdict: It's intriguing for sure but not really for me. Rose is hard for me to wear, but I bet this will be beautiful on some people!

In the imp: green and perfumy. Wet on my skin -- is that rose? Nah, it can't be. Drydown brings out Orange Blossom and bergamot with just a hint of the juniper berry. All in all, I really like this one! :wub2:

In Bottle: Very odd. Orange candy? It smells like something I can't place, but definitely tangy orange.

Wet: Still orange candy. I'm finally getting some wine, though, which helps temper the weirdness of the orange, but no blood - dragon's blood though, maybe. I groan. The lab's coppery blood note is delicious, but dragon's blood is not my favorite thing.

Dry: As it dries the candy-ness goes away a little. I get some juniper, and the orange becomes less sickening and more of a true orange blossom. I get the tiniest hint of cinnamon, and only a little wine, which is a disappointment since the wine was what I was really looking forward to, as well as the blood. Unfortunately this one is way too fruity for me, not as grounded as I would have liked, though it's significantly better on the drydown. Into the swaps! 2/5

Transeo smells slightly like red wine on me, but a less heavy sort of red wine. It's like red wine lightened up with a fresh splash of orange juice and a cool, sweet berry. I also smell red rose, but I don't know where I'm getting that from. In the drydown it's like a fruity, fresh sort of wine, a hint of rose perfume, and a creamy, soft orange blossom note.

I was expecting this to have a men's cologne feel, but it smells very womanly on me. I like this a lot. It smells very sexy, beautiful, and confident.

This has got to be the weirdest scent I have ever sniffed. Wet, I could have sworn I just rubbed Pez on my wrists. It was orange and candy-like. As it dries, it settles and blends a little better, and I'm left with something oddly disjointed. It's sweet, but sharp and also a little powdery. The juniper and wine are very prevalent on my skin, and combined with the orange/mandarin it's... well.... unsettling.

This is definitely a weird one. I'd tried this at Dark Delicacies, really liked it, and then came to look at the reviews and see stuff like "fruity" and "floral" and "candy"... and I started to wonder what the hell I'd smelled (and get a little concerned about the investment I'd made on a partial bottle).

That partial finally showed up today, and well... I like it. It's not one that I think stands up horribly well to scrutiny (which is fitting, I guess), but the throw is lovely. I get mostly light orange blossom and woods, with kind of a juniper/bergamot coolness. I would have no idea what I was smelling if I didn't have the notes in front of me, though, since mostly this is just a great and interesting perfume.

I think I'll probably be very careful not to slather this one, but lightly applied I think it could become an excellent (and relatively feminine) every day scent for me, which is not something I'd say often about florals. It really is gorgeous, and I hope more people give it a chance before it goes away.

This is a strange one!!

In the imp: Slightly spicy orange...smells promising.

Wet: I think someone else has mentioned orange candy...orange flavoured Pez is spot on.

Dry: Orange Pez and washing powder. A really sickly sweet, synthetic orange smell. I smell like freshly laundered orange candy. It has a really strong throw. The boy said from a good few feet away "Whoah that's strong, what the hell is it, you smell like Tango or Fanta"!!

Even after a couple of hours I can't pick out any of the other notes and it still has a sickly orange candy thing going on :(

In The Bottle

Mandarin, a touch of bergamot and cinnamon

On Application

Rose? Definitely rose and mandarin. Huh? Quite nice though

Dry Down

This reminds me of a soap but I donlt know what. It is nice but I still get strong rose. And the it degenerates to a generic floral air freshener. Would smell nice on someone other than me.

Rating (0-5)

I really liked this scent.

In the bottle: smells generically "perfumey"

Wet: Oranges and generic perfume. Still not exciting.

Dry: This is when things get exciting. The other notes come out to play. This perfume does exactly what it says it does. To the casual observer it just smells like a "normal" perfume. On closer examination, under those top notes is a wine scent. A really good sniff reveals a blood note under it all. Amazing! :wub2: It does just what the both the scent description and book description say. I'm sad that this scent isn't getting the love. It is one of my favorites.

Sharp cologne, with hints of orange blossom and bergamot. As it dries, I get more of the hint of blood and wine.

Not my cup of tea.

ETA: On a second try, I do smell the cumin and the blood is much more prominent. Ugh.

Edited by zankoku_zen

This ends up being watery cologne resin on me. I wish the orange blossom showed up, but no. I really haven't smelled a Bpal blend quite like this, it's neither dark or light, masculine or feminine. It's just kind of bland and boring.

First sniff....Car motor oil?

Apply it to wrist...Still car motor oil

As it is drying down I still smell motor oil but am whiffing some sweetness too. This is so weird to me...LOL! :eek:

Almost dry and I am smelling less motor oil but more of a aquatic perfume-y type smell.

Dry... I smell some of the spices and a bit of the citrus and still a bit of a motor oil smell.... gosh, I really don't care for this at all. :huh?:

Out of the bottle it has almost a sweet-tart smell to it, morphs to a very floral plastic smell (that's happened before, I wonder if the benzion is amping into something odd on me). Too floral for me - but a good throw floral I'm sure for others.

On the skin: Kinda smells like the spices you would put on a pizza to me... Oregano? With a bit of sweetness. Not at all what I was expecting. A very understated scent, but very interesting.

This isn't the woodsy, spicy, orange fest I was hoping for - it's kind of bitter & reminds me of some sort of shampoo. :(

Doesn't work on my DH either.

Edited by alterosen

I got a decant of Transeo when it was first released, and when I first tested it, I thought it was beautiful, if a bit "conventional" and uninteresting. It didn't impress me very much, so I put it away and forgot about it for several months.

Until yesterday -- and what a huge difference eight months makes. My decant has aged AMAZINGLY.

Sniffed: A panoply of orange, incense, woods and spices. Mellow and grounded.

On skin: Transeo has orange top notes of mandarin and bergamot, grounded in warm woods and deep spices too blended for me to pick out. I could already smell this orange-woods-spice mix when I first got the decant, but oh, the base notes have now opened and deepened into what is now incredibly delicious and full-bodied. Overall this is mellow and deep, occasionally brightened by the shimmery and zesty fruity notes. Colour impression is an elegant mix of red-orange, rich chocolate, and glossy black.

I can imagine one wearing this scent would be a very understated, non-flamboyant character, but at the same time very classy and up-market, radiating quiet power and influence. I can't smell any wine or blood, but I think I catch whiffs of a metallic undercurrent. This vampire is keeping a very low profile...

Verdict: My, my my! :wub2: Transeo has become something incredibly beautiful -- just shows that the Lab can make a blend that is both conventional yet has a distinct, unique presence. The Vampires really do get better with age, as they should! Transeo is a definite keeper, maybe worth a bottle.

Transeo

On: Pretty orange blossom with other orange notes. Right now, that's all I can pick out.

1 hour in: Berries and orange notes with earthy cumin and bit of wine. Very interesting.

2.5 hours in: Fruity and slightly spicy, but very dark and earthy.

Overall: This isn't something I'd reach for often. I liked it at first, though. The cumin really gave it a nice, earthy warmth.

I'm slowly working my way through all the VDSA series and today it was Transeo's turn.

I was really worried about the cumin. I like it in my food but it's nothing that I want to smell like. Well, there was nothing to worry about. This was a nice well rounded blend. Nothing stood out too strongly to me and I didn't smell the cumin at all.

I also didn't really smell the wine but that too is a good thing. Boozy notes tend to turn on me and they don't smell pleasant. I really loved this one. My 16 yr old son said it smelled nice and It lasted for several hours.

This doesn't smell sweet. It's more of a wood and floral scent without either overpowering the other. It's hard for me to pinpoint an one note because they all blend together so well. It's just a nice perfume smell. I can see where people are getting a shampoo smell but to me it's a little less soapy than that.

6/10- this is a good scent to wear to the office.

Transeo is one that I obtained a long time ago and don't think I ever really tested! In the bottle, it smelled very pleasant but the notes were hard to pick out.

Now that I see the notes in this review thread, I am flat out shocked, because what I ended up with was a really loud, clanging combination of rose, soap and metal, pretty much from start to finish. I don't know which evil notes could have combined to do THAT, but this is SOOOOO not a good scent for my chemistry!

Transeo had a really strong throw and lasted 12 hours. I could still smell it quite strongly when I got in the shower this morning.

Decant from azurephoenix' circle. I'm finally getting to try out the rest of this line of scents besides my long-beloved Tombeur.

OK, this is not at all what I expected. I applied to my wrists before reading the notes and sniffed. Wet, dry, and after 30 minutes this is a generic rose cologne. Nothing like described, not unpleasant or soapy, but not special enough to invest in a bottle. Uh-oh, and now while typing it's starting to give me a headache. :sad:

I got distracted by the beautiful bottle art and the other notes I loved and failed to notice the orange blossom note. Sadly orange blossom is all I get from this blend, my skin refuses to let any of the other notes shine through. This smells like the cheap body butters that are received in crappy gift boxes. It is the slightly plastic fake orange and flower smell. I would say this is not good for anyone who amps florals, oranges, or both.