Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A grounded, earthy scent, evocative of the soul’s finer qualities: patchouli, clove, neroli, night-blooming jasmine, sage, and iris.

Decant from azurephoenix' circle. I'm finally getting to try out the rest of this line of scents besides my long-beloved Tombeur, one per day.

In the decant, my initial reaction is good. This is a spicy incense blend. On skin, oh hello clove! And welcome to my wrist, patchouli! There is a slight sage note on the drydown, and hallelujah no jasmine! Actually, I get no florals from this at all.

After 30 minutes, Vespillo has become a softer, gentler version of Clemence: all patchouli and clove. I really like it, but my decant will suffice because I love Clemence even more. Vespillo is much too kindly of a vampire for me. I guess it has to be, to assist with human acceptance. But if I'm going to wear patch and clove, I want it to be INYOURFACE the way Clemence wears on me :wink: .

This was a lovely frimp from a forum purchase. Caveat - Jasmine and I aren't friends, but I try everything I can!

Wet: Really eathy, dirty (in a good way!) patchouli, and something very green. It doesn't really smell like sage to me...ok, maybe it does. Ya, I think that's sage I'm getting. There's really no sweetness to this at all, it's just earthy greenness.

Dry: This is so freakin interesting. Somehow it manages to smell dirty and clean and the same time - dirty patch, and clean green notes. Hints of the iris are barely detectable. This is a different patchouli note than I've smelled in other blends, very very dry, almost dusty. I do quite like it, but I don't think I can see myself wearing it, and I will likely pass it on for someone else to try.

Earthy and incensey. The clove and jasmine make themselves pretty apparent. This also manages to smell old and dusty, too. Overly sweet to me.

.aI agree w/ torikitty, there's an old dusty vibe. The patch clove sage made me think vetiver initially. Woody, dry, like a coffin box. Not quite my jam on its own but will layer it with other blends. I feel it would go great with tobacco, vanilla, or gourmand blends to ground them.

Shares some similarities with Coyote and Antikythera Mechanism, both of which are sweeter.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This is a murky, clove incense on me. My bottle has had about 5 years to age.  There's a thick, syrupy undertone to the scent that I associate with myrrh, but I guess it must be the patchouli, sweetened very slightly by the florals. The florals are only vaguely recognizable in the bottle, and perhaps for a flash on my skin, then it's all about the clove. 

Edited by VetchVesper