Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

VESPILLO
The Vespillo are dedicated to assisting newly infected vampires in understanding and accepting their condition and learning to live with the challenges that vampires face. Vespillo, like the Transeo, tend to become members of vampire-acceptance movements, pushing for a wider understanding of vampires among the human population.

A grounded, earthy scent, evocative of the soul’s finer qualities: patchouli, clove, neroli, night-blooming jasmine, sage, and iris.

O.M.G. Patchouli. The way it smells in the bottle, not on me. Lovely earthiness at the bottom (touch of clove) with a juiciness from neroli and iris floating on the top. As it says, earthy in a romantic way--I associate this with a dark, grounded nature without the dirt and bugs other scents like Graveyard Dirt conjure. It stays close to the skin in the beginning, but I find this appropriate, and it's strong within its throw, so not immediately dismissible. As it dries, the throw lengthens to about three feet, yet isn't so strong that it gives me a headache.

Win? Yes.

Vespillo - I love this! It smells like a new age shop. The iris, sage, and patchouli are the dominant notes, giving this scent a dry, incensey-type scent. There's a hint of clove in the background spicing things up just a touch, and for once, I actually like what neroli adds to a blend -- it's much more herbal than floral in this scent. I don't smell the jasmine at all. I really love how the iris and patchouli work together, in particular, to make this scent sort of a smokey, incensey floral scent that's not remotely floral (I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true! It's an unfloral-floral!) I really love it. I can totally see myself wearing this when I want something that I find soothing, calming, and even meditative to a degree.

I love this. It's my favorite of the entire collection.

In the bottle: Spicy and incense-y with some green.

Wet on skin: Clove goodness with some patchouli in there for good fun.

Dry on skin: I love this. It's spicy and soft and delicious.

Verdict: Bottle worthy.

When I think of incense, i think of dark brown or black. This is a lighter color incense to me. Like if you are standing in front of an incense display and you are in the section that is more floral or green. I don't get much of any of the individual notes except for maybe sage. I like the feeling (and patchouli) of Tombeur more.

Wet: Warm spices and freshly crushed sage.

Drydown: As it dries, Vespillo goes really green on my skin. It's sweet and almost grassy.

Dry: Warm and musky, but rather subdued after an hour has passed. It still has tinges of sweetness, but at this point I can't pick out notes.

Overall: Dry stage is very nice, but I wish it had retained more of the delicious spicy sage of the initial application.

This one smelled UNBELIEVABLE at first. It had beautiful earthy notes from the patch and sage with just a hint of the clove, and a tiny tiny bit of the florals all in perfect harmony. I was in love. Then jasmine paraded onto the scene and decided it was hers. I could've cried. I loved it and jasmine ruined it :cry2:

In the bottle I'm getting mostly jasmine, sage, patchouli... it ends up seeming mostly like a jasmine scent that feels really warm and earthy-sexy. There's something very compelling about this scent. I'm not usually a fan of jasmine but there's something about this that's drawing me in. The more I sniff the more I love it. There's a warm, woodsy feeling to this scent with just the right amout of spice... it's deep and rich but not too heavy. The only other scent I remember feeling this way about was Marquis de Carabas. I'm going to need to find another bottle of this one!

I clearly have weird chemistry.

Vespillo turned into Hellhound on My Trail on my skin, but with a touch of jasmine instead of vanilla.

The jasmine in Vespillo reminds me of why I hate jasmine notes. The jasmine here is sour and a bit like body odor, and gives off an impression of something rotting to my nose. The patchouli and sage have this dry, earthy, soft, slightly herbal feel that I like, but I can't stand the jasmine.

The combination of earth + the rotten smell of the jasmine is creepy, but not something that I want to wear. I can't pick out the clove, neroli, or iris at all.

Jasmine amps up on my skin, and the jasmine here doesn't work on me.

Wet, the neroli in this is a standout. It's neroli and patchouli at first, a little dirty really, and then the jasmine comes out. For a short time the jasmine starts to amp (I don't do jasmine very well), but it settles down and smoothes out. As it dries, it starts to remind me a little of Gun Moll, but a more floral and perfume-y version. The clove stays pretty tamed here.

When fist applied and still wet, this is a nice soft patchouli with depth. However, as soon as it dries and my evil chemistry comes into play, it's b.o. and clove. And I mean CLOVE so clove-y it's almost minty. And I can't stand clove (or B.o.)

In The Bottle

Magnolia, lavender and rose. Not a good start

On Application

Powdery cat pee and candy

Dry Down

Just strange. Kind of bleach and cat pee. Ah well. Can't win them all and this series has some major wins

Rating (0-5)

Incense and patchouli are strongest notes on my skin. I detect a bit of the cloves on dry down, but at least the jasmine is behaving with my skin.

I detected dry, dusty florals in the imp, and it had me a little worried because jasmine can sometimes go sour on me. However, on application, the patchouli, sage and iris jumped right out and smelled fabulous! Now it's smelling all incensey and herbal with just a touch of floral. :wub2:

I may have to break down and buy a bottle of this.

Best of the lot so far for me - incensy patchouli Anne Bonny/Cathedral-ness plus flowers. Kind of a no-brainer, and I'll probably buy a bottle despite the fact that I have a lot of other scents that smell like this one. That dusty resin thing comes alive on my skin!

On the skin: Definitely getting earthy patchouli with a hint of floral. Reminds me of working in a flower garden! The patchouli completely takes over this blend. Very pleasant. After a bit I can smell more of the jasmine, but this is a very nice jasmine!! It smells so good!!

I might actually hold on to this one!

Decant: WOW. lots of neroli and night blooming jasmine

Wet on me: heavy on the 2 florals. I see why some say jasmine goes cat urine. It hasn't but it could get really close

Drying Down: The patchouli and some clove are starting to peek their scent trails out for my nose to grasp at. And I'm getting faint whiffs of the iris as well.

Dry; this ended up a bit powdery on me as well. It's nice enough but not keepable for me.

Sniffed: Deep, gritty and earthy, with a slightly burnt flavour. Must be clove, mixed with orange and maybe patchouli.

On skin: Mmm-mmm, this is gooooood! Vespillo is mostly a deep, full-bodied patchouli, laced with clove's dark smoky-spice. There's a touch of glowing orange sweetness from neroli; the other florals remain undetectable. The clove and patchouli are the stars of this scent, which exudes a gritty, dry, earthy, yet intensely spicy and fragrant flavour. I've tested it numerous times, and each time I get a variation on the theme: sometimes more earthy, sometimes burnt, sometimes sweeter and lighter. Overall, Vespillo feels grounded, earthy, a bit intimidating, yet also welcoming and warm. And very, very attractive. Colour impression is the warm, orange-golden light amidst the blackness of burning coals and embers.

Verdict: Phwoar! Most of the Vampires have only been mildly interesting, but Vespillo... now this is a most alluring vampire, and the only one I've had a firm positive reaction to. It's not a scent I usually go for, but boy is it fascinating and delicious. I'm keeping my decant around (and maybe a bottle is in store) -- I SO want to find out more about this vampire. :yum:

First sniff: In the bottle, all I can smell is patchouli and clove.

Wearing: Dirty hippie smoking a clove cigarette…or possibly something herbal. It quickly calms down to a sort of green incense, and the floral part is coming out strongly on my right wrist.

Vespillo

On: This is very heavy on the patchouli, but with lots of neroli, too.

5 hours in: This is earthy and a bit dirty on me.

Overall: This isn't my sort of scent, but it's nice.

patchouli and clove on me, dark, bitter clove, with a hint of dryness from the iris and sage. It's interesting, but it ends up turning a bit acrid, almost burnt on me. Not my fave of the vamp series.

This is clean and dirty :twisted: all at the same time. I imagine that Pam from Trueblood would smell like this. Nightblooming jasmine with the dirtiness of the patchouli and clove to indicate that she is indeed not a good girl. :twisted: :vamp: I love it..but my imp is just enough to keep me happy. :thumbsup:

Got a frimp of this from Dark Alice!

Looking at the notes, this blend didn't look like it would be anything spectacular, but I put on a dab a little while ago and it blew me away. I had to put on more and give it a review!

The patchouli leapt out at me straightaway and it smelled amazing. This is the most well-behaved patchouli I've ever come across in a bpal blend. My skin and patchouli usually don't have the best relationship- they either get into screaming matches or they're coldly cordial or they don't speak to each other at all. This patchouli, however, is lovingly embracing my skin. I usually compare patchouli notes to my beloved woodwick patchouli candles and this patchouli smells almost exactly like it does in the candles. I'm so happy with this!

And the sage is wonderful, too. I'm not all that new agey but I'm getting this wonderful feeling from the sage, like I'm being cleansed.

There's a sweetness from the neroli and a hint of spice from the clove. The florals are very faint but add a certain depth to the blend. The longer this is on my skin, the sweeter and warmer it gets.

I usually don't have such an instantaneous positive reaction to the blends I get. This blend was such a surprise! I'm so happy Dark Alice frimped me this. :heart: I'm absolutely getting a bottle of this.

I got a partial bottle of this in a bid and I've got to say this one is surprising. It smells more masculine than unisex in the bottle. When I tried it the patchouli and clove came out strong and certainly had great throw. And this only from two drops on each wrist! A few hours in it does soften and the floral portions come out a bit more, but the patchouli and clove are still there in the background. It been about eight hours and I still get light whiffs of this. While on the more masculine side for me, I still really like it. I'm a sucker for earthy, masculine scents. It's 4.5 out of 5 for me.