Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
edenssixthday

Mule Skinner v1

Mule Skinner v1 - From the name alone, I thought for certain this was going to be something either meaty or leathery or sweaty -- i.e., just plain gross. But it's not! When I smell it wet, there is something slightly acrid about it, and something chemical-smelling like nail polish remover (but I get that from Pumpkin King and Scarecrow, so YMMV), but there's something really sweet and delicious underneath. Upon a second sniff of the wet oil, something about it reminds me of Mad Sweeney. and I realize that acrid scent is actually whiskey. So it's whiskey with something sweet and fruity beneath. As it dries down on my skin, it turns into a deep wine-like scent, maybe berries and whiskey? I really don't know, but it's definitely alcoholic and it's definitely fruity-sweet in a semi-dry way and it's really awesome. :yum:

Definitely has red wine. I think it has pomegranate and possibly cherry. This sorta smells like sangria - but way fruitier and sweeter. There is something acrid in it, and I think I agree with edenssixthday - it is probably whiskey.

I agree Eden Sixth Day, I thought it was going to be leather, rawhide and maybe sweetgrass or something, but it's not. In the bottle it smells completely different that on my skin, which is a good thing. I didn't realize it, but yes, whiskey does sound right to me. Not as fantastic as I wanted it to be, but not bad, not bad at all. I thought I was the only one who bought it :)