Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Fae_Rae

What scents are masculine? Gender-neutral?

lol i did think of dead man's hand, but can't remember the ingredients...i'll have a look

i didn't think of villain as i thought it would smell similar to old london....(am i barking up completely the wrong tree here?)....interesting...you given me some to think about there...thanks :P

Villain is very sexy and smells nothing like Old London...but for a fan of westerns, I'd definitely choose Tombstone and Golden Priapus. Black Forest is really nice too.

just had a thought ......my 13yo gothy son loves burial and zombi.....

the other generally masculine scents smell too much for him, especially the tobacco-y ones (which most seem to be).

Any ideas what other ones might be good for his age group?

just had a thought ......my 13yo gothy son loves burial and zombi.....

the other generally masculine scents smell too much for him, especially the tobacco-y ones (which most seem to be).

Any ideas what other ones might be good for his age group?

I asked about scents for my 13yr old son back in January, and though he is not gothy ( not much of a goth scene here in Kansai, Japan suburbs) the lab has been extremely generous in including masculine and gender neutral gimps in my last few orders. Right now his favorites are Incantation, which on him smells like "magical" woods; De Sade, which smells like "clean" leather on him; Bloodlust, really warm and spicy; and Saturnalia, which he calls his "dirty romping" scent. I've noticed a few of his mates like to check out his imps when visiting and Jolly Roger, Incantation, Black Forest and Lex Talionis seem to be popular. With all the changing hormones going on in their not so little bodies it is hard to recommend a scent, but I think simple is best, find out a few notes that he likes (my son likes sandalwood and vetivert) and then go from there. We still have LOTS more to try, do let us know what works for you and your son.

Oh, I forgot. I got a 5ml of The Lion at the beginning of March, and between him and his friends, it is just about empty. I don't know if they spilled it or swam in it, but I probably should order more.

I've been testing most oils on my boy, who is very sensitive to scent and at this point only wears perry ellis 360 for men. He's usually commenting how I smell like a hippy. Now that he has gotten more used to me wearing the scents i like he is much more mild, just saying "you really like those spicy scents." :P

Anyway, i've been trying to find one he will just wow over. I've tried Villian, Dracul, Wilde, Haunted, Jolly Roger, Hellfire, etc...because they smell so "man" to me (although I wear them all and love them with exception to Jolly Roger).

Anyway, we were in Black Broom today, where they have testers for all the scents they carry. He tried on Leanan Sidhe before I could stop him. And while he still said "that is very ummm West Hollywood" he couldn't stop sniffing himself saying "I really like this one the best." :D After drydown it was a bit too powdery, but I was amazed how "unfeminine" I thought it smelled on him! Now I'll have to start trying scents I never would have thought of as manly to find one he likes LOL.

Go figure.

I just wanted to share, I'm wearing Bluebeard and while I think it could be considered masculine...well tough noogies I like it.

I wish I could get my DH interested in wearing something but his own natural skin isn't bad at all <g> and will have to suffice.

I can't believe Dorian's only barely been mentioned once... mmm...

Others I've noticed going extremely well on a masculine base are Darkness, Bliss, Vice (but then I am a chocolate fiend...), Les Fleurs du Mal, Fallen, Nyx, The Raven, Moon Rose (believe it or don't), and Follow Me Boy (hehehe...). But out of all of those Dorian is just unbelievably good.

Villain is my favorite refined male scent, but I think a woman could pull it off :D Dorian is lovely, but it's pure unisex to me, and not masculine at all :D

My fave earthy manly sexiness is King of Clubs :D but a woman would proly also smell sexy in it :P

I saw some stuff for men's fragrances, but am still really unsure. What's been your experiences? I tend to look at stuff with spice/woods stuff to it.

(Edit--gah, nevermind. I'm a noob.)

Edited by NotQuiteDead

Malediction!

Damn this is a sexy smell for a guy. Maybe a darkly handsome sort of guy. Rowrrr...

Now if only I could get it on _my_ darkly handsome boy. (he doesn't wear scents.) :P

Here are my recs for manly scents I will put an * next to the ones that you will need to find i.e. Non-Catalog scents/LE's/Discontinued

*Dead Man's Hand -- So leather it's scary! Mmm tasty!

Dee -- Soft woods and leather too oh my!

Dracul -- Black musk, fir, tobacco, cumin, clove, mint well hell it's friggin' Dracul for Pete's sake!

*King of Clubs -- Oooh this one is EARTHY! Moss, tobacco and leather definitely manly!

Magus -- Frankinscence, cedar, sandalwood

Cahedral -- Very similar to Magus but more "calm"

Hellcat -- Mmm almond, rum, hazlenut what's not to like

Wilde -- Smells a lot like Hugo from Hugo Boss, don't let the Jasmine and Lavender scare you it's all man

Blood Kiss -- Musk, vetiver, clove, cherry good, good, yummy good

Blood -- Dragon's blood, myrrh and cherry good stuff

Nephilim -- Oak moss, patchouli, vetiver, frankinscence, fig, tamrind, cypress, cardamom yowsa!

Nero -- Rosemary, bay, pine and lemon

Port Au Prince -- Rum, almond, bay, clove and sassafras distinctly male

Golden Priapus -- Forget the notes just look up the word "Priapus" on Dictionary.com

Sin -- Amber, sandalwood, patchouli and cinnamon

Snake Oil -- Vanilla and spices! Sesky!

Elegba -- Coconut, tobacco and rum. Kicks ass!

Dorian -- This one was created for and inspired by Tedwin, Beth's man so you know it's good. Musks and tea mmm tasty!

Texcatlipoca -- Cocoa, patchouli, leather, inscence. This one is Superman sexy!

Whitechapel -- Cold and calculatingly sexy and male, White musk, lime and citron sure it has lilac but it's still manly!

Vicomte De Valmont -- Ambergris, musk, sandalwood and moss it's a little sissyish with the rose geranium and jsmine but I still like it and think it is male

Fallen -- woods, sandalwood, musk, vetiver it's good and discreetly manly, I say discreetly because the florals in it soften it a bit

Czernobog -- Musk, myrrh, vetiver very ferally manish and "tough"

Loup Garou -- Juniper, cypress, galangal and eucalyptus

Villain -- Lilac, lime and citrus musk

Jolly Roger -- Mmmm very clean and aquatic. Very non-head shoppy.

There are probably more but these are ones I can think of that I have tried and I feel comfortable wearing. I know I am missing some but I don't feel well. :P

Edited by BlueStar

How could Geek not be on this list? It smells very sexy on a man. Spicy, warm, leathery, yum! :D

House of Mirrors is also good. And of course Fenris Wolf.

And King of Clubs is damn sexy no matter who wears it. :P

(of course these are all LE's except for Fenris, but that's how it goes...)

How could Geek not be on this list? It smells very sexy on a man. Spicy, warm, leathery, yum! :D

House of Mirrors is also good. And of course Fenris Wolf.

And King of Clubs is damn sexy no matter who wears it. :D

(of course these are all LE's except for Fenris, but that's how it goes...)

Sorry for the ommission but I haven't actually tried Geek. I will, immediately (at the next Meet N' Sniff), and add it. :D

I have to add that dublin is amazing on my husband!

Sorry for the oversight but I haven't tried this either. I bet, based on the description, that it is very manly! :P

Oh - I hope you like it (geek that is). It reminds me a lot of Lovitar except there's no red musk. Instead, it's a bit more dry and wild. Speaking of Lovitar, that's another one I think would smell amazing on a man. I've never smelled it on a man but it seems very well suited.

Geek - hot leather, opoponax, cedar, pine needle, mosses, dry grass, patchouli and cinnamon bark

Lovitar - leather *sigh*, black amber, red musk and myrrh.

Leather = :P

No one thinks Oisin? On me, Oisin was the manliest man that's ever manned. Dublin was like that, only not quite as strong. I also think Frost Moon. And Old Scratch isn't as strongly masculine, I liked it quite well, but I think it could work very well on a guy.

Ones that have worked well on husband so far:

Golden Priapus. Oh, yes, this one is yummy!!! Sexy and cosy at the same time.

Titus Andronicus. Sexxxy in a confident, noble kind of way.

Coyote. Fades fast on him, but very nice.

Ones that have worked well on husband so far:

Golden Priapus. Oh, yes, this one is yummy!!! Sexy and cosy at the same time.

Titus Andronicus. Sexxxy in a confident, noble kind of way.

Coyote. Fades fast on him, but very nice.

Funny I thought Coyote was very feminine so the wife wears it. Mmm it smells good but also fades fast on her. Very earth momma.

Golden Priapus, come on, of course that's masculine the name means "penis". :P

I now remember smelling Oisin at the Meet 'n' Sniff, very manly but the notes are not for me I could tell my evil skin chemistry would ruin it so I never tried it on.