Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
samarablackcat

Tiki Princess

A frothy, cold coconut perfume, pure and sweet, with gentle wafts of plumeria, pikake, and ala ala wai nui.

This is my new favorite summer scent.

Tiki Princess so SO GOOD, people. It's perfect. It's a creamy coconut and lush tropical blooms on me, but it wears nice and light - not overbearing at all, which is sometimes a problem for me and florals of any kind. The flowers never sharpen or turn "perfumey" on my skin, and the coconut stays true and lovely. The coconut is also cool, rather than rich, if that makes sense. It's creamy, but still cool and light.

The scent is very pretty, summery, not too much even in the crazy heat, and perfectly named. Even if you have past troubles with some of these notes, as I do, give this one a try if it is remotely interesting to you. It's really spot-on.

I've been really into certain coconut scents (especially coconut milk, mmmm) this summer, so I had to snap up Tiki Princess when it appeared on the forums!

Sadly, it doesn't quite work for me--or, rather, it smells lovely, but is not what I'd been hoping for. In the bottle, I get nice, summery coconut--it reminds me of the coconut smell in sunscreen, which I always associate with the summer (I certainly have to wear enough of it then!). Wet on the skin, the coconut is still dominant, but after half an hour or so, it fades, and Tiki Princess smells like Snow White on me (there is some ingredient in Snow White that my skin amps liek whoa, though). Don't get me wrong, I love Snow White, and I'll certainly hang onto the Tiki Princess, for when my bottle of Snow White is gone. But I'll have to keep looking for a scent that stays coconutty on my skin.

Y helo thar, coconut, you are very, very much here in the bottle. On my skin, there's coconut, plus the florals, but pretty much coconut first and foremost. Prolly not going to fly. And the coconut + mint went to minty plastic hell on me, so pretty much had to get this off in 5 minutes.

Edited by Venneh

Pineapple coconut with soft hints of tropical florals. It's refreshing, slightly cool, and is very summery. Applied it late last night and I can still smell it this afternoon. Stunning! :wub2:

Edited by Schmoozy

Beautiful!! Soft, sweet coconut with just a breath of tropical flowers to keep you from smelling like a Mounds bar. This is summer in a bottle, people! Great throw, too--it gets even stronger as it dries. LOVE it.

Lovely coconut and a soft florals. This is coming with me on our upcoming Caribbean vacation. It just seems perfect for a tropical vacation.

Edited by angelicruin

This blend is great. Coconut is the most prominent at first. It's not overly sweet like most coconut oils I have tried. It has a rich coconut milk quality to it that is complemented so well by the flowers. They are a thick waxy bouquet of tropical lushness. I've found that my favorite day wearing Tiki Princess was a hot 94 degree afternoon. It blooms so well in the heat! Also, I notice in the dry down a very nostalgic 'my little pony' sort of 80's toy scent that is a tad plasticky. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it does not... maybe it depends on how my skin is reacting that day. I kind of dig it though.

This is amazing, sugary cool coconut with a teeny hint of icy mint (its really noticeable when wet) and maybe im weird but the floral note in there smells more fruity than floral which I am extremely happy about. It lasts awhile and has an awesome throw. It does remind me of Snow White quite a bit on the dry-down however but I like Snow White better just a little. This is the perfect summer scent I really wish she would add this to the GC

Edit:: Ok this is weird but I am definitly picking up something like pine trees in this but only when its wet and just a tiny hint adding an icy touch. Is anyone else getting this?

Edited by AngelicEmbers

Wet: Snow White vibe, without being cloying in its powder. A sweet, white, and meaty in a coconut way

As it dries, this princess turns a bit sweeter in a 'pink' way, but overall a nice scent. She keeps her secrets to herself and sits right on the skin.

She lasted through the night. Applied about 10 pm, and she was just as strong at 11 a.m. the next day.

Tiki Princess, on me, is Snow White in summer. It has the feel of Snow White but a little warmer, with a lot of sweetened coconut. The coconut has a chemical edge as it dries -- but after an hour or so the chemical feel goes away.

[eta: At first I attributed the chemical edge to the coconut, but I started thinking about the other coconut blends I've tried from the Lab, and it's not really true that they all have that chemical edge. I'm thinking it might actually be either one of the notes I don't recognize or something that's not listed. I'm not sure. I don't think it's the coconut's fault, though.]

The waaaay after dry-down dry scent, after most of the coconut has burnt off, is even closer to Snow White.

I am thisclose to snagging a bottle, I'm just not sure if it's worth it since I have Snow White. I'm leaning toward HELL YEAH PRESS "PURCHASE 5ML," though.

Edited by karen

Tiki Princess - MELE KALIKIMAKA!!! This smells like Christmas in Hawaii. The ala ala wai nui is a reaaaaallllllyyyyy strong, green scent that's almost piney, and on my skin, it's by far the dominant note. Behind it is a bit of a nice, suntan-lotion type coconut. And then 10 minutes into the wear time, as it starts to dry down, this scent does what so many sweet scents do and it starts to go flat and dusty. Only it smells like flat and dusty coconut-covered Christmas trees. :rasp: <--- that is what I think of my stupid skin chemistry.

Tiki Princess is a BEAUTIFUL scent, my husband absolutely melts when I wear it so I had to order a backup (and may get another!).

Although I don't get a lot of coconut with this one (I am a coconut & Obatala lover), the floral mix is heavenly and reminds me so much of the islands. I also get a whiff of pineapple(?). This is the type of light floral that also doesn't make my allergies go nuts, which makes me very happy. This is the perfect summer scent!!

<3 <3 <3

Melanie

Edited by glitterlips

This is a lovely coconut blend. It smells like a cool, creamy coconut cocktail, and underneath there are wisps of non-invasive gentle flowers on the breeze (I am not a big floral lover, so this is subtle and very nice). A wonderful summer blend, not like suntan lotion, and not the 'coconut rum' scent that often goes plastic on my skin. I don't get coconut from snow white, and so this doesn't smell like snow white to me at all. Which is just fine, as snow white went wonky on me after it aged.

My only complaint is that it only lasts a few hours on me--a very understated scent that fades quickly. But its thoroughly enjoyable while its there.

in the bottle: whoa, super sweet and strong tropical floral!

wet: ah, here comes the coconut! Nice fresh coconut, and the florals are still there giving it a fruity pina-colada vibe. As it dries an herbal, medicinal note is coming to the fore. Almost like eucalyptus? Or maybe just mint-like? I see some reviews saying 'pine' which I don't get, but it's along those lines. Frothy and cold indeed.

dry: unfortunately so far the complete drydown is very faint candied fruity-floral with a bit of fresh coconut. Not enough vim and vigor for me.

Tiki Princess is growing on me slowly, but I am still leaning towards selling my bottle. If aging changes the drydown this is such an interesting scent I think it will be a keeper.

I *love* the coconut in this, especially in the bottle. It really does smell like a frothy, sweet, frozen coconut drink, and it does smell a lot like Snow White, but with the coconut amped up. While Snow White smells a little like frozen vanilla-coconut, this is frozen COCONUT(!), if that makes sense.

It's all coconut in the bottle and then the floral comes out more on my skin. It's a pleasant floral, though, and not perfumey or sharp on me at all.

Tons of sweet coconut cream and hints of warm, breezy, tropical floral. It does smell warmer and not quite as awesome on my skin, but it's still really nice, and I might need a backup bottle of this ^_^. I'll prefer this as a fragrance for my scent locket, since the florals amp up on my skin, but it'll still be a scent that I reach for a lot, I think.

Whoa sharp! Ozoney sharp!.

I only got one of the Tiki Blends when they were LEs (the blueberry one). It had the same fizzy ozone thing going on that this one does. I could swear there is lemon or some other citrus here, it's that sharp. Maybe something herby?

I barely smell the coconut at first, but it does start to come out after a few minutes. You still really have to know to look for it, though.

Underneath everything is candy sweet tropical flowers. I actually wish I could smell these more than the ozone.

I don't smell any similarities to Snow White, which makes me a sad panda.

This smells like a coconut/pina colada version of Snow white. I can see why others love it. It is definitely tropical in feel. However...it's not for me. And I am so grateful to EDEN SIXTH DAY for letting me try it! :wub:

This one reminds me to a more summery Snow White. Cool coconut, brush of tropical lush florals. It's a little too coconutty for me, but I am not a coconut fun and even I'm delighted at how pretty this is.

In imp: Now this is one nice scent. Creamy coconut and flowers, mmmm, exactly what I was hoping for!

Wet: Faint and delicate, much like Snow White, which I will agree with the consensus on - Snow White and milky coconut. Reminds me of Obatala at this stage, with the same faintly aquatic-coconut mix.

Drying: There's the flowers! They just jumped in front of coconut to do the can-can in my nose. Or the hula, I guess, more appropriately. Coconut is a background note now, so here's hoping it comes back out.

Dry: Flowers and coconut but fading fast, I'm afraid. Unfortunately it's very like Snow White in that respect as well - a lovely scent with almost zero throw and a very quick fade rate. If it had a bit more throw I'd happily rank this one above Obatala and make it my new go-to coconut scent, but unfortunately the weakness of the scent makes it less awesome. Sorry Tiki Princess, you're just a little too much a damsel for me. Still, 3/5.

Snow White? Really? I'm so glad I didn't read the reviews before buying a bottle, because I absolutely hated Snow White, but I love Tiki Princess! I actually get a sort of menthol-coconut smell out of this -- the tropical flowers are just there as a pleasant afterthought. Definitely a perfect summer scent. Very soft and feminine, lightly sweetened and creamy.

The Holy Grail of Coconut has been found. :wub2:

I smell like delicious sweet coconut (Coco Lopez!) and creamy tropical flowers. What more can I say? It's love at first sniff...and I'm buying backup bottles on my next order.

Ugh. I am NOT a Snow White fan. And this smells very similar to Snow White. I will keep it for a bit longer, and hope for the best, but I have a feeling this will go live somewhere else soon.

A bit disappointed...this is very much coconut, which I love, but it's not very complex...I was hoping for something like Snow White, but I get a kind of one note, plastic coconut from this...