Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
samarablackcat

Tiki Princess

TIKI PRINCESS
A frothy, cold coconut perfume, pure and sweet, with gentle wafts of plumeria, pikake, and ala ala wai nui.

What a surprise, getting this so quickly! *squee*

This is fresh out of the mail, so no time to rest. I get coconut predominately, with a whisper of florals underneath. I don't get any Snow White references, but I don't get coconut out of Snow White anyway.

It reminds me more a cool, frozen coconutty drink, the glass icy and slippery. So refreshing! Coconut is not normally an ingredient I am a fan of, so I am delighted to have a blend that works. it takes me away to a tropical paradise, lazing in the sun, gentle breeze blowing with a cabana boy fetching my cocktails.

A must have for coconut fans, and this is a perfect scent for hot, humid, muggy summer days.

I feel that this is softly aged Snow White with a breath of warm, lush, tropical florals in the background. As it dries down, the gorgeous flowers come out a little more. It's mostly coconut, through.

I really like this scent, it's summery and pretty. :wub2:

first sniff from the bottle, i got straight up coconut - but on my skin, there's more going on - this smells a lot more like obatala to me than snow white - though a slight mintiness emerges (i think this is the ala ala wai nui - which i think might be in the mint family...) and this hints at the cool frothy thing, - i actually think this is a warm coconut smell, like coconut oil on skin, in the sun. the flowers are super subtle and natural. this really does have an "island" feel, in the best sense of the word - the coconut and warm island breezes, with a hint of flowers in the breeze - not perfumey or artificial - i would say though, that you must be a fan of coconut to enjoy this scent. and it's definitely in the same family as obatala.

Edited by AliBabble

In bottle: sugared booze

On skin: lots of sweet tropical flowers with a watery coconut base

Half-hour later: less sugar from the flowers, with nicely sweetened coconut behaving in the background

In conclusion: I really like that this is more floral than coconut. Coconut is one of those elusive notes that I think I'll love (even suntan oil scents) but what I buy never jibes with what I imagine I want. Like Obatala, which ends up either plastic or sour. This, however, is light and pretty. I need to slather this one though.

In the bottle: Cool coconut with light tropical florals

Wet on skin: I love the Lab's plumeria note and it's fantastic here blended with the same coconut-type note from Snow White

Dry on skin: The florals deepen and blend beautifully with the coconut. One of the floral notes--I'm not sure which one--is similar to guava or passionfruit.

Tiki Princess smells like the lovechild of Snow White and Cheshire Moon. Since those are two of my favorite BPALs, this is a big hit with me. It was very light on me and faded after about 4 hours on the first skin test (most BPALs last all day on me). It will be perfect for the hot, sticky summer that is bearing down on us.

How refreshing! I'm so glad I ordered this one. I almost didn't because of the coconut component. I associate coconut with suntan lotion & as I avoid the sun at all costs, I didn't want to smell like suntan lotion.

This is straight up fresh coconut. I only smell coconut & it's very strong. It smells really pretty. :joy:

~

Mmmm....cool, sweet coconut. I really like this! I think that the coconut in combination with the soft, creamy florals does lend itself to the Snow White comparison. This has a more tropical feel, however, possibly due to the coconut being the focus (no vanilla as I get from Snow White), and the more tropical flowers. This is very lovely. Soft and sweet, and perfect for summer! Thanks to beth and the labbies for getting htese out so quickly! I am stoked to have my Princess in time for our beach vaca in a couple of weeks!

bottle: delicious, watery coconut.

wet: i don't think this smells at all like snow white, though i did get a coconut/floral vibe from snow white, this is closer to obatala. this is soft, watery young coconut, not the old shredded stuff. the florals make this bright a sunny fresh.

dry: this just lasts and lasts and lasts. still bright coconut, vibrant florals and that sweet watery feel make this a new favorite. i think i see a back-up bottle in my future.

Wow! I was on the fence about this one-it sounded like one of those scents that I might love...or utterly dislike, since coconut is a smell that I can go either way on. However, I'm definitely glad I took a chance on this particular scent, as I love it! In the bottle I get a very strong coconut, with only a hint of florals (it's not a fakey/plasticy coconut to my nose, however)...but once the perfume oil goes on, I get more of the florals, with the coconut being there, but more as a supportive scent. It smells to me like what a tropical island paradise should smell like.

This is a must have for coconut lovers! The coconut is not very creamy, it's like icy coconut milk. The florals stay in the background but I do get wafts of plumeria (one of my favorites) and a little pikake, I'm happy they're well-blended and not sharp. I do get a similarity to Snow White but this is a lighter, cooler, refreshing, tropical summer version of it. It's the perfect summer scent! :heart:

I will be needing a few more bottles!

OMIGOSH. By far, my (NEW) favorite BPAL scent! Sweet, lusicous coconut, blended with a sugary floral. HEAVENLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear... I hate to be a downer, but this smell like cheap pina colada on me. I don't even get florals - just some coconut, fruit, and booze. Such a shame! (The comparisons to Snow White are telling because Snow White doesn't work on me, either.) Glad the Princess is getting more love from others!

This is just :wub2: for me, pure and simple! Starts out a soft coconut with some florals, dries to a rather strong pineapple-y coconut then finally settles for a close, soft and some how bubbley coconut :joy:

Wet: Coconut with a bit of a spicy herbal edge. The florals come out more as it dries, but it still smells herbal to me. I can see how Beth described it as "cool" - it feels almost minty.

Restesting this 5/19/12 to decide whether or not to keep it: I really like the sweet coconut here, but that spicy herbal, almost dry-woody, note is still here and I'm not fond of it in this blend. It kind of gives me a headache. I think this just doesn't work great with my chemistry, alas.

Edited by sunlitgarden

This came in the mail yesterday. I should probably let it rest a while before reviewing, but whatever. I'll edit this if it changes.

In the bottle: Whew! This is NOT Snow White coconut - that stuff goes sour on me. But it's not Obatala-type, either. Slightly candy-ish.

Fresh on: Oh. Um. I've never known the lab to use this coconut before. I know it from other etailers. I shouldn't call them "lesser" etailers, but they don't have the complexity of bpal. (Does anybody?)

Drying: Still that same coconut, but with very occasional wafts of flowers. The coconut is clear and cold but a touch creamy. There's a dusty quality to this. The throw - what little there is - is pretty, in a 'young girl who wants to wear perfume but not her mommy's sexy stuff' way. I never get much in the way of flowers. Just slightly fake coconut.

If you were to decant this into an amber shortie sans label and ask me to guess where it's from, I'd never guess bpal. Let's hope it ages into something gorgeous.

This smells like coconut sunblock, like Hawaiian Tropic, if it was perfume -- it's a perfumey sunblock, sunblock with tropical flowers. Pretty nice, and not icy at all (thank goodness).

Just got this in the mail. It's about eleventh billion degrees here in VT so the oil in the bottle is somewhat uncomfortably warm. Oh well, time to slather anyways!

Tiki Princess is gorgeous. It's sweet, juicy coconut with heady plumeria and jasmine. I love coconut and plumeria more than jasmine yet all three of them blend so well together in this. I slathered it all over my wrists and neck and now I am lazing about in a tropical haze. You know now that I think about it this reminds me of a coconut scented lotion that I used to be quite fond of when I was a teenager. That Creamy Coconut lotion from Bath and body Works. I won't use that stuff anymore due to the high chemical content so I'm glad I have Tiki Princess to fill that coconut void!

Nice work Beth :wub2:

Tiki Princess starts off with light coconut and something leafy-green and slightly spicy - I'm guessing that is the ala ala wai nui. The greenery fades and I get light florals and coconut over a base that very much reminds me of Snow White, which makes me very very happy. :wub2:

ETA: Now that the Princess has settled in, I get less greenery and floral and more coconut.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

Cold and frothy coconut is right!!! :wub2: :joy: This is so incredibly delicious and refreshing. This is NOT suntan lotion coconut, this smells like fresh coconut cream. This is the real stuff. As it dries, it warms up a bit and the tropical blooms come out to play. This vaugely reminds me of Velvet Tiki, I like Tiki Pricess a lot more though.

A wonderful summertime scent. This makes me smell sunkissed (despite my staying out of the sun.)

I feel like a tropical beach goddess.

LOVE this! :wub:

Wet it was all COCONUT!

Dry, it turned into more of a COCONUT! and a little floral

For me, this wasn't quite foody but it also wasn't quite suntan oil. I'd classify it somewhere in between. The perfect summer coconut scent! 9 hours after I first applied it, the coconut has faded away but the barely-there floral scent is still going! Love this one, and am so glad I got a bottle!

This is totally Snow White's fun, beachy, Hawaiian hapa cousin named Beach Tan. She is exotic and fun loving. Beach Tan will wake up at six am to go surfing, cut off the boys and then team up with her friend to do a tandem headstand for a final ride on the waves. Beach Tan has long, shiny, wavy brown hair that is highlighted from the sun. She lives in a bikini with a tube dress coverup and flip flops. She always smells like the summer version of Snow White, softer, warmer with a hint more coconut than her cousin. She is light and fun and perfect for warm, summery adventures.

Tiki Princess is one of those scents that goes on light and strengthens as it dries. While it's wet it's more plumeria (or flowers)than coconut, with the coconut coming out more as it dries. It doesn't last very long on me, but some aging might help that. I'll be giving it an all day test wear to work today and might update this later.

Tiki Princess was not quite what I expected, which is actually a good thing. I was thinking 'girly' pink, which this is not. I find this to be a bit of a 'naughty', princess with secrets. It's far more grown up than I thought it would be, and not all that sweet. This is kind of a raw, not foody coconut, but becomes a bit sweeter as it dries. I think it's the same coconut as Death Adder. This does kind of remind me of Velvet Tiki without the pineapple, and less sweet. I may just pick up a bottle of this.

Tiki Princess reminds me so much of my beloved imp of Snow White '07 (which is my favorite of the SW vintages). The main difference is the extra hit of coconut you get when it's wet- it's soft, though, and doesn't turn sour or strange on me. The tropical flowers in the background make this really feminine and pretty. It's like soft, snowy, coconutty flowers. It has lasting power and decent throw.