Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Raspberry liquor, cranberry juice, gin, mango pulp, and a mint garnish.

Sweet raspberry gin, with just a hint of mint. It smells just a little fizzy, but not much. It smells cute and summery.

I really like these fizzy summer scents, though this one isn't as fizzy as some others that I've tried (Velvet Pink Kitty, Spinning Metallic Pinwheel). Still, this is a fresh raspberry/cranberry blend. I can't say that I get the mint at all, well maybe a touch. This will be nice when it actually gets hot here.

In bottle: Surprisingly dry. Cranberry and gin dominant with raspberry second. The mango lends a touch of the sweet. Mint is barely detectable. Wet: I’m not a juniper fan, so I’m surprised at how well the gin is playing with the berries here. It’s still cranberry dominant. Actually, it’s mostly cranberry with the raspberry and gin in support. I did not expect to like this but I do. It’s a nice, bright red summer scent. Dry: There is more mango on the dry down, shifting the balance into something just as interesting, but completely different. I’m not picking up the mint at all, which is just as well. Consider this an all around pleasant surprise.

First on, it's a fruity, fizzy drink that's not too sweet, as I had feared. I'm doubly surprised by how much I like it because raspberry is my least favorite fruit.

And then it dried down to fresh, breezy . . . play-doh.

ZOMG red. So good. The raspberry scent I've been dreaming of for a few years now but haven't been able to find. I know I smelling mostly cranberry, too, but it is delicious. So good. A must try for berry people :)

In the imp: Fruity!

Wet: Fruit with a hint of booze

After a few minutes: Fruity with a bit of.. soap?

More skin time: Fruity soap. Juniper, which is a part of gin, doesn't play well with my skin and that's where I think the issue is. Well, that and everything else should work really well on my skin. :P

It's even giving me sort of a soap-taste in my mouth. Blech.

In the bottle – A sweet and tart drink.

Wet – Sweet red fruit and booze. Basically the same as in the imp.

Dry – Now some mint is coming out (just a little) and I mostly smell cranberries. The smell of the gin has become less intense.

Overall – A fun, sweet smell, but I don’t want to smell like I spilled my drink on myself. Guess this is going in the swap pile.

Rock on, Tiki Bar. Every single one of these has been a winner for me, and Red Tide is no exception. This one is lusciously red, crisp, with a slight hint of booze.

Another 'go to' summer oil for me! :wub2:

Somehow, I was expecting this oil to actually be red. It's not, though. Just a very light yellow. In the imp I get a tart raspberry/cranberry and juniper/gin. It's actually not boozy on me. With the cranberry and the cool juniper, this is actually reminding me of a winter/Christmas candle, instead of a tropical scent. I like it, but it seems like the wrong time of year to wear it (spring, at the moment.)

Mmmmm... yum. I just wanna drink all of these while chilling out on a beach they're all so good! :D

Someone mentioned before this is like red blue fire which made me want to try this.. and YES!!! It really quite is. It's brilliant!
sweet red berries with a lot of fuzzy gin thrown in, but I barely detect the mint. Great blend. If I ever find a bottle somewhere I might just jump at the chance. :wub3:

I bought a partial bottle of this from a member because I thought it sounded really nice and even more importantly: UNICORNS.

First Sniff Impression: Oooh, sweet and fruity. It's like a Cosmo.

Wet in Vial: I can get the red fruits, and a freshness probably from the gin and mint.

Drying Down on Skin: It's definitely boozy, the raspberry liquor being the most dominant note so far. There's something else that's not raspberry or cranberry, so it's probably the mango. The freshness of the gin and mint keep this from getting sicky sweet.

Dry on Skin: This got really, really sweet in bewteen drying down and a few hours later. Basically turned into raspberry lollipops. But after a few hours it did chill out to more of a raspberry tea smell, so the gin and mint came back.

Conclusion: I wasn't a fan of the middle period of this where it was just too sweet and overpowering for a couple hours, so I'll be passing this imp on to my cousin who loves the Atomic Luau scents.

imp: Tart, bitter, boozy?

Wet skin: :wacko2:

Drydown: I'm so sad. It just kind of fizzed off into oblivion and isn't really anything. Just a gentle fizz with a faint pink sweetness. Was hoping for more bang. Sadface.