Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

POLYNESIAN POP
Ginger ale, white rum, and a squeeze of orange.

As advertised: fizzy ginger ale spiked with orange juice and rum. I think I would rather have this as a real drink, but it's nice as a scent. Stays true to itself from beginning to end.

It's amazing to me how this scent is actually tickly on your nose - it's a fun sensation when you open the container. This scent is definitely just as described: fizzy ginger ale, rum and sweet-tart orange. I also get a distinctly caramel smell that I think is from the rum.

This is definitely a drink that I would order on a tropical vacation!

I'm definitely getting the brightness of the ginger ale and the white rum with just a touch of orange in the bottle. On my skin, it's ginger ale and the rum first and foremost, with a touch of orange again. We'll see if this turns. And there it goes. The ginger ale and the orange goes nasty on me, sadly. And yet another one off the list.

Edited by Venneh

This smells like really good ginger ale in the bottle, the kind where you can actually taste the spice.

Wet, it's definitely the fizzy note that I love that a lot of the champagne blends have in common, also in Geek.Goth. The ginger has a slight spicy bite to it, and the orange is light and bright and more orangina than orange juice.

It stayed pretty true as it dried, with that fizzy real ginger hanging on. I find spice notes can fade on me, but not this one. If you like bubbly and fizzy blends and don't mind smelling like something drinkable, definitely try this one. It ended up being my favorite of the tiki bar ones that I tested.

Fizzy gingerale with a fat wedge of orange and strong booze. Very effervescent with a moderate mineral smell. Not something I'd wear as a staple but a fun pick me up!

This is Geek Goth on a tropical vacation! Polynesian Pop has the same fizzy soda-champagne base as Geek Goth, but with lots of rum and a hint of orange instead of lemon-lime. Its bubbly and fun and very summery. :)

LOVE this. Really gingery ginger ale, so fizzy that you expect it to bubble right out of the imp! The orange is fresh and bright, and the rum gives this a bit of a heavier base so it doesn't fizz right off of your skin. It's a happy, perky tropical blend and even with the rum note, not overly alcoholic-smelling. Win!!

When I was younger (and much more vain and foolish), I used to use an orange-colored tanning gelee (Banana Boat, I think) on my skin before sitting out by our pool. Polynesian Pop smells identical to that product, but unfortunately, like the other Luau scents, it doesn't last very long on the skin.

I think that this is my favorite of the new Luau scents. It smells so sparkly, fizzy, and sweet, and reminds me of Sprite. It's like Sprite mixed with sweet orange juice and awesomeness <3. Something in the drydown reminds me of the cool vanilla-ish note in Black Opal as well (which makes this like fizzy orange creamsicles on my skin, but better and less foodie than that sounds). The blend is sweet, but not cloying at all, and I just love the fresh fizziness. This doesn't really smell boozy on me either.

Bubbly, sweet, refreshing, and playful :wub2: . I'm going to be getting a full bottle of this in my next order.

This smells like fizzy soda in the imp. On me this smells like Vernors (ginger ale). I love to drink it, but I'm not sure if I want to smell like it.

First, I have to say, I love the labels on the imps for the Tiki Lounge! The fact that they come with the art on them is pretty awesome. They're so cute!

In the imp: Ginger ale, 100% with that fizzy note BPAL does so well. Smells more like ginger ale than Playing With A Loaded Gun does, to me, since that one was more of a bitter ginger and this is sweeter. Must be the orange.

Wet: Really interesting. The ginger comes out strong and almost musky in its spiciness. The orange has been relegated to a background note.

Drying: There's the orange again, peeking out over the ginger. Fizzy orange right now, and sweetening as it dries.

Dry: The ginger and orange continue to fight for dominance as the strongest note, but it's an excellent combination. Now I know what it smells like! Orangina! It smells EXACTLY like Orangina, just with a touch of ginger to go with it. If you've never tried the fizzy orange deliciousness that is Orangina you should go out of your way to find some. But that is exactly what this scent is - fizzy orange. When it fully dries down I finally get a touch of the rum I was looking for, which grounds the scent a little. All in all it's very summery, not particularly boozy, and fun, clean, and citrusy fizziness. A total pick-me-up scent. I love it! Not sure if I need a bottle of it, but my imp will do nicely. 4/5.

Edited by Whisperstilled

imp: fizzy ginger ale.

wet: this smells like ginger ale with a very, very strong dash of orange bitters in it.

dry: this is a bit too sharp for my taste. while i normally love citrus scents, this is a very bitter orange one dry.

I will always be impressed with how certain parts of notes are captured in these oils: the ginger ale fizzes not only in the imp, but well past drydown! I could smell it and its bubbles well over 6 hours after putting it on, and I personally feel that this is the staple of the whole Atomic Luau Lounge collection. I'm going to order this one in a 5ml because the prospect of smelling like a fizzy orange drink is too exciting for me to pass up.

Of the Lounge, this is the one I was most looking forward to as gingerale is my favourite drink, and it's great mixed with orange juice.

This is nothing like that, at least not early on.

The orange here is more like orange rind, very bitter. Bitterness is enhanced by the bite of the ginger.

Now, several hours later, it's sweetened up a bit (which my chemistry tends to do) and smells more like gingerale and orange juice.

Neat to try, but not really wearable.

I get sweet orange juice and ginger ale out of Polynesian Pop until it's completely and totally dry, and then the orange goes to pith. I can't find the rum but I'd guess it's why the orange turns bitter.

Fizzy & bubbly. Citrussy ginger ale with a hint of boozy rum. It's slightly sweet although kinda spicy and bitter. After drydown the orange is the standout note.

For all of you that have lost out on Geek.goth, fear not. Polynesian Pop is basically orange Geek.goth. It's got the same fizzy, sugary note as Geek.goth courtesy of the gingerale, and instead of lime it's orange. Actually for an orange, it lasted about 30 minutes which is really a record on my skin. As it dries, I get more of the rum coming out but the fizzy gingerale holds and some of the spicy ginger is coming out dry.

Bubbly, refreshing and really, I am surprised at how well this is. Loving the fact that it is a GC and thus, very available to everyone.

This smells EXACTLY like the description says The ginger ale note is DEAD on. :thud:

I smell like cold, fizzy ginger ale...and orange...and booze. Yep, exactly like the description. This reminds me of a spicy Golden Wave.

Yep! Another winner! :wub2: I want to drink this AND wear it as a perfume. I LOVE ze Polynesian Pop :)

In the imp: vaguely fizzy

Wet on wrist: I get an ever-so-slightly fizzy sensation of a scent, and a hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiint of orange. This is super, super light; no throw so far

On the drydown: Alas, it's just so light, I can't really get a good feel for the scent. I was hoping my skin would love this, but it seems like it's not meant to be.

In the imp: Orange juice and fizzy ginger ale.

Wet on skin: Heavy on the orange juice with a splash of ginger ale.

Dry: Very boozy, there is that rum and this now smells like a really sickly-sweet schnapps, oh no!

After a bit: Like orange juice concentrate and very faint.

Slightly coconuty, actualy. While wet there is a bit of a celery note; when dry the ginger ale comes out more. Never any rum or orange for me. A bit of a waxy smell, like a candle. A warm, sweet, light smell - like the sticky remains of a soda can.

Polynesian Pop - By far the best of the Luau Lounge scents, IMO. It's sweet and fizzy. It doesn't smell boozy at all, it's mostly an orangy, fizzy, sweet scent. It stays true throughout the life of the blend on my skin. It also has a nice level of throw and lasts quite some time on me, for a sweet scent like this. It's at the top of my bottle list.