Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Reshipments: to clarify...

Hello, hello! :P

I just wanted to let you know that my Imp's Ears arrived yesterday!Beth, I am OVER THE MOON!!! Thank you soooo much and for the extra Ears too, I'm loving Lust!! Ooh, and I love Dragon's Blood, Snake Oil, Fae....wonderful stuff!

I hope things are gradually picking up for you and all your orders are received by all soon, so you can relax a bit! Hell knows, you dang well deserve it!!!

Thanks again!!

ViolentKitten (Lisa, Sydney, Australia)

So... when can I get myself an assembly line?

ROTFL!!! I'm surprised you're not hiring people off the street! "Can you tie tags? Can you work a pipet? Hey you!! Can you screw on caps?!"

:P

So... when can I get myself an assembly line?

Haha you could easily start a BPAL camp. Promise us free perfume is we fly out to LA to work in the lab. We'd sleep in sleeping bags on the floor. It'd be good for especially busy times of the year. We'd be like Santa's elves.

I would TOTALLY do this!!! I'm due for a vacation anyway and would love to go back to L.A. Plus, I'm an actual, card carrying chemist (I work for Dupont). Ooooh, can I work the distillation aparatus??

I'll be the one pacing back and forth in front of the shop with the sign that says "Will work for BPAL perfume."

ROTFL!!!

Oh, I just got an email saying that my order has shipped. I am thrilled! My first instinct was to respond with a thank you, but I realized the last thing she needs is frivalous email... So I will just say thank you right here! (i swear I almost started dancing around my office...silly me..) Edited by Pandorra

ROTFL!!! I'm surprised you're not hiring people off the street! "Can you tie tags? Can you work a pipet? Hey you!! Can you screw on caps?!"

:D

Ebony, I know this sounds silly, but... so many people I've hired haven't been able to do these simple things! I'm not going to launch into a litany of grief here [no matter how tempting!] but it's taken me over a year to find someone who could affix a label straight, fill out a customs form correctly, cut labels without butchering them, fill orders without screwing them up. No joke!

Once the shipping snafu is completely behind me, I need to hire more people. :P

I wish I lived there or you lived here. I am so TOTALLY sick of being a Dupont lab rat, I would literally RUN to come and work for you!!

I did some color work on the side for a tattoo artist here in the Buffalo NY area, formulated all of his new line of inks and then he SKIPPED TOWN ON ME!!! By the gods, would I love to work for a nice, honest person doing something I love. And as for Dupont, it's gotten so damn big that we mean almost nothing to anyone here. My job is in R&D coming up with new colors and aesthetics for Corian (you know, the solid surface countertops) and last year I got my first patent. I had to pay for the plaque myself!!!! They wouldn't even buy me the stupid wooden plaque to display my patent!!

Gees, sorry to rant. I'm a little...jaded. :P

Should I panic yet?  Mine was supposedly sent out on the 29th of Feb and its not here yet

CCNow said mine went out on the 29th as well. :P

I got notification that it *really* went out yesterday. Yay!

LOL, "Jaded." Ooooh, is that a scent?? I would wear it every day.

Hey, you know... we should make a 'Jaded' scent.

I mean, Ted looooooooooves Aerosmith. >:P

Gees, sorry to rant. I'm a little...jaded.  :D

pmsl-I used to have 2Jaded on my license plates. Now it's Disenchanted. :P

Hey, you know... we should make a 'Jaded' scent.

I mean, Ted looooooooooves Aerosmith. >:D

Maybe Steven Tyler would donate his sweat.

Oh....ewwww.

Edited by ebonykawai

:D

Ebony, I know this sounds silly, but... so many people I've hired haven't been able to do these simple things! I'm not going to launch into a litany of grief here [no matter how tempting!] but it's taken me over a year to find someone who could affix a label straight, fill out a customs form correctly, cut labels without butchering them, fill orders without screwing them up. No joke!

Once the shipping snafu is completely behind me, I need to hire more people. :P

Beth - did you get any of my emails wanting more info about the job? I thought I'd at least get thru that email before the gentle let down about not getting the job :D

But I also know you have screwy email, and busy PM inbox, so I thought I'd check in thread.

If its better for you, I can call you to talk about the job anytime after 4 PST.

[if you can't tell, i'm really desperate for a job when i move to increase my chances of not living with my boyfriend's mother]

Edited by lizzieborden

Lizzie, I'm going to email you again in the morning when my brain is working properly. I'm all fuzzy and weird right now, and I think I may possibly stop making sense any minute now.

Ugh. Ate yellow curry too late, and it's making me a little queasy...

*<3's Elizabeth*

I just got the delivery confirmation email. I'm a very happy Amber! :D I was fretting that I wasn't going to get it in time for my birthday and now I probably (*eyes USPS suspiciously*) will!

YAY!

February 4th order just arrived on E. Coast - said shipped 29th of Feb (CC Now) but actually I think was shipped on 10th of March - so to the other ladies in waiting, things are happening...

To Elizabeth: thank you SO much for all the samples. I am right now out of the country but dear Sedge emailed me to let me know what I'd received. I can't wait to get home and try everything out. My project while I'm away: looking for an appropriate box to put everything in.

So glad things are happening. I haven't gotten any confirmations yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Unless Elizabeth's computer decides that it never wants to speak to AOHell again...

Vita,

on pins and needles

I SHOULD have both my order and my swap today. Damn. But the company mail came by already with nothing. I wonder if they make an afternoon trip to the post office and then pass out outside mail the day after. *sigh*

my parents' office's postman actually forgot the box when he made the original mail delivery and made a special trip just for mom because he knew she was looking forward to it! :P

ah. Maybe I should be friendlier and let the company mail carrier know I am expecting. Yes. tomorrow I shall say something!

Oh, I just noticed that everyone is completely moodless today..hmmm...

Edited by Pandorra

I would just like to add that an order I placed in early February got fucked up and Elizabeth was amazing in getting everything straightened out. It turned out that it was definitely a problem with CCNow sending me the improper ship date (seems like it might be their Modus Operandi?), but our Lab Goddess was typically goddesslike in investigating the problem. We love you, Beth! :P

Edited by twistygirl

I mean, Ted looooooooooves Aerosmith. >:P

Hey, then TED ROCKS!!! Say what you will about Aerosmith, but this Rock Whore loves them to pieces. Great guys, and you have to give them all the credit in the world for being Survivors in the first degree. And Joe Perry is a God...

I'd dig a "Jaded" scent... the song is really well-crafted, plus that's one of my fave Aerosmith videos, Mila Kunis is gorgeous in it and it's nice in a really kind of commercial-yet-dreamy way. And even though it's far from my favorite Aerosmith song, I'd like to imagine what a "Love in an Elevator" scent would smell like, hahaha.

There's a topic for the "Suggestions" sub-forum... "Aerosmith-inspired scents"

Then again, don't even get me started on any "rock-band inspired scents," because I could run with that one like a freakin' crazy person.