Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Juushika

BPTP (Hair Gloss, Atmo, Bath Oil) to BPAL Similarities/Reccs

Lizzie- Maybe it's just my skin (I pull patchouli and rose) but Fredric could be pretty close? I love Fredric(I don't go a few days without wearing it) and when I received a decant of The painted Rose atmo I was more than happy with it because of the similarity!

There are obvious differences, Fredric is: a reluctant seaman’s chypre sloshed with a mix of bay rum, patchouli, amber musk, dark woods, tea rose, and red currant. On me I do get the Bay Rum but it's pretty tame, the red currant and tea rose really blend well and the patchouli leaves a beautiful dry down!

But to me at least, it smells pretty similar! If you can hunt down a partial or decant it might be worth a try. It's more feminine than you might think. Don't let the bay rum scare you off!

This is just my experience! I hope you find something that fills your need! :)

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

Lizzie- Maybe it's just my skin (I pull patchouli and rose) but Fredric could be pretty close? I love Fredric(I don't go a few days without wearing it) and when I received a decant of The painted Rose atmo I was more than happy with it because of the similarity!

There are obvious differences, Fredric is: a reluctant seaman’s chypre sloshed with a mix of bay rum, patchouli, amber musk, dark woods, tea rose, and red currant. On me I do get the Bay Rum but it's pretty tame, the red currant and tea rose really blend well and the patchouli leaves a beautiful dry down!

But to me at least, it smells pretty similar! If you can hunt down a partial or decant it might be worth a try. It's more feminine than you might think. Don't let the bay rum scare you off!

This is just my experience! I hope you find something that fills your need! :)

I just noticed this now, and wanted to thank you for the rec! I wouldn't have thought those could be similar, and Frederic was not on my radar as something I wanted to try. It's on the wish list now! Maybe it will satisfy my need to smell like The Painted Rose. :D Thanks!

Does anyone know of anything similar to down the rabbit hole? I got it as a freebie and love the clean dirt vibe

the worm moons have the dirt note with a layer of elegant perfume (maybe a lily note??).

goofballs has the dirt note with a tuberose-flower layer

zombie has dirt and roses

burial has dirt and flowers

penny dreadful has dirt and cookies

yorick also has dirt with other notes

the lab's etsy has the classic graveyard dirt scent listed, which you could then layer other perfumes of your choice!

Thank you for your suggestions... came here just for that. I asked BPTP and they suggested zombi, and I don't feel it is similar to the DTRH atmo spray... I purchased it and it's actually my least favorite scent. I have to checkout Graveyard and Penny Dreadful. I just got Yorick as a frimp in today's order, and I definitely recognized the dirt in it. I have to try it soon. :biggrin:

Does anyone know of anything similar to down the rabbit hole? I got it as a freebie and love the clean dirt vibe

the worm moons have the dirt note with a layer of elegant perfume (maybe a lily note??).

goofballs has the dirt note with a tuberose-flower layer

zombie has dirt and roses

burial has dirt and flowers

penny dreadful has dirt and cookies

yorick also has dirt with other notes

the lab's etsy has the classic graveyard dirt scent listed, which you could then layer other perfumes of your choice!

Thank you for your suggestions... came here just for that. I asked BPTP and they suggested zombi, and I don't feel it is similar to the DTRH atmo spray... I purchased it and it's actually my least favorite scent. I have to checkout Graveyard and Penny Dreadful. I just got Yorick as a frimp in today's order, and I definitely recognized the dirt in it. I have to try it soon. :biggrin:

DTRH has that beautiful blast of orange, which to me is a happy-maker.

goofballs is a similar happy effect: check out the new motherhood and lilith scents to see if any have that dirt note as they will likely be happy and light hearted smell.

worm moon has the dirt with flowers, but is more serious and pretty. different from zombie.

the unicorn perfume, silence of the woods, has dirt in a foresty setting.

you might need to creatively layer to really get the same vibe, or just love and use DTRH for the unique beauty that it is.

Any recommendations for a BPAL oil similar to Cushing Manor atmosphere spray? I love it!

Any recommendations for a BPAL oil similar to Cushing Manor atmosphere spray? I love it!

cushing manor is so good! well, maybe puddin has more accidental perfume labels and can throw some bottles on etsy??

the woods and booze in that scent remind me of some of the event exclusives.

warm boozy bottles: miss fanny phippany, bear in the cellar, brown thrasher

(maybe dew drop inn and tammany free and easy but they are also atmos)

sordid and unpleasant activities layered a carnation

I love the carnation in cushing manor; bpals with carnation that I like:

laura belle mcdaniel would layer nicely, but she won't cut it as a sub.

season of forgiveness? nice and warmly masculine?

leo 2016 is the warm desert garden of cushing manor (for the carnation and the warmth, no booze nor woods!)

grooming scene is the a soft, silky and feminine scent. perhaps the version of femininity that edith rejects for herself.

hudaskellir is a blast of christmas air at the manor

do you have an imp oF prurience? that came up in a lab site search for carnation.

Edited by annemathematics

cushing manor is so good! well, maybe puddin has more accidental perfume labels and can throw some bottles on etsy??

the woods and booze in that scent remind me of some of the event exclusives.

warm boozy bottles: miss fanny phippany, bear in the cellar, brown thrasher

(maybe dew drop inn and tammany free and easy but they are also atmos)

sordid and unpleasant activities layered a carnation

I love the carnation in cushing manor; bpals with carnation that I like:

laura belle mcdaniel would layer nicely, but she won't cut it as a sub.

season of forgiveness? nice and warmly masculine?

leo 2016 is the warm desert garden of cushing manor (for the carnation and the warmth, no booze nor woods!)

grooming scene is the a soft, silky and feminine scent. perhaps the version of femininity that edith rejects for herself.

hudaskellir is a blast of christmas air at the manor

do you have an imp or prurience? that came up in a lab site search for carnation.

Thank you, I've been wanting to try Prurience. I need to find the right whiskey note to layer...

Anything like the Lady in Black atmo? "Opulent gilded red musk and ivory-encrusted vanilla with orris root, smoked amber, red patchouli, and red oudh"

Anything like the Lady in Black atmo? "Opulent gilded red musk and ivory-encrusted vanilla with orris root, smoked amber, red patchouli, and red oudh"

the recent event exclusive Mrs. Valentine

Lacy white vanilla, mallow flower, white sandalwood, sweet oudh, and a drop of red musk.

I didn't even think to compare The Lady in Black and Mrs Valentine. There is quite the similarity! Though my bottle of Mrs. Valentine is a bit more powdery (kind of 'old lady' like) than The Lady in Black, which is sweeter.

Is there a hair gloss to perfume thread out there? I am having trouble searching and sifting on mobile.

You can talk about that here. I've broadened the topic title to include these additional discussions.

^thanks so much! I feel so dumb. I've posted here before and must have forgotten about this thread!

I could not find it anywhere when I was on mobile!

In topic:

I've fallen in absolute love with Portrait of a Young woman with Unicorn. Are there any perfume oils similar to it?

Notes: Vanilla crepe de chine, ruby musk, golden amber, frankincense, honeyed saffron, smoked cardamom, sweet orange, star anise, and bronze fennel.

I love it but really, I don't know what exactly it is about this (aside from the red musk, which I already love) but it has become a solid favorite for me. I suspect it's the Vanilla crepe de chine note?

Any recs on an oil that smells like Young Man with Long Hair? "Chestnut and mahogany with black coconut, vanilla, and a drop of tobacco absolute."

What does everyone feel is closest to Shiny Furball? Notes of Himalayan cedar, vanilla musk, lavender, black clove, honeyed coconut, fir balsam, and juniper berry!

Edited by Fury

Looking for recommendations as to what BPAL oils might smells like the atmosphere spray Bathing in Cold Water. Every time I hear the name I think oooh, and then I see the notes and i'm like OMG!! but then I see it's an atmo spray and I just can't dig that.

I would really like to hear about any similarities to perfume oils but i'm not opposed to bath oils or even hair glosses if there's a close one (hopefully bptp to bptp similarities are also ok in this thread!)

Looking for recommendations as to what BPAL oils might smells like the atmosphere spray Bathing in Cold Water. Every time I hear the name I think oooh, and then I see the notes and i'm like OMG!! but then I see it's an atmo spray and I just can't dig that.

I would really like to hear about any similarities to perfume oils but i'm not opposed to bath oils or even hair glosses if there's a close one (hopefully bptp to bptp similarities are also ok in this thread!)

Autumn Coolness shares a couple notes ' "Autumn Coolness - The scent of wisteria, Cymbidium, lotus blossom, and cassia buds drifting on a breeze through gently swaying bamboo reeds"

Or maybe Consoling Pussy of Horse Face Mountain - Tuberose incense, blue wisteria, and oakmoss.

Or you could just get the atmo and spray it all over your clothes, as many do, thus wearing it as a personal scent.

I don't know if this will help, since it's an older fragrance and no longer at the Etsy BPTP, where I snagged it, but These Were the Four Loves Faded has a very similar vibe to my nose as BinCW. Both are cool, damp florals with tuberose. I'm guessing "queen of the night" refers to jasmine, so they both have that note too.

Also, you might check out Bayou from the GC. It's mossier, but it's definitely got a languid, damp floral thing going on, and I'm pretty sure it's got some jasmine in the mix.

Edited by VetchVesper

Autumn Coolness shares a couple notes ' "Autumn Coolness - The scent of wisteria, Cymbidium, lotus blossom, and cassia buds drifting on a breeze through gently swaying bamboo reeds"

Or maybe Consoling Pussy of Horse Face Mountain - Tuberose incense, blue wisteria, and oakmoss.

Or you could just get the atmo and spray it all over your clothes, as many do, thus wearing it as a personal scent.

Oh, i love consoling pussy (XD)! It was the first bpal i tried that made me love tuberose, initiating a mad search for all tuberose scents. And autumn coolness sounds so beautiful, i think it's on my wishlist but if not it def is going on.

And i would not have thought to do this with an atmo, that sounds like a whole new avenue of possibility is opening up...

I don't know if this will help, since it's an older fragrance and no longer at the Etsy BPTP, where I snagged it, but These Were the Four Loves Faded has a very similar vibe to my nose as BinCW. Both are cool, damp florals with tuberose. I'm guessing "queen of the night" refers to jasmine, so they both have that note too.

Also, you might check out Bayou from the GC. It's mossier, but it's definitely got a languid, damp floral thing going on, and I'm pretty sure it's got some jasmine in the mix.

Omgggg, four loves faded sounds so gorgeous. I LOVE putting old unattainable things on my wishlist so thanks for that rec. I'll have to snag some bayou somewhere and then test it against CP.

Thanks to those who answered! Much appreciated!

Oh, i love consoling pussy ( XD)! It was the first bpal i tried that made me love tuberose, initiating a mad search for all tuberose scents. And autumn coolness sounds so beautiful, i think it's on my wishlist but if not it def is going on.

And i would not have thought to do this with an atmo, that sounds like a whole new avenue of possibility is opening up...

They're totally fine on cloth, I spray my sheets and scarves all the time. Not gonna lie, I have sprayed myself before too. And my hair. Spray all the things!!

That's good to know cause there's this one atmo spray Orchards of Hell and every time i read the note list i'm like ZOMG then i see that it's an atmo spray and i'm like aw, just cause personally i don't use stuff like that. I assume it's the bpal equivalent of febreze, which i would absolutely not douse myself in

I just received my bottle of Cabbage White Caterpillar HG and I am hoping that there is a bpal oil that smells similar since i don't ever want to run out of this scent.