Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Juushika

BPTP (Hair Gloss, Atmo, Bath Oil) to BPAL Similarities/Reccs

Mrs Palmer's smells divine--any suggestions for a matching perfume? I like how soft the leather is and how strong the vanilla is.

Check the reviews-- I remember seeing a few comparisons. I believe Black Lace is one of most common comparisons. I find it similar, but the atmo definitely has a heavy hit of bourbon.

Can anyone compare Mahogany hall atmo spray to Bloody Bannister?? are they at all similar? I love mahogany hall, and would love to find a BPAL oil equivalent!

I answered my own question: Dionysia from Carnival Diabolique has a very Mahogany Hall feel!

Okay, I am now dying to find an oil like Doc Constantine's Medicine Show. LE, doesn't matter. Send recs quick, I adddddddddoooooooooooooore this scent!!!

Tzi

Okay, I am now dying to find an oil like Doc Constantine's Medicine Show. LE, doesn't matter. Send recs quick, I adddddddddoooooooooooooore this scent!!!

Tzi

I don't know of anything that smells just like it on its own, but I would bet that Jolly Roger layered with Laudanum would be pretty darn close.

Ok guys, we need to find an equivalent to House of Unquenchable Fire! Implacable Beautiful Tyrant Hair Gloss is very complimentary, but I want a perfume too (and a bath oil, candle, and anything else.) In the meantime, I am spraying HOUF all over my clothes (but worry about staining)

I know I'm not alone in adoring these scents!

Ok guys, we need to find an equivalent to House of Unquenchable Fire! Implacable Beautiful Tyrant Hair Gloss is very complimentary, but I want a perfume too (and a bath oil, candle, and anything else.) In the meantime, I am spraying HOUF all over my clothes (but worry about staining)

I second this for the house!

Hi guys,

I am looking for a perfume from BPAL that is similar to the Trading Post's Gertrude Dix's Home and Linen spray, describer as: White magnolias, vanilla orchid, and a cascade of champagne. Thanks so much! ;)

Hesiod's Phoenix.

Hesiod's Phoenix.

Oh yeah!!! Hesiod's Phoenix is definitely the one. :wub2: La Lugubre Gondola is my 2nd choice, but Hesiod's is even closer.

Hesiod's Phoenix.

Oh yeah!!! Hesiod's Phoenix is definitely the one. :wub2: La Lugubre Gondola is my 2nd choice, but Hesiod's is even closer.

Now if only I could find a bath oil that completes the layers of gorgeousness! Today I'm wearing Hesiod and IBT with Unhappily Ever After, and while they play nicely together, UEA is quite strong and definitely has its own voice that changes the song from the basic silky vanilla resins.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a perfume from BPAL that is similar to the Trading Post's Gertrude Dix's Home and Linen spray, describer as: White magnolias, vanilla orchid, and a cascade of champagne. Thanks so much! ;)

I love Gertrude Dix, but I don't think there's anything really like it on the perfume side. The only flower + champagne blend I'm aware of is Champagne & Roses. Champagne & Party Hats if mixed with your favorite magnolia/gardenia flower blend might be closer. Of course, the trick then is, those Champagne + ____ scents aren't always very easy to come by. :-/

Any recs for Burning the Blue Dark Round their Moons? I'm obsessed with it. Icy honey, blue musk, and chamomile.

Does anyone know of anything similar to down the rabbit hole? I got it as a freebie and love the clean dirt vibe

the worm moons have the dirt note with a layer of elegant perfume (maybe a lily note??).

goofballs has the dirt note with a tuberose-flower layer

zombie has dirt and roses

burial has dirt and flowers

penny dreadful has dirt and cookies

yorick also has dirt with other notes

the lab's etsy has the classic graveyard dirt scent listed, which you could then layer other perfumes of your choice!

Trying here. Anything similar to Whiskey, Candlesmoke, and Musk??

Venustas has that wonderful candlesmoke thing happening. Perhaps try layering it with something boozy like Mr. Nancy?

So I am contemplating ordering Revenant Rhythm everything from the Post...but wondering what perfume oil I would pair it with from the Lab. I just wondered, is anyone who has both seeing similarities between this and Ask The Nearest Hippie? I don't have Banshee Beat, and feel l don't have much chance of getting it either.

So I missed the boat on the very limited edition bottles of Crimson Peak atmos that were made into perfumes, which upset me greatly as I spray Lucille's Room on my clothes on a near daily basis and a perfume version would have made my life complete! I've tried wearing it on my skin but it lasts for all of 5 minutes before vanishing completely. So I am wondering if anyone has a rec for a similar perfume version of Lucille's Room? Notes are:

A room of cobalt hues, shadowed, with walls adorned innumerable pinned butterflies and moths. Lilac water, fossilized black amber, lily of the valley, violet leaf, and oakmoss.
What I get most from it is the oakmoss, a note I never knew I enjoyed so much until smelling this, so I guess I'm looking for an oakmoss heavy scent, but one with some pretty florals in there to keep it feminine. If anyone can help me out I'd be eternally grateful!

So I missed the boat on the very limited edition bottles of Crimson Peak atmos that were made into perfumes, which upset me greatly as I spray Lucille's Room on my clothes on a near daily basis and a perfume version would have made my life complete! I've tried wearing it on my skin but it lasts for all of 5 minutes before vanishing completely. So I am wondering if anyone has a rec for a similar perfume version of Lucille's Room? Notes are:

A room of cobalt hues, shadowed, with walls adorned innumerable pinned butterflies and moths. Lilac water, fossilized black amber, lily of the valley, violet leaf, and oakmoss.

What I get most from it is the oakmoss, a note I never knew I enjoyed so much until smelling this, so I guess I'm looking for an oakmoss heavy scent, but one with some pretty florals in there to keep it feminine. If anyone can help me out I'd be eternally grateful!

The Last Unicorn (Frosty lilac petals, iris pallida root, orris, violet leaf, white chocolate, coconut, wild lettuce, white sandalwood, and oakmoss) or The King's Daughter (Lilac musk, sandalwood, sweet pea, watermelon accord, pale woods, elemi, and oakmoss) might be good ones to try, since they both share oakmoss and lilac notes with Lucille's Room. They could be difficult to find, though, since the lab isn't selling them at the moment, and they may or may not be too sweet or floral.

Other blends I suggest you look into, where the reviews say the oakmoss stands out, are:

The Sleeper: Night-blooming jasmine, opium poppy, wild rosemary, Calla lily, oakmoss and crypt musk.

Faiza, the Black Mamba: Black amber, caraway, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger.

Les Infortunes de la Vertu: A pain-tinged, pleasure-soaked blend of leather, oakmoss, orange blossom, amber, and rose with a breath of virginal French florals and a hint of austere monastic penitential incense.

Parthenope: Honeysuckle, orris, moss, musk, benzoin, oakmoss, and star jasmine.

Whirling Wind Moon 2009: Swirling dark and airy musks, mogra, plumeria, hyacinth, lily of the valley, dry white sandalwood, gardenia, pale amber, and oakmoss.

Nightmare: Black currant, black orchid, lavender, black dammar, myrrh, oakmoss, champaca flower, and mandrake root. (This Nightmare, not this one.)

Alcie: Just a hint of gorgon blood: bright nectarine, honey, sandalwood, green musk, sea buckthorn berry, and oakmoss.

And some others that also have oakmoss and florals, but from reviews seem lighter on the oakmoss:

Fae: White musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

La Primavera: Plum blossom, tuberose, oakmoss, violet leaf, jasmine, ylang ylang, lemon peel, orange blossom, and lemon peel.

Lune Noire: Black orchid, jonquil, white pear, white amber, gardenia, olibanum, champaca, sweet clove, tonka, oakmoss, and blue musk.

Whirling Wind Moon 2013: Same notes as the 2009 version, but the reviews say it's balanced differently and the florals are more prominent.

Veronica: Arum lily and Florentine iris with pomegranate, red amber, ylang ylang, blackcurrant, and oakmoss.

Revisiting Scenes of Past Delight: White melon, oakmoss, bergamot, apple blossom, Italian mandarin, Florentine iris, nutmeg, and white musk.

Lily, the Prostitute: Heady blossoms of jasmine, white gardenia, and magnolia sharpened by neroli, given a voluptuous depth by red patchouli, oakmoss, and cedar.

Beauty, The Aggrieved: A white rose draped by a delicate, pale, sheer veil of vanilla, the depth and darkness of her black lace embodied by tobacco absolute, Indonesian patchouli, Bulgarian oakmoss, frankincense, white sandalwood, and myrrh.

And, if you can happen to track down a bottle or sample, since these were discontinued a long time ago...

Virgo (Celestials): Apple, white musk, rose, narcissus, oakmoss, patchouli.

Taurus (Celestials): Oakmoss, rose, sandalwood, ylang ylang.

Fée: Vanilla, sunflower, carnation, honeydew, peach blossom, lychee, oakmoss and white tea.

Privilege: Armoise, tuberose, white citrus, rose absolute, oakmoss, tiare, tuberose, vanilla, linden, and lemon tree blossom.

I am IN LOVE with The Painted Rose Atmo spray (Rose, Sugarplum, and Patchouli).

To me, the rose and patch are dominant, and the sugarplum (which I never would have been able to identify if it wasn't listed) just adds some sweetness and general juicy, fruitiness to the scent.

Since I received this spray, I have been looking for a good rose/patch perfume with some sweet fruitiness, but haven't found one. Any recs welcome! I am not afraid to hunt down LE's either. Thanks in advance!