Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

GHOUL HOOLIGAN
The smell of smashed gourds and seventeen-thousand football-frenzied ghouls tanked up on Kadathian Spiced Black Tar Cacao Lager.

Oh wow, RED HOTS + chocolate + ginger.

First I have to say that my sister loves all things zombies/ghouls so I will have to hide my bottle from her.

When I first dabbed this on my skin, I instantly thought of a chocolate harvest scent. The red hot candy scent is very dominate on my skin with a chocolate background. Thankfully, I don't get any lager. I was a little worried about that.

I really like this. The shirt is cute btw. :wub2:

In the bottle: CHOCOLATE!!!! Good chocolate, like Godiva chocolate and pumpkin with spices.

On me: OMG this is sooooo wonderful!!!! Orgasm in a bottle :yum: ! It is similar to Milk Chocolate Coconut Cardamon Rum and Ginger truffle but more halloweenie. So good I just bought a back-up bottle.

YUM! Chocolate & spices! I don't get any lager either, except maybe to make the chocolate a "deeper" scent. I get a lot of spice, definitely ginger and cinnamon. This is delicious!

Who knew that sweaty drunken ghouls smelled so unbeliavabley good?!!!

Cinnamon an choclate, this kind of smells like Christmas !

A Quickie review of Ghoul Hooligan: (My First! Woot!)

In the Bottle: Chocolately Goodness and something spicy.

On me wet: CLOVES! OMG the CLOVES!

My Son 14: You smell like a waxy Pumpkin Candle.

My Daughter 17: You smell like Michael's (Craft Store) in October.

Dry down: Still cloves. Lucky I adore pumpkin pie and spices.

After a few hours: Still clove to me, floral smelling to my friend.

I like it, but it's a Fall Smelling Scent with all that Pumpkin Pie Candle and Clove I am getting. It's a Keeper! Loved the shirt logo too!

13456_434937955699_506860699_6255871_4423313_n.jpg

Edited by Nytshaed

This smells exactly like a type of cookie my aunt bakes! They're dark, bitter cocoa with cayenne pepper, and they're so weirdly delicious.

Well... that's what Ghoul Hooligan smells like at first-- what it's probably supposed to smell like-- and then my skin morphs it into something vaguely dirty and icky after about 10 minutes. I guess I'm amping the sports fan ghoul funk.

Man, I wish it stayed in that initial stage. Would be good in a scent locket (which I don't have).

Ghoul Hooligan smells like dry cocoa powder and raw pumpkin and spices. I don't like the wet stage but it does dry down rather well on me. It isn't an overwhelmingly chocolate scent, really spicy or foody. There is a touch of musk that lingers on dry down with the spices and soft cocoa and makes this all work together nicely. A lovely scent.

Bottle and wet: Straight up chocolate

Dry: the cinnamon comes out. agree with the comment about christmas. This is a chocolatey cinnamon. As it wears on, the chocolate mellows out more and takes a back seat.

The throw is pretty decent. I only put one dab on my arm and I keep getting some big whiffs of it.

I mean, this is straight up chocolate/cinnamon goodness. I want to eat/drink it. There's no other way for me to think to describe it.

In the bottle, this smells like spicy chocolate; on my skin, this is really spicy chocolate with pumpkin and maybe a beer note, either way, YUM.

In the bottle: Chocolate with some spices. Good lord, but this is yummy!

Wet: The chocolate is turning into dry cocoa powder. I think there's some chilies in there, with those spices.

The dry-down: I like this in the bottle better than on my skin, so I'm thinking I'll have to put it in a scent locket. This pretty much stays the same on me from start to finish. I like it, but there are other chocolate scents from the Lab that I like better.

I got this hoping it would mainly smell like chocolate stout and tar. Instead, it smells like CINNAMON with some chocolate and a little tar.

Wet, it's tons of cinnamon, like a red hot candy, backed by a liberal amount of pumpkin. It's the fresh, sweet, watery variety of pumpkin, as was in Pumpkin Smash! Unfortunately, like Pumpkin Smash, the tar note is far too weak for what I apparently long for. I can barely pick it out as a dark grittiness grounding the whole scent. There is a strong chocolate scent also. I suppose the pumpkin note is stronger, but chocolate is just so recognizable that it seems to dominate.

As it wears, the cinnamon fortunately fades a bit, and the pumpkins gains some ground as a result. Some of the beeriness comes out, with the cinnamon no longer drowning it. The tar also becomes a little more noticeable. So, it becomes a tiny bit less foody, but it's still rather dessert-like. It's like dessert with a hint of dark incense.

In short, I'd call this a heavily spicy, deep chocolate blend lightened by pumpkin but grounded by smoky tar.

:yum:

Oh my Cthulhu.

This is sooooo yum. It reminds me of some kind of cookie- a snicker doodle, only chocolate. I seriously can't get over how good this smells. I thought I would hate this because chocolate turns to melting plastic on me but this is a dry chocolate and almost a fudge scent. The spices are very Autumnal but not in a harsh potpourri or Xmas way. I'm going to give it a few days before I make my final decision but I might have to vote team Ghoul instead of the Cats... :P

In the bottle: Dark, dark chocolate

Wet on application: Dark chocolate, pumpkin, and spices

A few minutes later: Why hello Red Hots (which I hope go away)

15min later: Yay the Red Hots have died down a bit, but are still a bit overpowering

Later: Other scents fade away leaving only cinnamon

Personally I think this would be better without the cinnamon because it always seems to overpower everything (or maybe I just amp it).

Wet: Dark Chocolate.

Dry: Bitter, Funky Dark Chocolate with something burnt. Verdict: Meh! :huh?:

Spicy chocolate! This, my friends, is what Russian chocolate smells like!!! This isn't milk chocolate and it's not tooth aching sweet either, however nor is it a dry dark chocolate but something in between. Sadly, no gourds but I'm quite happy anyway.

Sadly, this one just didn't work on me at all. When I read all these reviews that talked about awesome chocolatey goodness, I couldn't resist! And yes - I get chocolate from it, but it's a weird kind of chocolate that's completely overwhelmed by everything else in the blend.

Ghoul Hooligan reminds me of all the Mother Shub's blends I've tried - it's foody and rich, but completely wrong for me. I get something that smells like rancid nuts and stale beer - it's pretty nasty. Have you ever cleaned up after a party when beer's been spilt on the carpet and the whole place just reeks? If so, then you know the smell I'm talking about. There's some spices in here, and I can also pick up the pumpkin-y smell, but as with the chocolate.. those are both completely lost under the overpowering nuttiness.

Perhaps I got a rogue bottle where something went a bit funky, because my review seems so out of whack with everyone else's.. but I actually had to wash this off, it was making me feel a bit sick.

In the bottle, this smells like a mess of dark sweetness (like cinnamon brown sugar, maple syrup, sugared nuts, and chocolate). I figured that this would be way too sweet and/or way too heavy on the spices, so I'm surprised that I actually love this scent. I was also worried that "smashed gourds" would turn out to be bpal's buttery pumpkin note, but I don't get anything buttery like that here.

I have trouble with cinnamon blends going too sharp on my skin, but this is a sugared, dark, soft cinnamon. I don't think that it smells like red hots candies at all (I hate red hots candies); this is smoother and softer, and doesn't have the sharpness of red hots. Something about this scent is like a background of dry, sugared wood notes as well (maybe the dark chocolate giving me that impression). It's not overly sweet or overly spicy. I find this very dark, smooth, and wearable. It screams fall to me, but I'll wear this all year 'round.

This scent is so cozy and wonderful. I'm going to need at least one more bottle, though a little dab of the oil has tons of throw and staying power on me.

Ghoul Hooligan is my favorite of the Underworld Cup scents. Love it. :wub:

A lovely rich scent in the imp, all burnt coffee on me. My theory is that the Hooligans were so... hooligany that they distracted the barista, which ended up ruining this pot. Disappointing :(

I received this as a frimp and didn't even know it was BPAL until I Googled it. :type:

This actually reminds me of a spicy version of Arcana's Little Ghoulie. Like pumpkin muffins with dark chocolate chips spiked with a blast of cinnamon. Maybe I was originally put off the idea of this scent because saw the word "tar" and my brain went "I don't want a rubber tire..."

But everyone here knows that I'm a total foodie, and this was right up my alley. I love spicy, baked scents and this was quite nice and lasted a few hours.

From the vial it's chocolatey and beery-bready-funky. On skin a spice note… cinnamon perhaps… emerges, and the beery-bready-funk is something like the background of Pumpkin Smash. I guess that would be the smashed gourds. With cocoa. I dunno… this isn't really something I want to smell like, and I can't quite decide if I like it [mmm chocolate] or am nauseated by it [hate the pumpkin note]. Not really a fan of the beeriness either. This is just kind of weird. As it dries the cinnamon-spice gets stronger, the chocolate goes and takes some of the funk with it, and what is left is an impression of cinnamon beer.

Not really my thing.

My oh my, how do I love these ghouls! In the decant it was chocolate boozy spicy and once it got on my skin it was CINNAMON and chocolate. Yummy! Instant love! Like a Mexican hot chocolate almost. As it dried and morphed, the cinnamon and chocolate ratio changed. It went from mostly cinnamon, to half-and-half, to mostly chocolate. A definite winner for me. I have to get a bottle!

After aging, I find it to be too heavy on the cinnamon for me, sadly. To swaps!

Edited by brilliantcat

Powdered cocoa and Necco wafers with some walnut overtones. The dustiness fades down and the nuttiness amps up. It's almost a cinnamon now.

These ghouls are deliciously mischievous, swilling mugs of spicy chocolate ale and smashing pumpkins on each other's foreheads. There is ghastly celebrating and haunting defeat in every sniff. Really, this scent is super fun and I love it to death. I really hope there is an occasion where I can wear this out, but even if it never comes up, I will be keeping this around for a long time just so I can remember how much fun I had with the real World Cup. A room scenter for sure!

As soon as I saw someone had described this as Mexican Cocoa I knew I'd probably like it. I've discovered I'm not much into chocolate scents, but I feel like I need a good one to mix with my resins in the winter.

So, yes, this is chocolate and cinnamon (maybe a few other spices to add depth). It's simple and yummy. When I smell it on my skin it actually smells warm! Good throw and wear length! It never went bitter and it stayed as much chocolate as spice. Thus, I ordered a bottle.. it will replace Greatly Revered Ones (which has never sat super well with me anyhow...) as my "chocolate" blend of choice :D