Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AmandaArcana

Cykranoshian Catnip

This Saturnian herb possesses a deep mossy scent that, when crushed, emits a vapor redolent of woody oranges.

Woody, slightly orangey musk. Very masculine. I was hoping for a lighter scent, but the catnip is ominous.

It probably the catnip that the Yule Cat likes to frolick around. Instead of mellowing him out, it's like an HP potion, except for its evilness.

Yes, this is the catnip for evil kittehs.

Meow meow!

In the imp this is a very strong, sharp woody musk to my nose. Very masculine.

On my skin the sharp (almost headache-inducing musk) mellows out into something a lot more pleasant. This is now herbal, slightly sweet and musky. I'm not detecting anything overly citrus or orange smelling, the fruit note just adds a hint of sweetness to the perfume.

As it dries the musk amps....it's still very masculine on my skin (and not in the way I like masculine scents either). I can't decide if I like or hate this scent. Very odd.

Sharp and woody oranges. I expected the woods to soften this a little bit, maybe round it out, but that's not how my skin interpreted this. Astringent even.

This is surprisingly soft. In the bottle, it's a lttle sharp, but on the skin, it's a soft orange and sandalwood kind of scent. Maybe moss, I don't know. It's nice, but I think ultimately, not for me.

This is such a bizarre scent! I really expected it to be much more green and citrusy, but then it went on like a rich green tea or chamomile, instead. It’s very strange and standoffish, not quite relaxing or soothing, like you’d expect it to be. On the plus side, everyone that smells it has a tendency to lick their lips afterward. I’ll take that as a good sign!

Strange. Orange and rosemary? a little harsh, and the woodiness read as almost-pine to me. I actually like pine, but this wasn't for me. Oh well, sad...

ITB: It's herb, but a warm herb and a touch of resin alongside the orange. It's actually rather pretty.

Wet: I can pick up a minty catnip, an odorous, almost smoky wood, and the scent one can catch of oranges in the next room.

Dry: After 12 hours, I don't get much other than a faint herby musk. Once reapplied, it's woodsy and smoky muddled with mint and refreshing catnip and just a hint of orange. Gorgeous!

Very mossy. The oil even has a green tint to it. It's not unrelentingly mossy -- there's something sweet about it as well. I kind of expected to hate this, and I don't. At all. There's a peppery-ness to it that reminds me of R.M. Renfield, which I used to have a bottle of and enjoyed at home, but I didn't wear it in public because I thought it was a little too bold for me. I feel the same way about this one, but I think it would layer with some other oils very nicely.

I received this as a PIF from an absolutely lovely BPALer. I am loving it! On my skin it smells like smouldering catnip incense. It's not overpowering and I own nothing else like it, which is a treat!