Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

ICDX 14 (label printed as just ICDX)

Chocolate and nutty grain(s), like amaranth or barley as in Dana O Shee; a creamy, sweet, foody scent with good complexity.

On the skin: Huh, definitely a hint of cocoa, but not the main note by any means. There is a sweetness in here as well that reminds me of... well, I can't really put my finger on it at the moment. It reminds me a bit of this fior di latte gelato I used to love when I was in Italy. This scent is very unique and I wish I knew what the notes were!!

This scent really is complex. So many flavors it seems. I feel like I could sniff this an hour from now and smell something different.

Hint of cocoa, but then it ends up smelling alot like Narkissos on my skin. Smoky, masculine narcissus, deep green stems, hint of nutty grain.

ICDX – This smells like cherry cordials – you know, the chocolate-covered cherry-in-a-sweet-cream-cordial that you buy in the box at Christmas time. I loooove this scent! Sadly, it goes terrible on my skin, but that’s typical for chocolate on me. Still, if I had more of this, it would make a gorgeous room spray or scent locket fragrance.

I have to agree with ZeeZee on this. This is more of a floral blend than anything.

Initially it starts with a blast of chocolate and cherry but the cherry immediately starts to fade, being replaced with what I thought was violet but may be narcissus (another point I agree with her on). The chocolate is still there but only in the background, adding a richness to the floral. I also get a bit of pepper or something like it.

In decant: chocolate, coffee, and...uh, flowers?! This is a weird scent. I get white and/or yellow flowers as the floral notes.

Wet on skin: aaaand yup. Chcoolate, a bit of coffee, and some bright florals, with a touch of citrus. It's a bit weird, although it may be just my nose not knowing how to process the scent, exactly. As it dries, the chocolate note is getting noticeably fainter on me, and the florals more pronounced. It's almost too "bright" but the chocolate is tempering it well. This is quite an interesting blend.

Dry: well, dry, the chocolate seems to have quite disappeared! Looks like my skin is the culprit here--going from very chocolatey in the decant, to just plain almost-sharp yellow flowers. There is still that chocolate note lurking in the shadows and giving it a sort of richer feel, but not remarkably so, and there is a slightly sour note coming up for me, too, again likely something with my skin chemistry being the issue.

Verdict: initially I thought this might be a keeper, but the drydown is too weird for me, especially seeing how it's so different from the decant scent--it will likely be too volatile a blend for me. So, pass.

Daffodils. Real, fresh daffodils, a salad of baby greens, and chocolate malt-o-meal cooked with almond milk.

This is all springtime garden and comforting childhood foods.

This is the strangest combination of scents, and yet, it totally works. I dare you to smell this and not be happy.