Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

Strawberry Moon v4

Sweet, rich strawberry, almost jammy, a little cloying with something dark in the distance, maybe some musk, or black amber. Overall, just a lot darker than I expected, not at all like either released version in any significant way (other than that all have a strawberry note, but in each the strawberry note is different). This does have very good longevity, and it barely morphs at all on my skin from the bottle scent.

Honestly, this was not anywhere near being on my "to buy" list, but everyone in our car ended up going home with one. The strawberries in this are SO juicy and realistic, I was in love with it on my skin. It actually turns slightly spicy and a little bit powdery on drydown, making me wonder if there's the tiniest bit of amber in this? Just an incredibly gorgeous scent.

I have the original Strawberry Moon as well as the 2009 version, and I wondered which version the prototype would be like - the answer is neither! I hadn't planned on buying this, but it's so juicy and sweet that I could resist it. It's rich red berries with a touch of amber. Gorgeous.

From the bottle this blend was not like the recent incarnation of Strawberry Moon that was like fresh strawberries with that realistic green scent from the leaves on top. I would liken this one more to the original which I wasn't particularly a fan of because the Strawberry seemed artificial. This prototype reminded me of a strawberry scented children's hair detangler that I used to use when I was little. Not really like fresh strawberries, but more of like the smell you get in a pack of strawberry bubble gum.

I really agree with Midnight Aeval on this one. This was artificial candy strawberry plus drugstore musk all the way. After a while, it went sharp and plastic on my skin. Ahh, well.

I get solely the smell of the strawberry itself. No green in this at all for me. Just a juicy ripe strawberry.

Strawberry Moon v4 - This is the same thick, jammy strawberry that's used in the Mother Shub's She-Goat Chocolatier Truffle: White Chocolate, Strawberry, and White Pepper. It's completely unlike the strawberry used in either release of Strawberry Moon. I don't smell any notes other than thick, gooey, sticky strawberry jam. It's delicious! :yum:

Juicy, jammy strawberry. It is the same lush strawberry note as in White Chocolate, Strawberry and White Pepper. There's some musk and/or amber.

Out of all the strawberry blends this is the one that smells the least like a Strawberry Shortcake doll.

That being said, it still sort of does.

I like this more than either of the released versions of Strawberry Moon. It's not as artificial and cloying as the original and it's not green like the 09 version. I agree that it's closer to the realistic strawberry note in the Truffles (which is a strawberry note that I happen to love), but maybe a little sweeter and more candied. It's mostly a lovely ripe strawberry smell on me, though. The drydown is a little like strawberries dusted with baby powder, so there's probably some amber in here turning powdery on my skin. The powdery edge gives it more of that strawberry scented dolls feel for me, but I still like this. It's girly and pretty... I'd probably try to get more of this if I didn't already own a dozen bottles of White Chocolate & Strawberry <3, which I still prefer for a strawberry scent.

I agree with the other reviews saying this is a very jammy strawberry. On me there's something in this that just smells lush and boozy, it reminds me of strawberry ale. The sillage on this one can't be beat! I've yet to find another perfume that lasts as long on my skin, 5+ hours with minimal fading.