Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Significantly different from released version, but very similar in feel; very foody, a richer cakeyness, more liked aged Eat Me, not as brightly fruity as released version. Primarily simple, rich cake without much if any buttery tone.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I mean, I already know that I love regular Eat Me, so I figured I might also love this. I think that the fruit is different here -- wildberries instead of currents, maybe? And there's an additional almond/amaretto scent to this. Love.

I was almost scared to try this because Eat Me is by far my favorite GC scent ever! I have gone through quite a few bottles over the years. A very kind soul sent me a sniffie of Eat Me v6 & while it's nice, Thank Goddess it's not better than my precious GC scent. This version definitely smells like there is almond in it. On my skin, it's cakey with almond-likeness but on the plasticky side.

For once I'm not cursing my skin chemistry that I don't have to try to find a bottle of this and I am so glad Beth went with the version that is available now. :joy:

Got a tester of this; there's definitely a strong, dry cake note here, and some berries. On my skin, this translates to cake with a hint of berries. Nice, but not anything that I think I'll need to go out of my way to find.

Eat Me v6 - This is a kajillion bazillion times better than the GC Eat Me, which on me, is completely destroyed by the stinky black currant. This prototype version is awesome, though. The only real foody blends I tend to enjoy and can wear are those that are loaded with rich, white cake and this is definitely delicious white cake, but there's a thick layer of amaretto running through the cake, and it's so incredibly delicious. What a great combination! If this had been released as the GC, I'd undoubtedly wear it regularly and consider myself a "foody" scent lover.

The released version of Eat Me is one of my favorite perfumes (at least in my bpal top three - and maybe my favorite bpal ever). I think that it's brilliant and unique. I love the bold, fruity, sweet black currant and the rich, heavy, creamy cakiness of it. I find it to be darker, sweeter, heavier, and more cakey than this prototype version.

Released Eat Me is like dark black currant jam and the most delicious, rich, white cake and frosting with an edge of something like dark incense.

Eat Me v6 is like a croisant/breakfast pastry with bright cherry jam. It actually smells like a less buttery and less rosy The Knave of Hearts on me, or a bit like a less spicy Crumpet Rebellion with cherry jam. The foodie/pastry side doesn't smell like cake at all to me. It's not sweet enough to be cake and has a sort of golden, toasted quality to it. And the scent dries down to almost all fruity jam smell that's a bit too fruity-sweet for me.

I love the released version and think that it's more unique and interesting than this blend is. The released version is more complex and wearable for me, where the cherry/fruity jam of this one is almost cloying and too simple for me as it dries down.

Edited by Little Bird

Eee-I am so excited to try this. Was frimped it-Eat Me is one of my favorite GCs and one of the first bottles of bpal I ever bought! Can't wait to try this proto!

Oh wow, definitely different from the final version. No currant in this, and like the other reviewers, I get an almond note. Sort of like marzipan. Basically smells like a dry almond cake.

Yep! Definitely a dry, very sweet, almond cake. I once had a gluten free almond cake made for me-this is totally what it reminds me of! Sort of dry and crumbly sweet almond cake! Yum! I don't think I can think of another bpal quite like this one!

As it dries, it does get a bit of an odd platic-y note it did not have while fresh and wet. I only notice it from up close though. From far away it is a super sweet almond scent. Dries a bit less cakey, but definitely still foody.

One thing that amazed me was how long this blend lasted. I went to sleep and the next day could still smell a sweet cake scent on my hand.

I am thankful I do not love this as much as my beloved Eat Me, however it is a fantastic foody blend and I can't think of another bpal like it! Dry sweet almond cake? Yum!

I think Suu said it best--a crumbly almond cake made with lots of butter, a bit reminiscent of Irish soda bread since it has that toasty, slightly vanillic scent, but richer. It's a dry cake in the sense of smelling like a dense cake without a lot of moisture but not dry in the sense of making you thirsty like, say, uberdry sandalwood. I don't sense any red currant here, just the crumbly buttery cake and sweet almond. It's different from the released but I find them both equally yummy.

Edited by Invidiana

:wub2:

The GC version really does not work on me. The black currant does not like me and ends up smelling sort of cat pee-ish. This is a totally different story. Vanilla nutty cake on, it is rich and lovely. The nut vibe going on is completely seperate from the almond that I get as well. The almond is that clean sort of almond and lends a lovely background upon which this rich, vanilla nut cake rests. Lovely winner for me.

I was VERY worried about this when I opened the bottle. It was straight-up almond extract like Ghoulish was, and I felt I was going down that road again. Almond and I are mortal enemies. :(

Then...it changed into a delicate amaretto-soaked white cake with a red berry note. I would say red currant because it has a tanginess to it. In the end, the cake note is similar to the one in Lilith's Tea Party (which was ruined by yucky rosewater).

I can't say if whether or not I like this more than the released version. Eat Me is a little more "plummy" from the black currant (a favorite). I think the prototype has more of a cake note and the released has less cake and an incensey-berry quality.

Edited by mxtine

This reminds me of the Knave of Hearts. To me it's a spicy dry white/almond cake, and I swear a hint of rose after it hits my skin. KoT is way too rosy on me, but I'm really enjoying this, although the released version is still in my top 5 and absolutely one-of-a-kind. wub2.gif

Living in Norway proto´s and event oils are often hard to come by. However, this seemed like a cool bottle to get so when I found it on LJ I jumped on it. I have tested it three times before writing this.

In bottle: My heart dropped... Cake smash. Which I adored when it came out, but after years of cake I was tired of it and swapped my backup of cake smash.

Thank God I skin tested it.

At first: Cake... Cream... Vanilla...

On me: Five minutes in: Is this the same scent? I smell no cake, just a warm berry perfume. It is foody, but in a perfume way. We are not talking cakes but vanilla honey and fresh berries fantastic!

Proto v.s. GC: I rarely if ever buy GC bottles or imps and usually I end up with a strange imp collection from the LAB. It is funny and exciting.

What I mean is I have never been given the "best sellers" like Snake oil,Dorian,O,Eat me... You get the picture...

In a swap years ago I got Eat me and Drink me. I remember liking Eat me, but thinking it was too creamy for a GC.

This is so different I love it!

Love love love this! Sweeter and more berry like than the GC scent. Very yummy! I just had to buy a bottle!

A heavy dry cake scent, with almonds and berry filling. This particular version of Eat Me is without the rich, moist buttery feel of the released version, and while Almond rarely works on my skin, with the exception of all versions of Snow White, it really works here.

However the scent is fleeting. It lasts all of 10 minutes on my skin before disappearing in a cloud of dust.

Ick! This is a big ole almond cake on me, and it is sucked up almost instantly by my skin. I am so freakin glad I don't like this as I continually I fall for protos everyone and their aunts dog wants and can never get anymore :(

After an hour or so I am left with a wet cardboard waft on my skin.

Edited by TulaMontage

Here's where I'm at with Eat Me v6...

Things to go YAY about:

Nice rich dark fruit/berry

No cat-pee effect from the fruit/berry

Yummy vanilla-cake-o-rama

Things to go BOO about:

Nutty overload!

Overpowering fruit/berry

This is just a bit too nutty for me. And now whenever the word 'nutty' comes in to my mind, I think of that scene in the Austin Powers movie where he pours himself a big mug of Fat Bastard's stool sample:

Austin: Cor! This coffee smells like shit!

Basil: It *is* shit, Austin.

Austin: Oh, good. Then it's not just me. [Drinks]

Austin: [smacks lips] It's a bit nutty.

So yeah - everything that's good in Eat Me v6 eventually gets overtaken by the almighty nuttiness. When I can get past the nuts, I can smell a gorgeous vanilla cake and lovely rich dark red berries, but BOO to the nuts.

And I know you want to see this now, so you here go :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxD2VmZiLJ0

In bottle: foody, almost boozy vanilla. Sweet, syrupy vanilla cake with thick creamy icing. Yummy!

Wet on skin: huh. Right off, there's a sharp note that's not very pleasing, almost plasticky, vaguely lemony, slightly bitter and rather astringent to my nose. It fades as the oil dries, however. While that's happening, I can get the sweet vanilla, and a bit of the aforementioned almond. It's not as foody as it was in the bottle, but definitely smack dab in the middle of the foody spectrum.

Dry: oh no. Powder. Powder and vanilla almond cake, with a hint of the plasticky-ness, but thankfully none of the astringent. It's still quite yummy, but the powder and the glimpses of plastic quite spoil this scent for me.

Verdict: I wonder if I'll ever find a straight-up foody scent that I can wear.

Eat Me v6:

The released version of Eat Me is always on my "reach for" list (even when I should wear something else), so it was natural that I'd snatch up a prototype if I could.

v6 is less sweet than the released, drier, almost with a bitter edge. It's the unrefined take you out back and smack the tar out of you version of Eat Me. It's less complex, with only a couple of cake notes (a nut cake and, yes, the currant cake), and has a bitter berry tone to it that is out of keeping with the released version. On me, it dries down to a snarky little hint of cake and nuts with just a hint of vanilla sugar that keeps it from being too overwhelmingly bitter.

I recently swapped my bottle of this away, but I thought I should probably post a review before I forget what it smelled like.

The prototype possesses a different cake note. It is a drier cake note, which is more like a pound cake (as opposed to the white cake found in the released version). It has a sharp quality to it, which could be due to the different berry note, or a note that's kind of like an extract that would be used in a glaze. Maybe it's due to both of those factors. The prototype does not have the awesome vanilla note found in the released version.

I decided to swap my bottle because I prefer the released version, and never really reached for this one.

This is all rich buttery cake! Much stronger then Eat Me and this has no fruit note. It's all cake! But emphasis on the buttery. ;)

Bottle/wet: amaretto, almond. Like too much almond essence in a batter. Some kind of sweet fruit, something buttery.

On: fruit is more apparent. A gentler almond. It does make me think of almond cake, not cloyingly sweet. I actually think this is less sweet than normal Eat Me. The fruit does still smell like currants to me (released version has both red and black so I'm not sure if the ratio is just different?). Seems to have a low throw and is fading very quickly on me. I wouldn't say its overly buttery, but the note is faint in the background. 

Drydown: So hard to review as my skin has definitely sucked this all up. I'm left with the berry note, a bit of almond, and a touch of plastic but that actually fades out surprisingly. It's a little powdery but tolerable. 

Short throw and wear length. I guess this is going to the sell pile! I'm sad it didn't work for me. 

Rich vanilla cake and sweet berries. This scent is slightly perfumey but it's subtle and pretty without being too gourmand. I wish it was more gourmand actually! This scent would have been perfect if it was sweeter or more cakey but I am a sugary sweet type of person! I tested this against the original Eat Me and V6 has more dry cake with berries in the background.

i expected this to be somewhat reminiscent of released eat me, but it really wasn't at all.  this smelled like a buttery, lightly sweetened almond cake.  a little... stale?  so maybe it had been left on the counter overnight. the almond is pretty heavy and almost savory.  no fruit that my nose could detect. nothing to lighten it up or give it any lift, which it desperately needed. 

a solid miss for me.  i'm very glad that the eat me we know and love made it into the gc. 

Edited by MamaMoth