Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

NOT at all like the proto at Will Call that I recall, from when I tested it about a month ago; exotic/tropical fruit, nectarine or peach, maybe some vanilla, juicy ripe citrus, green musk, skin and ozone - although I didn't pick up the ozone at first, because this is a well-blended scent and ozone in fruity blends often registers as just a sort of general fruity 'zestiness' to me. This was not a sharp blend at, but bright, fresh, fruity and just the sort of thing I'd reach for on a hot summer's day to feel refreshed. I love how this is such a complex scent with so many different aspects that work beautifully in conjunction with each other. It also reminds of a lot of favourite scents of mine but it is unique bc of its complexity and bc I don't know of any other scent that blends such a variety of sweet, juicy fruits, that soft creamy vanilla, fresh musks and zesty ozone - altogether, all harmoniously! Another personal favourite from this event, as well as a scent I definitely feel is polished and totally ready for release, upon which it would be instantly purchased by many. It sold out very rapidly if I recall.

:wub2:

Re-test on skin at home, as it possible the above was a review of Tiki Princess - there was some confusion about what perfumes I put where at the Trunk Show:

Honeydew melon, spearmint, mango, pineapple (and likely other tropical fruits), papaya, the general 'crushed sugary hard candies' sort of scent I get from Candy Phoenix in the bottle, with some tart red berry like red currant or cranberry - this is really well balanced, it's sweet but also tart, candyish but also juicy, very bright and fresh with that spearmint note keeping it from being too much of a one-dimensional 'sugary fruits' scent. There's another herbal or green note, too, that's grounding this - grass, balsam, bergamot, tea? Something along those lines. I get a little bit of rosacea flare which could mean grass, or the presence of sweet floral like plumeria. There's a definite tropical-asiatic feel, so possibly some chrysanthemum and/or magnolia. This is a complex scent with a lot going on!

Still adore this! :wub2:

Edited by fairnymph

Thanks to devilot for sending me a little tester of this one!!

Tilt v4 is a tricky one to pin down the exact notes - it's a full on fruity feast! I'd have to agree with fairnymph on the ones she mentioned - I can't say that I picked up all the same fruits she did - but I definitely get the pineapple, melon, mango, papaya and something pinkish that could be cranberry.. I'd add guava and kiwi fruit to that as well. It's quite possible only one or two (or even none!) of those fruits are actually in here, but those are the things I'm reminded of when I smell this. It's very fresh and juicy, and sweet but in the way that natural fruit juices are sweet - not in an artificial candy-like way.

When it first went on my skin, there was a cloud of almost menthol-like smell around it - I wouldn't say mint as such, just something slightly mentholated.. almost like a balsam. That went away fairly quickly though.

If this ends up being released in the next Carnaval Act, I'm sure it will have a lot of fans. It's really quite delicious and it lasts very well.. I've had it on for more than two hours now and the fruit notes are still nice and clean and fresh. Overall, a very enjoyable scent and I'd grab a bottle of this if I could :smile:

CD: Tilt v4 - My nose doesn't pick up on the overwhelming fruitiness the other two reviewers note with such enthusiasm. Rather, I smell fresh, crushed mint leaf. Kind of like drinking a fresh mojito without the rum or lime. :P The mint leaf is definitely the scent of fresh-from-the-garden mint, and not the scent of sweet, candycane peppermint. It's a note I have never encountered in a BPAL blend before, or if so, it wasn't so uniquely distinct. Behind the strong, fresh mint scent there does seem to be a subtle blend of mixed fruits -- unnamed tropical fruits. I can't pinpoint any of the specific tropical fruit notes the previous reviewers mentioned, but the overall feel of the scent is very tropical. It's like eating a tropical mixed fruit salad with lots of freshly cut mint leaf mixed in. It's so refreshing and delicious that I can't stop sniffing my skin. This would make an awesome summer scent...or a fabulous winter scent when you need a tropical break from the snow and cold. Once it dries down it's fairly subtle on my skin, but I still love it. I really hope that when Tilt is released, it's not changed one iota.

This was one of the Carnaval protos I was lusting after the most, until my sweet-amping chemistry decided to have a way with it. Amping sweet notes is usually a positive thing, at least for me, but in the case that there is not enough tartness to balance them things can turn disastrous pretty quickly. Wet the first things I smelled were lemon and melon--probably honeydew--and I already knew it was hopeless. Unless there is a lot of something to counter them, both cantaloupe and honeydew go cloying on my skin. The lemon faded quickly and out came a blast of mango, which I do like in certain blends, but without enough tartness to balance it, joining hands wtih the melon the whole scent just became more and more saccharine, like a certain ubersweet aspartame-sweetened tropical gum I can't stand, until it became cloying enough to finally have to scrub off. :cry2: At least the fact that I'm out of the race means there is more room left for people who really would adore it.

Edited by Invidiana

I LOVE this scent. Invidiana was generous enough to frimp me a bit to test. It's very fruity on me, but, fortunately, I do not get melon. (Melon is one of the few fruit notes I cannot do in BPAL.) Instead, I am picking up pineapple, peach, and maybe pomegranate? And mint. There is definitely a mint note in here, but it's not overwhelming in-your-face mint.

I'm really hoping the released version is similar to this because it is :wub2: on my skin.

I definitely got a giant slap of peach on wet. As it dries, a hint of melon, some mint. On drydown, it's a sort of fruity ozoney musk. There's something oddly familiar about it that I can't place my finger on...

I love Tilt v4! First off, I smell spearmint, like Wrigley's gum, but underneath, there's fruit. Melon surely, but I can't really pick out anything else. There's a bright, almost-citrus smell--it actually smells quite a bit like lemonade to me, but more like the lemonade-flavored powdered drink mix. But that's good! It smells great! There may be some tart red currant in here, too. Oh, I'm in love! :wub2:

Edited by Gin

This, for me, is a hybrid between the chinese new year scents and the atomic luau scents. There is definitely a citrus fruit medley in this - melon for sure, but I thought perhaps lychee as well? and maybe peach? - I don't get any lemon from this, thankfully, since lemon is a note that overpowers all on my skin. No orange either. The fruitiness is complimented by a grassy, minty note. This is not the mint note from the Yule blends, but more of a "true" mint - the smell of fresh herbs. This will definitely be in rotation for the summer months.

This goes on smelling like peppermint toothpaste and fruit on my skin, but thankfully dries down to the softer, more natural mint smell that other reviewers have noted. The fruit smells sort of like watery honeydew, citrus (slightly soapy tangerine?), and wafts of pineapple to me. It smells like a summery fruit salad garnished with mint leaves, but also slightly soapy on my skin for some reason. It reminds me a little bit of Fruit Moon as it dries down. A refreshing, summery, fruity blend.

I couldn't agree more. This a fruit salad and crushed mint leaf. Kinda reminds me of Fire Pig with mint.

At first, I got what everyone else was talking about: fruit salad, with a lot of mint. This generally eased off into a more sugared-mint-leaf feel with some sort of sweet resin behind it... then to a mint feel with wood... then to a mint overtop of plastic... and then, yes, to straight plastic.

Mint is a bad note for me. Plastic I can't stand. Someone else will lovethis like I don't.

In bottle: fruity, candyish, with a fizzy champagne note. Not promising so far.

Wet on skin: okay, I think I stand corrected: is that a fizzy champagne note, or just an effervescent mint? It definitely felt like champagne in the bottle, but on my skin, it's straight mint that is leaning towards the toothpastey kind...not very promising at all. Definitely fruity, sweet, and candyish in its sweetness. Thankfully, the mint note smooths out quickly and stops being toothpastey on my skin in short order.

Dry: wow, dry, this is not as fruity as it was during the wet phase and in the bottle--not by a long shot. This one seems to juuu~ust border on the fruitiness, tempered by a surprisingly soft and "warm" mint note (I love oxymorons lately, I see). Still, it retains its refreshing tone, a bright blend suitable for a hot summer's day relaxing on a beach with a cool tropical drink beside you. As it stays longer on my skin though, there is a definite plasticky note thing going on...

Verdict: this is the sort of fruit scent that I used to say was part of my keeper list--meaning, it's not full-on fruity but very beautiful and wearable, but well, I really don't wear any fruity blends anymore :/