Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Byron v13

Nice, don't recall & didn't take specific notes, a little nicer than v7 I think - fresh, cologney, unisex from the best I can recall.

Skin test reveals:

LEATHER, not too dissimilar from the one in Sacrifice or Dee, with some woods, a little spice (including some coriander or cumin), and some definite herbs including some culinary ones - maybe some basil or oregano? But it doesn't smell foody, it's more like a manly dude who's been gardening and running around in the forest.

Edited by fairnymph

Manly? Dude running around in a garden? I don't think so. This stuff is so incredibly sexy and unlike De Sade or Iago (the definition of "manly" to me).

This is like CC: Female's infernal twin. Where CC: Female has that Snake Oil-y vibe with the creamy vanilla and subdued leather, Byron v13 is the fiery answer smoldering with flames of red musk on a black leather jacket that clings ever so suggestively to the skin. There is also something "delicious" about it that isn't foody in the least but rather seethes eat me alivethrough swollen lips. It's perfectly evocative of Byron's roguish ways without being too restrictively male, though there is a masculine quality in the way of the Loviatar-esque dominatrix feel but it isn't manly in the least. It's just as daring and roguish as its namesake.

Bottom Line: this is basically very akin to Snake Oil with a little extra red musk and an undercurrent of soft, sensual black leather. Or sex in a bottle. Whichever you prefer.

Byron v13 is definitely manly on me. It's got some sweet red musk, a hint of worn leather, and I'm guessing some vanilla and perhaps a swirl of herbs. This one is definitely roguish Byron, as opposed to v7, which was way floral and more of the romantic, hazy perception of Byron.

This is the Byron that spouts poetry with a leer on his face, a swagger to his step and you definitely have to wonder about the size of his package.

Delicious leather (loving this leather note), lots of herbs, some woods and possibly some warm musk on the background? There's also something slightly watery that appears as it dries, not aquatic per say, maybe a hint metallic too. It has the same 'feel' as Antony does on me, though that one is heavier on the musk and Byron v13 is heavier on the leather and herbs on my skin.

I tested this once last night and am now testing it again.

I'm definitely getting leather and something sweet that is maybe tonka? It doesn't smell like vanilla to me, and it ends up drying down to something kind of beeswax-y. It reminds me a lot of Dee, which makes me think it is tonka.

Anyway, leather, tonka, musk...something mildly spicy. In the dry-down, I thought I got a hint of florals, making me wonder if there is a tiny bit of carnation in there. I agree that there might be something metallic. Metallics do not like me except in very small doses, and this definitely behaves.

I think this is definitely a good one for fans of Dee.

Byron v13 reminds me of Hellfire and Banned in Boston... lots of sweet tobacco and an almost misty & musky cologne smell. It smells like a men's cologne, heavy on a sweet tobacco note, but it becomes cloying on me after a short while. Almost like sticky, sweet tobacco dumped into a bag of sugar. Kinda nauseating. :sick:

ETA: This has gotten a lot better with age. It's still sweet, but less so. It smells like a dry, warped, old, brown leather pouch that was used to carry sweet chewing tobacco leaves. I still can't wear it on its own, but I love this mixed with a clove scent (Solstice Scent's Travelers perfume layered with this is amazing).

Edited by Little Bird

On the skin: Hmmm, this one has quite good throw! Something that smells like tree. (cedar? Not quite sure which) There is also something kinda sweet in here. Wow, I want to attack my SO with this one! This is fantastic!

When I bought the original Byron, I remember thinking "this is nice, but it's too feminine / I wish it had leather." It was a bit too floral for my tastes, spicy and bright. While I love my Byronic antiheroes (being married to one), to me The Byronic Antihero wasn't very evocative of one...it was too "safe."

Then I smelled this proto. :thud: This is what I had wished the original had been. While still a rather sweet and spicy blend, the leather adds a smoky depth that keeps it from going too high pitched. I get an interesting cold note every once in a while, the chilling baleful stare of a brooding dark man. The leather is the smooth, soft type, so worry not about your jaded hero turning into a Draco in Leather Pants.

Yum! If this is what it's like fresh out of the box, I can't wait to sniff it aged...and on Mr. whiteelf. :wub2:

This. I mean...this smell...this is stupid good.

In the bottle there's a sharp, high, almost cologne note to it, with an underlying herbal base. With some more sniffing there is a sweetness that emerges, mingling with an almost animalistic musk. I think it's actually the musk that brings the sweetness.

On wet the musk blooms, I think it's red, which is wonderful because it's my favorite. As it warms that sharp, high note dissipates into the most amazing, sexy, silky, soft leather scent. If this was a pair of leather pants you'd have to pour yourself into them.

Dry the leather amps significantly, playing a naughty little game with the assertive musk note. An underlying, very herbal base provides a foundation for these two strong scents. Someone mentioned cumin, but this is very much NOT cumin, which is like, the only true NEVER EVER works note on me. This is a, undeniably sensual scent. Amazing, dark, formidable, and more than a little naughty.

I adore the hell out of this. Many thanks to ND(cent) for swapping this to me, it is a super awesome going out smell, but it's also comforting, somehow! I love it sooooo much!

This does have some similarities to Crowley, with the musk and leather notes, but where Crowley has a lighter, lavender cologne (very light, but there) this has that insanely interesting herbal base. I love Crowley and I love this (have I said that enough?)

This is such a BEAUTIFUL scent. It's a nice earthy, grounded leather. It's not a sharp new one, but rather something that's well worn and lived in. It's definitely spicier and less powdery on me than A Bachelor's Dog, but I would guess that this has a healthy dash of tobacco in it as well as the leather and smattering of spice. It's sweet ish, but it feels like that sweetness may come from a musk rather than vanilla.

This is what I thought Haute Macabre would smell like on me (minus patchouli in this). Seriously, this is sooooo lovely! :wub2:

I received a frottle of this is a forum purchase. Can you believe that? A frottle. I was floored. And so excited to try it! :wub2:

Wet: A lot of cinnamon. I see no one else has noted cinnamon in this. But it's cinnamon all right. Not in the bottle. I don't detect even a hint in the bottle. But once it hits my skin, my chemistry does it's thing and amps what is likely a trace of cinnamon to high heaven. There are hints of herbs. A slight metallic edge, but not unpleasant. Maybe a faint hint of leather. Very interesting. I wait impatiently for it to dry. As it's drying, I get faint hints of....ummm...vomit, actually. Underneath the spicy leather. Ya, that's vomit.

Dry: Warm, spicy leather. Generally I like really feminine scents, but this is pretty unisex, and I still love it. I also think it would be sexy on a man. I am so happy to have received this, it's like nothing else in my collection!! I'll cherish it.