Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
strahlend

Mysterious Warning

A scent evocative of poisonous family secrets: dry lavender-infused amber, battered leather, nicotiana, osmanthus, and jasmine tea.

Yeah, the lavender in this reminds me of TKO's lavender. This one is more complex -- the floral notes make it smell more exotic than lavender perfumes usually do. It's pretty.

I think I've been using TKO for too long, though, because when I take a big whiff of this I get sleepy. :zzz:

On the skin: Nice smooth leather lavender with a hint of tea. Doesn't smell sharp at all! This is actually a very friendly lavender. I do like how smooth this blend is!

After a bit, it begins to smell slightly sweeter.

Interesting and lovely, but I don't think it is for me.

Thank you, TwilightEyes for sending this to me!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I had no notes to look at before applying, which is always a fun experiment. At first, it was VERY sharp- almost like a cheap men's body spray and white floral. Something about it reminded me of Lurid, which is my absolute favorite BPAL scent ever. But, boy did it morph quickly and often! The next stage was a very strong floral, which I am guessing must be the jasmine in the tea.

The dry down became very warm and cozy, with a little hint of woodiness from the lavender. I keep getting whiffs of myself and feel intoxicated :lol:

While similar to Lurid, I'd say that this is slightly warmer on the dry down but still has those slight aquatic/ ozone/ lavender notes to keep it grounded.

YUM.

this starts out all lavender, then the nicotiana comes through a lot more. i think i am also getting a hint of amber and osmanthus and later the tea. it takes awhile but i get something almost foody from this? not sure what that is, it's just kind of..."toasty" i'd say. whatever it is, it's not really working with my skin chemistry. i don't get any leather in here either. what an interesting scent.

This is so pretty! The lavender and amber are the standout notes during the first few hours of wear. The jasmine tea gains strength over time, but the jasmine in it is really well-behaved, and the nicotiana, which is a background player, doesn't smell like the tobacco flower used in the Lab's recent scents (which is good, because it lets the other notes have more of a chance to shine). The leather in this is subtle; I only noticed it after it had been dry for several hours of wear, and it's a smooth leather. There's a floral creaminess to this at the end of the day that I think may be due to the osmanthus, but that's not a floral note I'm particularly good at sussing out. There's a sparkling quality to this that appears in some of the Lab's more mainstream-esque perfumes, but I'm not sure what note is contributing to that... perhaps the dry amber, or maybe it's the nicotiana. This is great in all of its phases -- the wonderful lavender amber one, the jasmine tea-dominate one, and the creamy, sparkling floral and amber scent that you get after several hours of wear and can't stop huffing.

Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't more popular. I'll cherish my decant.

Thank you to the extremely kind soul who sent me a full decant of this beautiful scent! :thud:  :wub2: :glomp: