Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apricot, lemon sugar, coconut, red currant, and vetiver.

Actually, the vetiver's not so bad on me here (I mean, it is overwhelming, but it will age out, I am sure), it's the fruits underneath--they turn into cheap shampoo or room freshener on me. Like a Glade spray or something. This would probably be lovely on someone with different skin chemistry.

In the bottle: The apricot in here smells amazing!! Like eating a real apricot. Oh, please may the vetiver not take over too much!

On the skin: Argh! I get very little apricot!! And then.... magically it appears! Yay! It smells a bit like apricots in dirt! Hmmmm, don't normally like dirt, but this isn't so bad. Will have to retest!

This smelled pretty enough in the decant, strongly vetiver, but tempered with something else. Once it hit my wrist though, it was all vetiver, skanky vetiver. After a few minutes I can tell there is something else sweetening it but it's too little, too late! DH says I smell like bugspray. Can't say I'll be wearing this, but i'm kinda glad, so far i've wanted all the other Metamorphosis decants i've tried!

Like Catseye, I think it smells amazing in the bottle. Nice and spicy and fruity, I was excited to put this on.

Sadly, it was a huge morph-er. There was a moment of plastic coconut and apricot tinged with lemon sugar, which was smothered by vetiver. After a little while all I could smell was apricot and vetiver. It was not all that bad, and the Hub actually liked it. It lasted like WHOA! I put it on at 3:30 in the afternoon, and could still smell it when I got up at 7:30 am. However, a friend of ours asked if I had showered in Axe body products. *SIGH* Not really my thing.

In the imp this is all apricot and vetiver. Not sure if these two notes belong together but I sure do love vetiver :wub2:

Hmmm...vetiver and apricot. That's about it. This is a syrupy sweet vetiver. I'm not so sure about this. I like my vetiver dark and smoky. The notes realy just don't belong together. Sadly, I'm finding that's the theme with the moth/butterfly series. :cry2:

As this dries the vetiver fades to the background and this is OMG LOTS OF APRICOT SYRUP. I never got any lemon sugar.

These are notes thhat just odn't belong together IMO.

Bleh.

Another fail :(

This smelled really great in the decant that I got, but once I put it on, it went to nothing but vetiver. And while I really don't hate vetiver like a lot of people do, I was really hoping to smell the fruits in this one along with the vetiver. It also faded quickly, which was disappointing. :(

I smell a lot of vetiver in this, but it's one of those things that I'm not sure I love, but I have to keep sniffing anyway? I guess vetiver is my trainwreck note? Under the vetiver I get some apricot, and very faintly the coconut. Unfortunately the more it dries the more the sugar comes out and it ends up a smoky/acrid/cloying/chemically mess.

Oh, vetiver. You never, ever work on me, and yet I still believe that somehow, someday, I will find a vetiver-containing blend that makes me smell divine. Today is not that day, and Common Jezebel is definitely not that oil. Just once, I would like to get the dry grasses to which vetiver aficionados sometimes refer in their reviews. Instead, I am getting something that might be similar to what Ondine describes above as a "shampoo" smell, but the vetiver/coconut combo is all burning plastic on me, as if someone held a match to the shampoo bottle and melted it to release the oddly sweet soapy scent inside. I can't distinguish among the apricot, red currant, and lemon sugar (all notes that should theoretically be fabulous on me) here; they are undoubtedly contributing to the sweetness I am getting from the blend, but it is an off-putting, cloying sweetness when contrasted with the vetiver. Great throw, though! And did I mention the plastic? And the burning? I can't complain too much - all of the other Metamorphosis blends have been just lovely with my skin chemistry - but this is an unfortunate exception. My CJ decant may have to flutter off to a new home.

On me, this is like a summer version of Goblin, and it really does make me think of a garden full of butterflies <3.

Common Jezebel is mostly warm, fuzzy, sunny apricot, with the coconut giving it a creamy edge, and the vetiver adding just a hint of earthiness. I was worried about the lemon and red currant going too sharp or sour on me, but I can't pick out either of those notes. There's a hint of something in here that smells slightly green to me (like green leaves <3), though I'm not sure what it is.

The vetiver is actually very subtle on me in this scent, and it's the good, non-smoky sort of vetiver. It's just enough to keep the blend from being too fruity for me.

This isn't my favorite butterfly, but I do really like it, and I'm happy to have a partial bottle.

Vetiver almost never works on me, and I've tried lots of scents. Anathema is a notable exception and, apparently, so is Common Jezebel! Wet, I get ripe, juicy fruit, although I smelled pear more than apricot. The vetiver blooms almost immediately, smoky and charred.

Dry, it's more of the same, the apricot become a little dustier and the vetiver is a delicate balance between green and smoky. I don't get much in the way of lemon or currant, and the coconut is just barely there, cooling down the vetiver. It's very refreshing, a great scent for a hot day.

I'm tempted to buy a bottle just because it's a successful vetiver blend, but other than that it's not impressing me that much and the apricot fades quickly. Maybe I can pick up a few more decants from other people's FAIL piles.

Wet, this is seriously juicy fruit... not sure I'd have guessed apricot, more like nectarine or pear, but FRUIT.

This starts to dry and the fruit is joined by the red currant, which makes this now smell like a red Jolly Rancher candy. Sweet and a bit tart and RED and fruity.

Then the oddest thing happens - the vetiver comes out in all its dry grassy glory, and the two scents stand side by side - red fruity candy and dry sweetgrass. They don't meld at all, equal in strength in some sort of staring contest.

After another 10 or 15 minutes, the vetiver beats back the candy just enough to be more dominant and then it gets ... greener? smelling. Still grassy but not as dry, almost sharp or oily smelling. With the candy still bouncing in the background....

This is weird and frankly, unpleasant. I feel like I am sucking on a red Jolly Rancher in the heat of August, smelling the spot on the mostly dry lawn where my brother changed the car's oil and dripped some onto the grass by accident.

At first this is quite fruity, a peachy apricot, very juicy and realistic. Unfortunate for me, as I'm not into fruity, but the mix of fruit and vetiver intrigued me. Dry, the sweet fruit is tempered by the vetiver, and this ends up being quite wearable for me. Dry, dusty, slightly sweet (dried) apricot now. I like this, but probably not enough for a bottle. Will enjoy my decant, though, while it lasts!

This one is fruity apricot. The apricot being the fruit that stands out the most. I get the tiniest hint of coconut. Very spring like.

In the bottle – Apricot and vetiver, distinctly odd

Wet on me – Again the combination of soft juicy fruits and dry musty vetiver is a little odd on me

Dry on me – A soft, fuzzy, fleshy fruit scent

Overall – Once the vetiver softens it’s a really pretty fruit scent, which lasts well, but it doesn’t really excite me

The Common Jezebel had three points against it when I debated trying it: apricot, vetiver, and apricot + vetiver. In the imp, yes, apricot, vetiver, and sugar. Coconut, too. The vetiver gives me an impression of saltiness.

On my skin, the vetiver amps and then settles down as the blend dries, and the apricot soldiers on through the changes. It's awful on me. But then I hate apricot on my skin, it always smells sweaty and gross, and I can only take vetiver in certain blends (this is definitely not one of those). Absolutely not for me.

Hmm.. I get NO vetiver at all here. None! Wait.. maybe it is there, but uber-soft, like just a drop in a whole 5ml. Mostly I get a sweet apricot from Common Jezebel, with a little bit of lemon sugar. The coconut isn't really there in a COCONUT kind of way - it's just adding a slight waxiness to things. And the red currant.. hmm.. yes, there it is - it comes out after a short while and blends in with the apricot nicely.

Very pretty, and just overall *nice*.

Wet this smells like dirt and peaches (which I’m guessing is the apricot). As it dries the vetiver fades letting the other scents develop into a muted sweetness. This scent is well blended; I can’t pick any of the notes out among the others. While this reminds me of the GC Jezebel, Common Jezebel is what I expected from a scent named Jezebel. It’s a little more experienced than regular Jezebel.

This is quite beautiful! I was worried about the sugar, but for me, this is all ripe, juicy apricot with a grounding undercurrent of my beloved vetiver. The red currant helps make this scent fruity and juicy, but I get no coconut whatsoever. Well, I take that back. On the initial application, I get a blast of coconut and lemony sugar, but it wears off quickly. It smells, strangely, like Villainess's "Peach" Smack! note before it dries down.

This one has little throw on me, too, staying close to the skin. It's very nice, but the wear time is only a few hours before I can't smell it any more, not even if I press my nose to my wrist.

I'll keep the decant, but it's not a bottle scent for me.

Edited by zombi

At first it's all vetiver with coconut and apricot lingering in the background. Once it has had a chance to fully drydown, the vetiver really powers down and seems to just a touch of smoke and earth. I am slightly surprised that I quite enjoy it, considering I am not really a vetiver fan. Lemon sugar and red currants add sweetness and a hint of tartness.

First note immediately picked out: vetiver.

Second note: apricot.

These two notes remind me of a GC scent, but I can't think which.

Upon reading the list of notes, I can detect a hint of sugar, but that is it.

If the apricot were much stronger with only a hint of vetiver, I might keep it as I usually like apricot scents (March Hare and Katharina, I'm looking at you), but as it is, no.

In the decant: Hmmm. This smells like some sort of kitchen cleanser in the decant. It might be the vetiver—I haven’t been too successful with it in the past.

Wet: Bleh. The problem is definitely the vetiver. I’ll give it a minute or two, but I may have to wash this off.

Yeah. I can’t do it. I had to wash it off. Vetiver smells HORRIBLE on me. I’m sad about this, because the lemon sugar sounded like it would be fantastic. Off to swaps/sales.

Wet: Sigh. All vetiver with a touch of coconut. I don't love vetiver...please go away...

Dry: oh no, the vetiver has totally taken over. I shall go cry now...

Sliterhing, Sweaty vetivert. Not even a trace of the other notes in here. Though maybe I should admit I'm testing a decant...perhaps you have to roll the bottle to mix the oils before applying/decanting?

Common Jezebel

In the Bottle:

Vetiver, Sugar & airy fruits

On my Skin, Wet:

A blast of sugary fruits, then the smoky vetiver.

it smells dark but clean to me.

On my Skin, Dry:

Vetiver dominates in this stage, but I am getting wafts of lemons & a touch of sugar.

it has an overall 'juicy' impression - which can be the apricot & red currants from other blends I have tried that have those notes.

Still kind of a strange dark but clean impression but now with a slightly smoky undertone.

Verdict:

interesting blend - I love the initial blast of sugary fruits with the undertone of the vetiver when I first apply this, but I'm not sure how I like the role reversal once dry.

as far as aging goes, I suspect this blend will eventually be all vetiver all the time.

if it turns out to be anything other than vetiver I'll be pleasantly surprised.

4 of 10 ranking