Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

COMMON JEZEBEL
Apricot, lemon sugar, coconut, red currant, and vetiver.

I got mostly VETIVERRR and something else underneath it, but the something else didn't quite win out, sadly. The vetiver might leave with age, but if you amp vetiver to high heaven like I do, you're going to be hard-pressed to get anything out of this.

at first sniff it was mostly coconut tempered by the vetiver. but second sniff after it settled it's mostly apricot. a dry apricot due to the vetiver. it makes me think of salty, sweaty, sweet skin. like a just sexed harlot. so common jezebel is indeed a fitting name :P unfortunately the scent doesn't work for me, but I think this would work for someone who likes dry scents. sort of reminds me of a dry apricot wine as well.

This should be bottled Quease. Red currant goes straight to gummy bears, and it is a note I can't deal with after wearing Eat Me while watching _Cloverfield_ at Cinerama (*giant* curved screen with an amazing sound system. *The* place to see action movies in Seattle). I tend to amp coconut to the exclusion of everything else, and it can turn so sweet my teeth ache. Last year, I had a broken decant incident with either Velvet Tiger or Velvet Panther and had to *leave my apartment* for a few hours because the vetiver made me sick. And speaking of sweet, lemon sugar. Apricot can be okay (March Hare!), but if it's combined with a problem note, things can go very, very wrong (Depraved). Based on the notes, I should avoid this one at all costs.

But. I got this one for a decant circle, and out of all of the Moths'n'Butterflies, this was the one I found myself thinking about with alarming frequency. Yesterday, I crossed my fingers (hoping that I could make it through the day without *too* much of a problem) and tested it. The best way I can describe this one is spiky pears. Not spicy pears. Spiky. Like pear slices were mixed up with a bunch of spicy sticks near a campfire, although I don't get smoke. I'm not sure why I get *pear* out of this, but I do. I've only tested three so far, but this is my favorite of those three (and the other two? Monarch and Gypsy), although it's not really an early June scent to me. It makes me think of late August weekends. And, hey, August will be here fairly soon!

Ech, this did not work. I was hoping for any little bit of coconut or red currant. They are two of my favorite scents. I didn't even get any lemon sugar. All I got was Apricot and vetiver battling it out in a death match of 'meh'. The vetiver won and I was disappointed. 1/5, I will not be wearing this one.

VETIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR drying down into tangy, fruity vetiver. Sometimes vetiver plays nice but it's just too overpowering for these lighter fruit and sugar notes. It was worth a shot but does not work for me.

On me this is mostly apricots, sugar, a hint of lemons, and just a bit of vetiver. I didn't get nearly as much vetiver from this as I expected, esp. given the other reviews.

It's quite unique and much more wearable than I expected. It's also "cleaner" smelling than I would've thought. This would make a great year round scent. :)

Vetiver.... ugh.

At first wet I could smell a tinge of coconut/lemon. It wasn't too bad. Then the vetiver came out to play and ruined my fun. Vetiver on me smells sour & like burning plastic almost. This scent stayed very close to my skin. And because of that, I had to put my nose so close to smell it, its just burned my nose. I got a slightly nauseous feeling everytime I sniffed it. I so wanted to like this one too.

Damn you vetiver. You suck.

1/5

While many were :ack: in horror at the idea of apricot and vetiver in this blend, I was very interested (and hopeful). Vetiver and I generally get along pretty well, though it usually takes a few minutes if it's strong. This blend sounded reminiscent of a lighter Marquise de Mertueil, but on my skin it is an extremely simplified and boring version of that scent. I wish it were more in the middle. Marquise is so over the top grandiose I have a hard time figuring out where I'd wear it, though I find it beautiful and evocative. This scent on me boils down to simply vetiver and apricot. The end. I get nothing else, and I'm sad. :( Oh well.

Common Jezebel

I was worried about the vetiver in this, but there are enough sweet components to this blend that it balances out. The sweet apricot is dominant, with the vetiver grounding it and adding a dryness. I can't pick out the lemon sugar, coconut or red currant. I think this would make a nice late summer/early fall blend, although it's not really "me".

Common Jezebel - This is a lovely scent! When I first opened the bottle, I smelled apricot and vetiver. I hate the smell of vetiver when it's wet, but the drydown on my skin is almost always magical. So I was intrigued by the combination of apricot/vetiver. When I applied it to my skin, I could smell a bit of coconut under the wet apricot/vetiver, and as it dried down, the vetiver became much more subtle, and rather than blasting me in the face with it's dry earthiness, it simply became a really nice base note for the sweet apricot to do its thing. A thin ribbon of coconut swirls through the scent after drydown, but it's hard to pin down. I don't smell the lemon or red currant at all. The overall scent is pretty subtle and after two hours it has faded significantly and by the four-hour point, it's pretty much gone. This is a gorgeous summertime scent if you're the apparently rare person who is okay with vetiver.

I'm going to preface my review by noting that this is one of the few scents I actually had to scrub off.

Sometimes, vetiver adds a pleasant smokiness or bitter edge to a blend that might be too sweet or cloying otherwise.

This is not one of those scents.

Although it smelled okay in the vial, mostly apricots and currants, as soon as I put it on it became the all-vetiver-all-the-time show, with the vetiver amping to horrible bitter burning grass overwhelming levels. If I sniffed really hard, which I only did once, I got the other notes which were actually quite pleasant together, but the vetiver stomped all over them with big stompy vetiver boots.

If your chemistry plays nice with vetiver, give this a try because I can tell the other notes are lovely. However, if you ever have vetiver issues, I personally would recommend you proceed with caution. :)

I like vetiver but not mixed with sweet fruits like apricot or peach, somehow that combination ends up smelling sort of sickly sweet to me. I didn't expect to like this blend and unfortunately I don't. I love the name though.

i had high hopes for this, as a lot of scents that don't work out on most people are lovely on me (yes you milk moon) but i had a problem with the vetiver too. I don't have a lot of this note around so I don't know what'll happen, but I'm hoping it'll age out- I WANT to want a bottle. I almost like this, but the vetiver is way strong and doing sort of a chemical/hairspray thing? but if i can ignore that, there's a lovely apricot/coconutiness there. i'm gonna open this decant again just before the butterflies come down. crossing my fingers for this.

In the bottle: Definitely vetiver and some freshness from the apricot and lemon sugar.

Immediately after application: Strong on vetiver, luckily it's a note I like. I can also pick up hints of the red currant and maybe apricot. Mostly the vetiver though.

Warming up: Normal me, amping the earthy notes. It's ALL vetiver. Damn. I wanted the other notes to play too as I love apricot, lemon, coconut, AND currant. I love all the notes in this one but the vetiver just wants to overpower everything :[ Boo.

Fading: The vetiver has calmed down somewhat but it's still mostly what I'm smelling. Maybe a bit of red currant.

Faded: Faint fruits and vetiver.

Overall: I wanted to love this blend so much. It has some of my favorite notes but sadly Mr. Vetiver had to make this his game. Not one I'll be upgrading to a bottle, sadly.

Wet: This smells like canned spinach. Metallic, canned spinach!Drydown: the vetiver is really strong here! No currant or lemon sugar...which is odd b/c I amp the hell out of sugar normally...but the apricot does peak through! Soft apricot tangling with the vetiver. I don't know if I will keep this but...it sure is interesting!Wet: This smells like canned spinach. Metallic, canned spinach!Drydown: the vetiver is really strong here! No currant or lemon sugar...which is odd b/c I amp the hell out of sugar normally...but the apricot does peak through! Soft apricot tangling with the vetiver. I don't know if I will keep this but...it sure is interesting!

Unfortunately this is pure fail on me... I had high hopes because of the apricot and lemon sugar.

In the bottle and fresh on the skin it's pure vetiver on me. After around 10 minutes apricot makes a very very short visit and the other notes don't bother to make an appearance.

Unfortunalety after that the vetiver turns into something nasty and now I smell like a glue stick... ICK!

Edited by Teipu

It smells alright in the decant, a bit sharp perhaps. But on application, this is lemon and vetiver ick. And it just gets worse as it dries down. Vetiver seems to be a note that I can’t carry off, no matter what. Wash off.

The vetiver in this is not very strong on me. The strongest note is the red currant with the lemon and apricot. I just received it from the lab today, so it is a bit sharp, but I know that it will mellow out and be just lovely for the summer. I'm not getting much coconut, so I might try layering it with a coconut blend. I bet that this would be lovely layered with a bit of Tiki Princess.

I thought this smelled like banana in the imp. That was what coconut, apricot and currant blended together to my nose. I don't really like banana as a scent, so that was not promising at all.

But I dutifully put it on. Now it is interesting. It is the apricot of March Hare, a scent I'm just crazy about, but with vetiver! Now how odd a combo is that? :lol: On me it smells kind of like if the March Hare had a slight accident with flames and singed some of his fur. It has a slightly smoky note. I'm amping the vetiver more than my friend who tried it at the same time. She ended up mostly apricot.

I don't know that I need more of this--I like the March Hare better and on me they are similar. But I'm glad I got to try it, esp. since my dog's name is Jezebel (but she is UNCOMMON Jezebel, of course! ;) )

Oh wow no, VETIVER of DEATH! From the vial and on my skin I'm getting nothing but vetiver. After about 10 min I smell something that reminds me of lettuce, but NONE of the other notes. What gives??

I find this incredibly evocative of an actual butterfly... yes, straight out of the imp it's heavy on the nasty vetiver.. but on the skin it's apricot brightened with current which makes me think of the colors on this butterfly's wings.. but theres also the vetiver and coconut, which on my skin become a dusty, husky note (ie: vetiver behaves for me) which makes me think of the softness of the wings.

Well done and beautifully blended scent, however I'm not really an apricot fan so this one is likely a no go for a bottle.

I was excited to see more of my favorite VETIVER AND Apricot. I HAD to try it.

In the imp: Vetiver and a hint of apricot. Nice and green from the vetiver. I get nothing else.

On the skin: The sweetness pops out and the apricot says HELLO! I get no coconut or current or lemon sugar.

Dry down: The vetiver goes away! Booooo......and what's left is a dry scent. Annnnnnd candle wax. Thank you skin. No throw at all. And th early stages of the scent doesn't last at all. "sniff, sniff."

I'm still glad I got a bottle of this from a forum member!

First, I love the name. My dog's name is Jezebel.

Ugh! The lemon sugar and vetiver are killing this scent for me. :ack:

I had high hopes for this one. I was hoping to amp the apricot & current components. Darn it! :evil:

~

Vetiver is not my friend. But I have smelled some mixes with vetiver that worked. This is kinda one of them. Now I'm not gonna get a bottle of this, but I don't have to scrub it off immediately either. It's very hippie-like. I don't smell anything fruity or sugary, but I do get a hint of the coconut. That might be what helps calm the vetiver storm a bit.