Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Coconut, white sugar, angelica, and black pepper.

ITI: Toasted sugar and tropical coconut sunscreen. It smells like a fabulous Hawaiian vacation.

Wet: White most of the notes remain the same, the sugar becomes a little darker and there is more depth with the addition of black pepper. It now reminds me of the wings of the namesaked butterfly.

Dry: Coconut suntan lotion, like Hawaiian Tropics and burnt sugar. The pepper is gone once dry, so this is back to reminding me of a tropical summer vacation.

Super sweet coconut, with a light touch of citrus. No black pepper sharpness. Just summery, happy coconut. It seems an appropriate scent for a butterfly, lightly flitting from flower to flower.

After a few minutes, a burned sugar note comes out. Maybe that's the citrus I was getting...that note does turned citrusy on me sometimes (like in Kill-Devil). After ten minutes, citrus is gone and it's all coconut and caramel. I don't need a bottle, but it's really pretty and nice.

I am constantly in search of the perfect coconut, so I had to track this down.

In the bottle and wet on my skin I get sweet sugary coconut. It's gorgeous. I can't smell the angelica or black pepper to be able to pick them out, but I somewhat "sense" the presence of other notes rounding this out and preventing it from being too sweet on me. If anything, I almost get a faint sense of effervescence, maybe from the black pepper. Just beautiful.

Dry, it hasn't morphed at all, still glorious sweet coconut, without being fake. Doesn't smell like sunscreen at all to me. I'm pretty much in love, and have finally found my perfect summer coconut scent. :wub2:

I'm not a fan of coconut, so I was a little reluctant to put it on at first, but it's not bad at all. It's indeed slightly suncreen-y, with a soft edge of sharpness which I'm guessing is the black pepper. I guess I can describe it as ...green? Not a fan unfortunately. Others will love it. :P

This is very heavy on the pepper, with a slight coconutty background. Much spicier than I had expected!

The spice gives it a certain autumnal vibe, so.....a tropical fall scent?

I am still undecided about how much I would wear this normally, even though I like it, but if you love a good peppery scent, this might be for you :D

The coconut in this seems very similar to that of Coconut Meat SN. Very tropical and beachy but not synthetic. I get a little sugar and some heat from the black pepper. While I do love it I get enough of my coconut needs from other scents (such as Coconut Meat) that I feel the need to track more of this down, delicious as it is!

Sugary, tropical coconut. On me, this has a slight citrus component to it. I could almost swear it had lemongrass in it. Maybe that's the angelica, but I am certainly not getting pepper at all. Overall, as a coconut fan, I am very happy with this scent. It does not go plastic or fake smelling at all on me, though it is definitely a tropical, sunscreen, iced beverage coconut scent.

Starts off as a strong, almost minty herb, then becomes an herbal, almost medicinal coconut (not as unpleasant as it sounds), then creamy, sweet coconut SN.