Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Touareg tea, Asian pear, carnation, lime sugar, green musk, armoise, and thyme.

This is my second favorite of the moths. I get mostly tea, pear and lime and that's just fine with me - this is delicious. Perfect for Summer!

4.5/5

Beautiful. Luna is lime, pear, and tea, over green musk. This will be perfect for summer.

This is moreish. First word that comes to mind when I huff at the delicately fragranced portion of my arm that Luna has settled upon. I think I may love this as much as I love Rosy Maple - and I LOVE Rosy Maple. It is a very 'green' scent but it's so candyish and sugared and mouth-wateringly fresh. I am so pleased I went for a full 5ml of this one. I did get to smell it some time ago and though I remembered it with positivity, getting it on my skin and wearing it has proven the scent to be more amazing than I originally thought. Green, soft, zingy, moreish. I need more Luna!!

Pear cotton candy with a hint of bubble gum. Pear cotton candy!! Not as alarmingly sweet as that description implies but it does really smell like sugar as opposed to a general sweetness. There's a tinge of mint and some coolness in here too, so it's not solely a candy scent. It seems solid and less lacy as it wears, like dried out cubes of sugar with a background I can't ever pin down. Maybe a touch of something herbal. But still, it's a light soft dry down and I can keep layering this on throughout the day. Awesome.

In the imp - Pear sugar.

Wet - Definitely getting some carnation and lime now. Pear has taken a backseat, unfortunately. Something else is a little funky in here too .. maybe the thyme and armoise?

Drydown - Ooh, the pear has a reprise! Still a little herbal, but the return of the pear makes it a bit sweeter. Still no tea on me.

Verdict - This is much nicer on the imp than it is on my skin. Swap.

This is lovely in the imp, sweet sugary tea. It becomes quite floral once applied to my skin and I'm just not a huge fan of florals..... but then it quickly dries down into citrus and herbs. Quite a morpher, this one. I'll probably need to re-test this one at a later date to really decide how I feel about it.

Bottle: Very springy and green! Mostly sugary Asian pear, and something juicier that smells like very ripe honeydew (even though it's not listed in the notes at all). Definitely getting lime. Also getting something that reminds me strongly of Carnal - almost like a beeswax candle note (also not listed anywhere).

Wet: It's less candy-sweet now, and I'm starting to notice other more herbal elements such as the tea, green musk, and thyme. Still very fresh-smelling, and the similarity to Carnal is even stronger. I'd say that if you swapped out the mandarin note in that one for lime, you'd basically have Luna. This is as decidedly "green" as that one is "orange".

Dry: Other than bringing back some of the sugary fruit that I got straight from the bottle, there isn't much of a change from the wet stage. Just fresh, green, and sweet!

Verdict: I actually bought this from another forumite in early Winter, and I'm so glad I tested it now that it's Spring - it's so much more appropriate for this season. I remember opening it to sniff when it first came in the mail, and I put off proper testing because I was getting an almost fake, plasticky melon/pear scent. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much it reminds me of Carnal, as the beeswax-candle thing I get from it (even though the listed notes are mandarin and fig, lol) is lovely. An unexpected keeper!

Edited by Pyretta

Wet: Pear dominates the blend, but there's some tea and a little musky-ness to it as well. Musky pear tea?

Dry: A sweet, musky, pear tea. Average throw.

I.. love this scent. If you're a pear lover like I am, this is absolutely worth trying to track down.

By the notes, this will sound all wrong, but — in bottle, blind-testing, I got something like green banana, creamy, a sweet clean banana purée. That was endearing enough to try it on.

Wet, this is creamy and sweet, fruity but in a musky dusky banana way. If a tea, one with sweetened condensed milk or maybe a lime-sugared whipping cream. But overall, and on walking outside when it was dry, I still sense pear as green creamy, dreamy banana. Luna is like walking out into an early tropical morning full of flowers, mist, and fruiting trees. Carnation and thyme don’t feature at all; there’s no crisp or zing, just soft comfort.

The scent vanishes within the hour, but while it lasts, it’s beautiful.