Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lemon blossom, vanilla bean, huckleberry, sweet pea, rose sugar, acai berry, and candyfloss.

I'm realizing that I do not like the smell of acai berry. I had two teabags of it in a mixed herbal tea sampler, and found it sickly-smelling so threw it out. And now that same smell is messing up an otherwise delightful blend of lemon, cotton candy, and what smells like brown sugar. I LOVE candy scents for summer, and this should have been nummy like Fresh's Lemon Sugar, but that ick-berry is muddling it. I'm not wild for sweet pea either, though, so I guess the "ugh" notes and the "yum" notes are about equal here. A decant is quite enough! I'll stick to Loli.Goth for my summer sweetness this year.

Sweet, pink, juicy, girly, cheerfulness! Sweet pea plus many sugared fruits; kind of floral/fruity in the same way as Titania, but more...pink, and less ethereal. It's not something I would normally want a bottle of, but...maybe I do, since I don't have anything else like it at the moment, and it'll be a great spring/summer scent.

I can't decide whether I sniff watermelon candy, guava juice, or red Kool-Aid in my little decant of Rosy Maple. It smells sugary sweet and pinky-red, that's for sure.

On my skin it smells like super-sugary sweet pea -- like wearing B&BW's sweet pea lotion while nomming on cotton candy -- mixed with something that's giving it an almost chemical edge, maybe the lemon blossom.

I wouldn't wear it, but it smells lovely. That chemical edge stays quiet enough that I can only smell it riiiiight next to my skin. I think it'd make a great girly summer scent.

Very pretty, sweet but not cloyingly so, fresh and lovely. On my skin, the most obvious notes are the sweet pea and rose sugar - the lemon blossom is beautifully soft (not a sharp lemon at all), and the vanilla bean is soft rather than sweet. I'm not really picking up either of the two berry notes, nor the candyfloss on its own but perhaps that's what's giving the overall sweetness effect. There's something peach-y going on here too - since peach isn't a listed note, perhaps that's a result of the lemon blossom and berries.. dunno, but it's definitely peach-y.

I'd put this one in the same family of smells as Mouse's Sad & Long Tale, and some of the District blends - it has a lovely fruitiness with that lovely natural sweetness from the sweet pea. I'm not sure I'd wear it a lot, as these kinds of blends aren't really my thing, but Rosy Maple is definitely a very pretty one.

I like this.

It is a sugary sweet lemon blossom, with a bit of tropical fruit punch thrown in.

in the vial: lemony berries, sweet pea

wet: very tart lemon-berry candy. It makes my mouth water and my nose tingle! I do not get much sweet pea (just enough to soften it up a bit), and no vanilla yet.

dry: still lemon-berry-candy but with a background of vanilla and the florals which tone down the foody sourness I got at first. A bright pink and very girly scent. I like it very much but am undecided if I will be getting a bottle.

I never knew these lovely moths existed until this scent! This starts off juicy, tart berries with hints of lemon, vanilla, and just a bit of candyfloss to sweeten up the tartness. The sweet pea starts coming through and by drydown, this is almost all sweet pea with the barest trace of rose. This is very pretty, feminine and perfect for spring and summertime. :wub2:

(And I'm glad Beth didn't put maple in this scent!)

this starts off with a blast of sugary lemon for me. i am getting the huckleberry too, because i kept thinking about some type of berry lemonade when i was sniffing it. an hour or so later, this has mellowed into a sweet, dusty vanilla with just a whisper of citrus. nice... but doesn't knock my socks off. Nice to try, though!

Predominantly sweet pea with lemon blossom and acai berry. The vanilla bean is faint, but it's creamy. The rose sugar and candyfloss, combined with vanilla bean give Rosy Maple an overwhelming sweetness, that almost makes my teeth ache. It's fruity, slightly citruss-y, refreshing and sweet.

Hmm. this is mostly candy floss and sweet lemon candy with vanilla on me. People mentioned sweet and acai berry smells. I'm jealous! :lol:

I tested this today after I had been slightly headachey the whole day, and its sweetness didn't really favour my condition. :ugh:

The scent - at first - is pleasant, very pleasant, candy-ish sweet... But the sweetness is a bit too much for me. I also had the feeling that it somehow toppled over on my skin, and that the result was a weird, off scent very close to my skin. The throw was still probably good smelling to people standing next to me, but it kind of got on my nerves pretty soon.

Pity. I know my skin amps sweetness in many blends, so maybe I should avoid the very very sweet ones.

In decant: spun sugar!

Wet: Spun sugar!

Dry: Spun sugar...also a faint berry/rose undertone.

A very pink, girly, SWEET scent. It is not at all complex on me, though it deepens a little as it dries as the berry note comes out. It's all candy sugar, all the time.

wet: wow! In your effin face with pinks and reds and sweets...very juicy and fruity and LOUD...

dry: too sweet...too pink and syrupy...this is a chapstick for children on my skin, very sickly sweet...

Sweet, soft pink. Cotton candy blended with that classic hard bubble gum, the kind you really have to sink your teeth into to chew.

Good for wearing: To attend a five year old's tea party.

In bottle: strawberry Bubble Yum

On skin: sticky sweet syrup

Half-hour later: a fizzy, hazy, dusty floral with some spun sugar

In conclusion: this blend is perky and refreshing. Great for the August doldrums.

This was all Sweet Pea for me. Like Pink Phoenix and Candy Phoenix collided and the carnage was squeezed into a bottle. Basically on me it was an overly sweet, soapy mess.

My First Review! :D

When I first smelled this, it reminded me of something that I had smelled before. After a good long hour, I finally remembered that the thing in question was a home fragrance that I once had. And for some reason, this smells like strawberry to me, good throw, and lasts about 5 hours or so. All in all, I'm glad I got this :)

Okay, I definitely got something that smelled like bananas on wet and then quickly moved to something fruity and sweet, albeit somewhat generic. As it further dries, I finally get the whiffs of vanilla, candy and berries. Very girly, very sweet. I would definitely find this appropriate for a young girl. It sort of reminds me to Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE OUT OF ALL THE MOTHS! :dance: Yes, I had to caps-lock that because I just can't get over how amazing this blend is! Sugary, candy sweet that also has a teeny bit of floral (from the lemon blossom & rose sugar) to it. I'm going to need at least two bottles of this super yummy scent. :yum:

In the bottle: This is all just one big sweet juicy berry with a hint of lemon.

Wet on skin: Still a sweet berry, but it has been tempered just a bit. It's being candied now and being topped with a lemon blossom. It's sweet and fun.

Drydown: The acai berry and huckleberry are still front and center, surrounded by sugar and lemon blossoms, but the vanilla is way, way in the back, like just a dollop of vanilla.

Dry: Thankfully the rose in the rose sugar is not going to baby powder on me. Instead, it's just lending a hint of floral. This stays fairly true - sweet candied berries.

Edited by claudia6913

In bottle/imp: Cotton candy, berry and… banana?

Immediately on skin: This blend is very candy-like with a lot of super sweet berry notes. Mostly I get the two berry notes with a lot of the candyfloss, and the vanilla as sort of the base. There’s something cloying about this to my nose, however; the candyfloss and berries are clashing with another note and not quite blending well. Overall, this is a very sweet blend without anything to temper it.

A few minutes later: The clashing note faded and now this scent is all berry candy with a touch of sweet pea.

After a little while: Sweet, sweet, sweet! The assertiveness of the huckleberry note has faded, but this is still berries and cotton candy, but now with more creamy vanilla to it. Very pretty and candy-like.

Overall Impressions: From start to finish, this scent was much too sweet for me unfortunately. For those that love candy-like scents, I would highly recommend this blend. It’s all berries and candyfloss with hints of sweet pea and vanilla wafting in and out.

Imp: Candy floss and fruit! Mostly I'm getting huckle and acai berry. The rose is very understated, this is more of a fruit/candy scent than anything.

Wet: Now I'm getting the sweet pea and the candy floss, with the berries mingling in. The lemon almost isn't there, and the whole thing combines to smell like a sweet, fruity confection, like a tart. Still just about no rose, which is a good thing in my book, since it tends to dominate for me. There's also a smidge of vanilla, and the effect also resembles a berry flavored candy floss, since everything is so well blended.

Dry: Sweet and pleasant. I skin tested this once before and it went candy sweet on me, but I seem to have had better luck this time. The vanilla comes out a little more on my skin, and the berries ground the scent and keep it from going straight sugar. Really nice! The only one from this set I've had success with. 4/5

Wow is this strong compared to most of the moths and butterflies. Berry candy to the max! Once I have it on my skin I get strawberry candy and just a hint of cream.

hmmmmmmmmmm.. lemon blossom, sweet pea, rose sugar.. :love!:

so much goodness in just ONE bottle! yaya, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this one, I hope it will stay with me forever heehee

Edited by lunaticana

For some reason, first sniff of this made me think "jelly beans!" It's kind of a chewy, sweet scent, though the denseness dissipates after a little while. It gets less honey-sweet, too, in favor of a lighter floral sweetness. This is a sunny breeze sort of scent, with the sweet pea note falling predominant on me in the end.